5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you submitting second (or, ahem, 3rd orders), are you reordering the exact same thing or are you dropping/changing options to try to get the order built faster?
I'll assume you were talking about @bigdodge.

For my 3rd order, I actually had to add things to get it like I wanted. The Rebel Level 2 package was no longer available (only Rebel Level B, which didn't have power-folding mirrors), so I had to add TRAILER power-folding mirrors. And the 26-gallon tank wasn't available (only 23 gallons in the base package), so I had to pay extra to go to 33 gallons. But other than that, my first and third orders were the same.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Just when I saw light at the end of the tunnel I've been in inspection status for 3 days while every other member truck built the same day as mine got window stickers already.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
For those of you submitting second (or, ahem, 3rd orders), are you reordering the exact same thing or are you dropping/changing options to try to get the order built faster?
first order they left off the 3.92 gear and I had to change the interior color as the color Light Mountain Brown was dropped for 2022 by ram so I added the 33 tank. Ram changed the color but did not add the gears or the tank. sales manager reordered and ordered a etorque but everything else was correct. I did not want the etorque so the manager called the area rep and asked for a change and just in case ordered a third unit with what I wanted.
This would not have happened if I would have went with the sales person the first time to the manager and watched them make the change. I trusted the sales person to get my POC and he kept saying he would but did not. one day I showed up and the sales person was off so I talked directly with the sales manager.
I have to hand it to this dealer they have been very helpful. I did not even have to give them any more money than i gave at the very beginning. I have used this dealer since 1994 and even though it has changed hands it has been good to me.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just when I saw light at the end of the tunnel I've been in inspection status for 3 days while every other member truck built the same day as mine got window stickers already.
Hopefully you have better luck than I did in Inspection!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full scan took much longer than usual today. Set a new daily production record though (keeping in mind it was a Monday so this includes Friday-Sunday)

3241 build sheets for today, however ONLY 52 window stickers tonight. None of those 52 window stickers were members

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Full scan took much longer than usual today. Set a new daily production record though (keeping in mind it was a Monday so this includes Friday-Sunday)

3241 build sheets for today, however ONLY 52 window stickers tonight. None of those 52 window stickers were members
So roughly 520 window stickers sat, sun, mon for 3200 trucks built? Can't be good news.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So roughly 520 window stickers sat, sun, mon for 3200 trucks built? Can't be good news.
No. Only 52. But since those are published on weekends as well, then this is just for today.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
No. Only 52. But since those are published on weekends as well, then this is just for today.
Combined window stickers for sat sun and Monday is about 520. Build sheets for the weekend are 3200.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Combined window stickers for sat sun and Monday is about 520. Build sheets for the weekend are 3200.
Ah, gotcha. You did math. Too late in the evening for me to do that.
i have a hunch that last week’s slim supply of Build sheets are catching up this week. I bet we see a ton of Build sheets in the next few days as they complete these trucks.

Shannonwin

Reaction score
Well, first thing you do is print it out. Then you wipe your bum with it.

JK...

The squiggly line on the left shows order dates (on the X axis, with last 6 digits of the VIN on the Y axis). Basically represents the timeline of orders.

The thin blue line represents the "theoretical" date that a truck would be built, based on the assumptions stated (9/13 start of production, 6000 trucks/week), and everything being built sequentially.

The thick blue line represents the range (3-4 weeks later) that a truck would theoretically be delivered.

All the dots represent the "actual" build date. As you can see, there is no method to the madness. Ram is just building whatever they want, whenever they want. If you have a truck that's built to the left of the thin blue line, then you're "beating the average", and if it falls to the right then your time is overdue.

If you look at today's chart, I was lucky enough to have two trucks built. One was WAY overdue from May 20th. The other one was built long before it should have been (if life was fair). But life isn't fair.

This all started as a look-ahead, wishful-thinking, general idea of when someone could expect a truck to be built. Now it's just an exercise in frustration or sheer joy (depending on whether your truck is built to the left or the right of the lin

Well, first thing you do is print it out. Then you wipe your bum with it.

JK...

The squiggly line on the left shows order dates (on the X axis, with last 6 digits of the VIN on the Y axis). Basically represents the timeline of orders.

The thin blue line represents the "theoretical" date that a truck would be built, based on the assumptions stated (9/13 start of production, 6000 trucks/week), and everything being built sequentially.

The thick blue line represents the range (3-4 weeks later) that a truck would theoretically be delivered.

All the dots represent the "actual" build date. As you can see, there is no method to the madness. Ram is just building whatever they want, whenever they want. If you have a truck that's built to the left of the thin blue line, then you're "beating the average", and if it falls to the right then your time is overdue.

If you look at today's chart, I was lucky enough to have two trucks built. One was WAY overdue from May 20th. The other one was built long before it should have been (if life was fair). But life isn't fair.

This all started as a look-ahead, wishful-thinking, general idea of when someone could expect a truck to be built. Now it's just an exercise in frustration or sheer joy (depending on whether your truck is built to the left or the right of the line).
If i'm looking at the chart right don't think i made it on

yup ram

Reaction score
I didnt know it at the time but my original order was placed when Ram wasn't offering blind spot monitoring on any Laramie trucks. A month later it was an option again so i ordered a new one. I tacked on some other options i had been considering, too.

Reactions: x50

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I received this email today, I guess now it's just up to triple_B and Eighty to get me a BS to add to their tracker and I will know it's not a dream. LoL 12/9 will be 6 months of waiting.
Carla must be real after all as she makes reference to some information I sent her in a reply on 11-17 of not understanding how they could still be acquiring parts after 5 and 1/2 months when 7,263 limiteds had already been built along with 58,526 other trim levels at that time.

Hello Randall,

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Ram 1500 factory order status.

Good News! At this present time, all of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process for your Ram 1500 have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Additionally thank you for your response! While I would be unable to review or discern an order placed on behalf of another individual, I do wish to assure you your unique factory order with all unique options & features selected has our attention and priority and we remain committed to building all orders placed upon scheduling or gathering of all the parts necessary to begin building your unique vehicle configuration.

As promised, we are continuing to prioritize your order with our factory resources to ensure your order remains prioritized for next steps.

I will continue to monitor your order with our factory resources teams. Once additional updates become available for your order, I will be reaching out further to you to share these updates. Your authorized ordering dealership will be an additional excellent resource for any order updates or questions you might have.

I will continue to follow your order and provide details as they become available. Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!

Sincerely,

Cara
Ram Truck Information Center
I got feed that same line about "Can't discuss someone else's build" when I asked them why I was seeing trucks ordered after mine going out with parts that could complete my build.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I hope yours gets started early! My fear now is having a sloppy Christmas build. So much for ordering early to try and avoid so many clusterf***s
This was honestly my worry also. I don't even know if I would accept one built the week before Christmas

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If i'm looking at the chart right don't think i made it on
Your order is in there. I may have forgotten to post your name on the day that I added you. But I just double-checked, we're tracking yours.

Users who are viewing this thread