5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
Well it finally got to the dealership!

There was a train issue and almost 100 vehicles were damaged at the hub here. Mine escaped with no damage thankfully.

Now it is under a stop sale for some engine issue they tell me. VIN is locked even though they say mine was built before the part that is causing an issue. Anyone heard of this "stop sale on 22 hemi trucks"?

So it will sit for a few days more till it's sorted out, while I wait very impatiently!!!

----Also the exhaust sounds great. I was concerned from some of the clips it was gonna be a let down, not the case!

b69efeb0-9ec1-4816-903b-23576079e164 1.JPG

DTol

Reaction score
I saw that one BigDodge posted. I didn't know that was the same place they all pull from.

Honestly, people rarely look though all the stickies before they come and post. It will cut down some, but its hard to ever end.
At least they can all be referred to a source of information if the information is located on page one of the 2022 Ram 1500 Tracking thread.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now it is under a stop sale for some engine issue they tell me. VIN is locked even though they say mine was built before the part that is causing an issue. Anyone heard of this "stop sale on 22 hemi trucks"?
This is the first I'm hearing of this. I wonder if this is what's holding up a lot of the other trucks that haven't shipped yet.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing of this. I wonder if this is what's holding up a lot of the other trucks that haven't shipped yet.
Same here.

I ended up speaking with the CO owner I dealt with before, so I could get a straight story.

He said the information he got was they ran out of a part for the Hemi ( an internal engine component) and the replacement one is faulty. SO they put out a stop sale. Mine was produced before they started using the faulty part so it can be released apparently and he has requested the VIN be released but I have to wait till it is removed from the blanket list.

That was all he had. He wants the sale as bad as I want the truck but says he can't sell it with the blanket stop sale in place.

Not good news.....he said he is waiting for the new part for the others. And has no time frame on that.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram Chat does exactly what it is intended to do. That is report to you information about your order that is posted on the FCA order status sheet. Ram Chat cannot access any other information. Ram Chat has no power to change anything or influence anything. That is the reality of Ram Chat, and your dealer for that matter. Don't expect anything else. Less frustrating when you understand this.
Enough negative feedback to Ram Chat, dealers, social media, or whatever, and it definitely starts to influence things. It might not help all that much this time around, but they're definitely looking at this situation and how to improve their internal processes.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here.

I ended up speaking with the CO owner I dealt with before, so I could get a straight story.

He said the information he got was they ran out of a part for the Hemi ( an internal engine component) and it is faulty. SO they put out a stop sale. Mine was produced before they started using the part so it can be released apparently and he has requested the VIN be released but I have to wait till it is removed from the blanket list.

That was all he had. He wants the sale as bad as I want the truck but says he can't sell it with the blanket stop sale in place.

Not good news.....he said he is waiting for the part for the others. And has no time frame on that.

Oh boy…as if just getting the truck is extremely difficult in itself. Now it sits at the dealer for an engine issue.

Every time I say it can’t get worse….

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

kesta1986

Reaction score
Ram chat is almost useless. All they can tell me is that my truck is in the shipping stage. And that the delivery dates have changed from 10/29 to 11/6 now 11/1 to 11/6.
I’m glad you got a date! They just keep telling me no ETA. If yours is coming to MA too, you’d think they’d be on the same rail car.
You can add me to the list of Jeff-Bot email recipients…
Here’s to hoping both our trucks are here next week @MatthewMjr !

Attachments

• 20AFF1CC-2F80-4DD3-873B-F75A5E90909D.jpeg
    20AFF1CC-2F80-4DD3-873B-F75A5E90909D.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Hasti17

Reaction score

There was a train issue and almost 100 vehicles were damaged at the hub here. Mine escaped with no damage thankfully.

So it will sit for a few days more till it's sorted out, while I wait very impatiently!!!

----Also the exhaust sounds great. I was concerned from some of the clips it was gonna be a let down, not the case!

View attachment 109279
What hub are we referring to cause im more worried about the 100 vehicles that the rail companies ruined. Damage to a BRAND NEW truck is a total loss to many here.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Same here.

He said the information he got was they ran out of a part for the Hemi ( an internal engine component) and the replacement one is faulty. SO they put out a stop sale. Mine was produced before they started using the faulty part so it can be released apparently and he has requested the VIN be released but I have to wait till it is removed from the blanket list.

Not good news.....he said he is waiting for the new part for the others. And has no time frame on that.
can you find out if it is all Hemi's or just e-torque
maybe even a list of vin's

maybe even contact these people as they claim to be mopar insiders

DizzyDean13

Reaction score
I went to visit my truck here in ottawa Canada
And I’m in love
I hope you all get to feel this soon

they just need to add the tonneau cover, trailer brake controller and side steps and I’m on the road
Vin 153768

Attachments

• EB9DD9C8-FE2B-4576-8A8E-E78B5D45838E.jpeg
    EB9DD9C8-FE2B-4576-8A8E-E78B5D45838E.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 113
  • C92F7F7B-309E-4E26-8632-716274EB24B7.jpeg
    C92F7F7B-309E-4E26-8632-716274EB24B7.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 4ECD8D8A-2875-45E0-A2BE-C22F099B60E6.jpeg
    4ECD8D8A-2875-45E0-A2BE-C22F099B60E6.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 112
  • 54B2A47A-3165-44CA-B74D-6EA6D9F1D5BD.jpeg
    54B2A47A-3165-44CA-B74D-6EA6D9F1D5BD.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 115

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

did the railroad damage the vehicles or were they damaged on the train car (autorack)?
because if they were still in possession of the railroad, railroad insurance demands everything be destroyed.

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
So two weeks ago my order was in a holding pattern due to similar issues @Eighty had (12A package being dropped, etc). My dealer said it was all squared away and should be in rotation (whatever the hell that means). Mind you I was still in D status. I checked in today and the dealer claims "Production status literally being built as we speak". Of course my question back was "it went from D to JB?" They said the status has not officially moved, but it is no longer scheduled for production, it is in production.

Not sure what to think and firmly believe they're lying to me to in order for me to stop bugging them. I checked with Ram Chat and they show it still in D status.

So the wait continuous.

Users who are viewing this thread