5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Nice to see BackCountry movement over the last week and a half. We may actually see a member order built soon.
Seeing the movement, I sent angry chart heavy email to my salesman and he forwarded it onto his rep, who then "marked the email as hot" and is calling the plant. So we'll see....

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL!! I had to google it! Took 3 years of French in High School and couldn't even order a beer!!
heh heh. Among other things, I'm a student of languages. I speak pretty decent German, French, and Spanish. And enough Italian and Greek to order a beer. Used to know some Russian and Czech, but had to let some things go to make room for all the truck stuff.

x50

Reaction score
You just can't resist poking the hornets nest!! LOL!!
With the VINs being sequential and a variety of trims with common dealer options (IMO), could those be dealer orders and not custom orders?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
heh heh. Among other things, I'm a student of languages. I speak pretty decent German, French, and Spanish. And enough Italian and Greek to order a beer. Used to know some Russian and Czech, but had to let some things go to make room for all the truck stuff.
Dang! A Man of many talents! As @KWKSLVR said, we're from the south and some say we can't even speak English! But we speak DAMN good Southern!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the VINs being sequential and a variety of trims with common dealer options (IMO), could those be dealer orders and not custom orders?
I'm going to guess that these are hurry-up-and-build replacement orders. Either because there were damages or they were incorrectly built the first time.

Reactions: x50

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! A Man of many talents! As @KWKSLVR said, we're from the south and some say we can't even speak English! But we speak DAMN good Southern!!
I'm originally from West Texas, so my mother tongue is West-Texan. But it's not terribly dissimilar from the accents here in Nashville, so I don't stand out.
But when I lived in Miami, I stuck out like a sore thumb.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife is pretty sure that the only thing I have any room left for is truck stuff.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Try to order a GM with heated seats and see what happens. It’s been all over the news here that they have restricted heated/vented seat due to chip shortage. So dump the RAM and buy a something else instead of throwing rocks at someone you don’t even know. 😎
That's the point, though... GM is being upfront about what they are doing, which is restricting options on all but the most expensive options, so they can continue to churn out the expensive trucks. RAM is not doing that. Instead, RAM is staying silent while allowing those with 100-12x VINs to languish in D status while those with 21x VINs are having their trucks built almost immediately, despite those later VINs having the same options as the earlier VINs.

I've seen numerous trucks built, all with much later VINs than mine, which all have parts that should have gone into building my truck. RAM's answer to this issue: we don't have the parts for your truck, just keep waiting.

I'd rather have someone slap me in the face than sucker punch me from the back.

Randboye

Reaction score
The way I look at all this is simply do I want my truck much later than I thought or not at all. Frankly, I want my truck as ordered. If that means it's December or January then I guess it is what it is. It seems clear that no amount of pressure is going to change things.
I agree, Ram/Stellantis says this is not Burger King, your not going get your way (for those old enough to remember that commercial) you'll get it the way we tell you. So just go over to that bench and wait and you not getting any vaseline to go along with that truck either. My go to saying,
[Same thing make you laugh will make you cry] One day Ram/Stellantis and those making those decisions will be crying for not being more transparent with their customers orders. At minimum, good customer service would be to Just keep us apprise of a realistic receiving date, would help in the patience of waiting. Trying to become a first time Ram owner I'm not impressed so far.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the point, though... GM is being upfront about what they are doing, which is restricting options on all but the most expensive options, so they can continue to churn out the expensive trucks. RAM is not doing that. Instead, RAM is staying silent while allowing those with 100-12x VINs to languish in D status while those with 21x VINs are having their trucks built almost immediately, despite those later VINs having the same options as the earlier VINs.

I've seen numerous trucks built, all with much later VINs than mine, which all have parts that should have gone into building my truck. RAM's answer to this issue: we don't have the parts for your truck, just keep waiting.

I'd rather have someone slap me in the face than sucker punch me from the back.
Mostly agree. I even said something to this affect a bunch of pages back, the thing Ram screwed the pooch on here really isn't anything else but the communication. Of which there is essentially none (or at least nothing remotely solid that gives anyone asking a decent idea of where their order is actually at, and why).

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what you get when you have a break off of a break off of a break off (ad nauseum) of a mega-corp. I wonder if "Ram chat" has barely anything to do with Ram as a brand, as it actually going through Stellantis (kinda like how a lot of online chat assistants are in some random call center somewhere completely removed from the operations of the company they work for), and Stellantis has almost no people "on the ground" to see what Ram itself is actually up to at its plants. Too many degrees of separation. Whereas like GM is GM, Ford is Ford, etc.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Mostly agree. I even said something to this affect a bunch of pages back, the thing Ram screwed the pooch on here really isn't anything else but the communication. Of which there is essentially none (or at least nothing remotely solid that gives anyone asking a decent idea of where their order is actually at, and why).

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what you get when you have a break off of a break off of a break off (ad nauseum) of a mega-corp. I wonder if "Ram chat" has barely anything to do with Ram as a brand, as it actually going through Stellantis (kinda like how a lot of online chat assistants are in some random call center somewhere completely removed from the operations of the company they work for), and Stellantis has almost no people "on the ground" to see what Ram itself is actually up to at its plants. Too many degrees of separation. Whereas like GM is GM, Ford is Ford, etc.
All good points. I'm chalking it up to the fact that Stellantis is based in Amsterdam, and those folks over there, I've heard, tend to enjoy themselves some recreational activities more than others. Maybe this is the true explanation for why this is such a clustertruck... Everyone at Stellantis is flying high and eating Flamin' Hot Cheetos, rather than doing their jobs. :rolleyes: 🤣

FRMSDTR

Reaction score
People who ordered RAM trucks in June were told it would be a year before theirs was built? I'd be surprised to hear that.

I mean, they already are undercutting them. A fully loaded 1794 is right around the same price as my modestly optioned Laramie. I chose RAM for a reason, but I do understand why people are looking to jump to another manufacturer right now.

And honestly, most of this is directed at the nonsense comment the Stellantis employee made about "whining" and "jumping to GM or Toyota." He's wrong.
I ordered in July and was told it could take anywhere from 10 - 12 weeks to RECEIVE. Not 17 plus weeks and counting to even get built.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All good points. I'm chalking it up to the fact that Stellantis is based in Amsterdam, and those folks over there, I've heard, tend to enjoy themselves some recreational activities more than others. Maybe this is the true explanation for why this is such a clustertruck... Everyone at Stellantis is flying high and eating Flamin' Hot Cheetos, rather than doing their jobs. :rolleyes: 🤣
"Heyyy man like...how many Ram trucks did we build yesterday?"

"Uhhh, like 12, I think..."

"Dude, you mean 12 hundred right?"

"Nah man...just 12...all with the 3.9L V7's"

"Bruh..."

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm originally from West Texas, so my mother tongue is West-Texan. But it's not terribly dissimilar from the accents here in Nashville, so I don't stand out.
But when I lived in Miami, I stuck out like a sore thumb.
Born and lived in Georgia all of my life. When someone guesses where I'm from, most of the time they guess Texas!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The way I look at all this is simply do I want my truck much later than I thought or not at all. Frankly, I want my truck as ordered. If that means it's December or January then I guess it is what it is. It seems clear that no amount of pressure is going to change things.
Yep, of the same thought! Bottom line is that none of the other brands checks all the boxes like RAM does so I'm just going to sit tight and try not to fret about it too much. All I ask is that the truck is built as ordered, even if I have to wait for months! Unlike my first order where they left off deal breaker options that were ordered. I would of gladly waited longer to get the correct build

Users who are viewing this thread