5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Veneno

Reaction score
I will worked at a Chrysler plant before the Democrats shut it down. (Built the transfer cases) we always had the week after Christmas off and the higher sonority guys came in for double time to keep the line moving. I wouldn’t say any difference in quality. Everything is automated to the point if you don’t do your job correct, the cameras /sensors won’t let you send it down line.
And I'm sure there were time stamps when a certain part was put together. If it failed when it was your shift then I'm sure you could get canned.

Roster16

Reaction score
And I'm sure there were time stamps when a certain part was put together. If it failed when it was your shift then I'm sure you could get canned.
😂boy I got some story’s about that! If you build a shift of bad parts you got rid of them before anyone found out. I once opened the door to the machine I was running to find 600 main shafts 😂 just scrape them and move on.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FULL SCAN IS RUNNING EXTREMELY SLOW THIS MORNING SO TOTAL PLANT OUTPUT CHARTS WILL BE UPDATED LATER TODAY WHEN MY SCAN IS FINISHED

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
122645 @FantaguyXOhioGraniteLaramie
123655 @ColtfreaksXMichiganBlackLaramie
147657 @BrownanXMarylandPatriotLimited
151673 @DreadXAlabamaGraniteLaramie
156300 @Afrojim2009XLouisianaPatriotLaramie
168357 @JODYJCATALANOXLouisianaBlackLimited
186807 @jmt8706XMichiganGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
215963 @NowayXPennsylvaniaBlackTRX
Whoo!! Thanks @triple_B! Checked my BS, and has my power fold mirrors. :D:LOL:

SunnyS

Reaction score
Wow Truck is at the dealers now. GM is seeing if anything can be done about the PFM issue. Wants to put on the accessory tow mirror pxg for me.Can not seem to find out if they are power folding. I do not see that they are.Like the offer but do not think they are going to work.

Danthecarguy247

Reaction score
My dealer told me yesterday that they build them in color groups, so that makes a lot of sense. He also said anyone that wants the surround camera and automatic parking is going to be in for a very long wait. He indicated those chips are the really hard ones to source. Don't shoot the messenger, only passing along what he told me...
I’m not seeing many Ivory White TC PC’s
and of course I had to have all the tech, so maybe mid 2022?? Lol

Eddieb1771

Reaction score
My dealer told me yesterday that they build them in color groups, so that makes a lot of sense. He also said anyone that wants the surround camera and automatic parking ising to be in for a very long wait. He indicated those chips are the really hard ones to source. Don't shoot the messenger, only passing along what he told me...
Your dealer is feeding you ********. I work in a paint shop. We groups but I see almost every color every day except for some special colors.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Your dealer is feeding you ********. I work in a paint shop. We groups but I see almost every color every day except for some special colors.
Well to be fair, that’s what most dealers do.

It does make sense to me that it would save time, materials and labor to paint 100 red trucks, then reset and clean all the robots and paint 100 blue trucks. That said, I have no clue how robotic paint lines function at a manufacturing plant…

Eddieb1771

Reaction score
Well to be fair, that’s what most dealers do.

It does make sense to me that it would save time, materials and labor to paint 100 red trucks, then reset and clean all the robots and paint 100 blue trucks. That said, I have no clue how robotic paint lines function at a manufacturing plant…
Ya want red it loads and paints red, ya want blue it loads and paints blue Ect... they do what the data they're sent tells them. Only rhyme or reason I notice is the more popular colors white, red, Grey, silver, black may come in small groups intermingled groups compaired to say a green, orange or brown which are done small batch when they have enough to validate running because of paint shelf life.

yup ram

Reaction score
Just curious, is the G/T package been holding up things at all? Ive been reading what feels like a thousand pages in here, but haven't seen too many comment about having ordered that. I know I've got a lot of other options on mine the week likely hold up the order, but was just curious. It's only been 7 weeks since I got my Vin, but I made the mistake of test driving a G/T, and now I've gone into full lust mode for wanting mine. 😆
I don't think so. My order is pretty loaded, including the GT package. I ordered about three weeks ago and have a build date of 12/15 already. Like many others, I'm also of the belief that there is very little rhyme or reason to their pecking order. The pace at which they're building so many new orders does seem to suggest they're prioritizing the trucks with the newer higher price tags but who knows.

RamGram

Reaction score
Hey Triple B, any chance you can pull the BS and WS for VIN127514. Dealer says they have it in storage and I want to be sure it has everything I need.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I don't think so. My order is pretty loaded, including the GT package. I ordered about three weeks ago and have a build date of 12/15 already. Like many others, I'm also of the belief that there is very little rhyme or reason to their pecking order. The pace at which they're building so many new orders does seem to suggest they're prioritizing the trucks with the newer higher price tags but who knows.

So...... theoretically..... since I added nearly every option available, it might mean I get it sooner, or maybe I should've added the last one or two options I didn't so I could even get it sooner. 🤔 🤣 jk, I know there's some kind of method to the madness. Just tired of playing the waiting game, even though I know many have waited longer. Just excited as this is my first truck and first New New car ever.

Users who are viewing this thread