5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

brenan00

Reaction score
Mostly agree. I even said something to this affect a bunch of pages back, the thing Ram screwed the pooch on here really isn't anything else but the communication. Of which there is essentially none (or at least nothing remotely solid that gives anyone asking a decent idea of where their order is actually at, and why).

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what you get when you have a break off of a break off of a break off (ad nauseum) of a mega-corp. I wonder if "Ram chat" has barely anything to do with Ram as a brand, as it actually going through Stellantis (kinda like how a lot of online chat assistants are in some random call center somewhere completely removed from the operations of the company they work for), and Stellantis has almost no people "on the ground" to see what Ram itself is actually up to at its plants. Too many degrees of separation. Whereas like GM is GM, Ford is Ford, etc.
My brother use to run GE’s help desk before outsourcing in the early 2000’s. He had 1200 people taking calls for different businesses, some dedicated to one project other with scripts for many. The best is the outsourcing, someone called needing a tow and said they were at the 7/11 on main st. the tow truck went to 711 South Main St.

Deebeezie

Reaction score
I asked my salesman to cut through the BS when he told me “8-10” weeks for delivery. He then told me, “realistically, expect four to five months if not longer.” I respect the honesty, and he saved himself several emails per month.

derk916

Reaction score
woohoo, but this actually couldn't have happened for me at a worse time. I am leaving for Hawaii next week for 10 days. I am planning to apply through PenFed for a loan. It looks like they have a branch in Honolulu so I could pick up the blank check there and then mail it overnight or whatever is fastest to MD if necessary. Few questions:

1. Is the dealer the best source for tracking the shipping time?
2. When should I apply for a loan? The loan approval from what I gathered is good for 30 days
3. How do I date the insurance? I will be shipping to California.

drivemagnum

Reaction score
i ordered 10-30-21 and was told delivery within 7-8 weeks
not holding my breath
I ordered 2022 1500 Longhorn Eco on 7/16/2021. I was also told 10-14 weeks. 2 weeks ago the dealer told me maybe by January. I told him FCA can stick it up their ***. BYE-BYE. Went an bought a 2500 Longhorn instead that the dealer had on lot. If I had not early traded my truck and would have lost the tax credit, I would have bought from another manufacturer.

n00ber

Reaction score
woohoo, but this actually couldn't have happened for me at a worse time. I am leaving for Hawaii next week for 10 days. I am planning to apply through PenFed for a loan. It looks like they have a branch in Honolulu so I could pick up the blank check there and then mail it overnight or whatever is fastest to MD if necessary. Few questions:

2. When should I apply for a loan? The loan approval from what I gathered is good for 30 days
You should contact MD and see if they can hold it for you until you get back (sign papers saying as much)

1. Once shipped the best tracker besides the shipping company in possession of your truck will be your dealer, not the factory.

2. If I was you, I would try to go through Chrysler Capital first for any incentive there may be, and then turn around and go to PenFed if that's an option for you.
2.1 If the above is not an option, PenFed should allow you to use the app, call, or go in person (prefered) to apply for a loan and see how much they give you. Loans should be printable same day at whatever PenFed location you go to, If they give you a loan for more than the truck is worth, whatever isn't used will go back to PenFed.

3. Not sure I completely understand this question so I'll try to answer. (StateFarm experience for me) Insurance should be able to be taken care of day of purchase. For me I'm purchasing in a different state than where my tag is located (my tag and insurance are same state) I'm sorry if this isn't much help, calling your insurance company and asking them questions will be the better route here.

Nate F

Reaction score
Added 1088 Window Stickers tonight. 2 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Nate F, @Derek916

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150782 @Nate FXXFloridaPatriotLimited
213815 @Derek916XXLouisianaWhiteLaramie
Thanks @triple_B and @Eighty for all your help! My salesperson texted me yesterday that my truck had shipped from the factory. If the 19.5 day average holds up, there's still hope for mid December.

scottlieb

Reaction score

I wouldn't stress over it. I got my WS 11/6, and truck got on a train fairly quickly (11/9 I believe). Arrives at Port (in baton rouge) today. That's 13 days from WS to the port in Baton Rouge. ...but Sandi said it could take 3 days to 3 weeks to get on a truck to the dealer because there are 5 drivers delivering to all of louisiana.

deanno33

Reaction score
I know there are several folks who go D1 but then get stuck there for extended periods. Aside from that happening, has the Estimated Ship Date been pretty close to when most D1 start production? My estimated ship date was 11/21 when I went D1 and I verified on the POC again yesterday that 11/21 hasn't changed.

The only thing that changed on my POC was that the rear under seat storage went to a cost of $0. Not sure why, but I'll take a 100% discount. I know that's not an option for Bighorn any longer so maybe they will delete it from my build....but, for now it's still listed as a line item.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are several folks who go D1 but then get stuck there for extended periods. Aside from that happening, has the Estimated Ship Date been pretty close to when most D1 start production? My estimated ship date was 11/21 when I went D1 and I verified on the POC again yesterday that 11/21 hasn't changed.

The only thing that changed on my POC was that the rear under seat storage went to a cost of $0. Not sure why, but I'll take a 100% discount. I know that's not an option for Bighorn any longer so maybe they will delete it from my build....but, for now it's still listed as a line item.
Once an ESD is established, it can slip a few days (if the factory experiences delays during that period). My TRX originally had a 10/30 ESD, which moved back to 11/8.

x50

Reaction score
Once an ESD is established, it can slip a few days (if the factory experiences delays during that period). My TRX originally had a 10/30 ESD, which moved back to 11/8.
I have an ESD of 12/4. Sounds like I might have a good chance to get it before 2022.

deanno33

Reaction score

Got it. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow (11/20) to see if the ESD is still 11/21. So far it hasn't slipped. Fingers crossed.

Hasti17

Reaction score
@triple_B How were You getting the shipping info to dealers? would love a way to have a general idea of what part of the shipping process my truck is without emailing Aaron every day i know you cant tell what interchange its at like dealers but just knowing when its on the train, when its on the truck, ect if possible

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

406/218

Reaction score
I just ran out of patience with Ram and cancelled my order. The parts shortage excuse ran its course with me, I find it hard to believe that a 103XXX Vin couldn't have been built already. I found two pickups from another manufacturer and bought one for myself and one for a valued employee. I can't see myself ever giving the Ram brand a second chance.

Derek916

Reaction score
If I'm reading the new SALT tax deduction correctly it looks like many of us will be able to write off the sales tax if you itemize.

Users who are viewing this thread