5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Can we get a number of backcountries built? Last time it was 94 at 35k total. I bet that's the lowest special edition being built right now for something they have shown off at auto shows and online for 2022.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can we get a number of backcountries built? Last time it was 94 at 35k total. I bet that's the lowest special edition being built right now for something they have shown off at auto shows and online for 2022.
I'm still collecting today's build sheets, but I see 172 of them now.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Wild, out of 40k builds. Bet like 10 have air suspension. Is there a lack of interest in the package? Can't see any parts on the backcountry that would limit production when they are putting the same stuff on limiteds and rebels.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good question. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe the build sheets are generated (internally) when the vehicle BEGINS production. We typically see it posted the following business day, which usually coincides with the vehicle having been partially (or completely) produced. Then it goes to the body vendor, if necessary.
That would make sense and would explain why my BS includes everything as I ordered it. Under your scenario, I still cannot rely on the BS to represent what is ACTUALLY put on my truck, correct? I guess I have to wait on WS to really put my mind at ease.

To further support your answer. Arron told me my "Ship"/Start of assembly date is 10/28. So hopefully it will come off the line tomorrow!

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...less than 200 of them built? Now I know why it's not a priority build for those like me that placed an order, then canceled due to not getting status update.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would make sense and would explain why my BS includes everything as I ordered it. Under your scenario, I still cannot rely on the BS to represent what is ACTUALLY put on my truck, correct? I guess I have to wait on WS to really put my mind at ease.
You're a Mark Dodger like me, right? You gotta share the details of your commute after you pick up. I'm in Birmingham and there are a few different return routes for me. Congrats man.

FWIW, my impression is that the BS is suppose to be accurate but lord, who knows. If they substituted something in a package, you've gotta figure the WS is still gonna show the package one way or the other. The BS should have the facts, in relative detail.

Vakali72

Reaction score
I asked Ram Chat to escalate my case, we will see if there is some magic to that to get me out of D status

After multiple chats over the weeks/months with Ram Chat with the same gathering parts response, today instead of ending chat I asked if there was anymore info they could give and she asked I wanted to escalate my order so I said sure. I guess we'll see where this will get us.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're a Mark Dodger like me, right? You gotta share the details of your commute after you pick up. I'm in Birmingham and there are a few different return routes for me. Congrats man.

FWIW, my impression is that the BS is suppose to be accurate but lord, who knows. If they substituted something in a package, you've gotta figure the WS is still gonna show the package one way or the other. The BS should have the facts, in relative detail.
Well so far everything I ordered is shown on the BS. So we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Yep, Mark Dodge also. Planning to drive my trade-in from Atlanta, 667 miles we will go through Birmingham on 20 to Meridan, then head south to Slidel then head west to MD. On the way back we will head north to Brandon MS to visit my Wife's family. We may reverse that route depending on timing. We're heading out there for Thanksgiving anyway so hopefully we can combine the trips.

scottlieb

Reaction score
1299 Build Sheets found today. 5 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @GeorgiaBoy, @chexp77w, @scottlieb, @cavensprawl, @Crash55!

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112499 @GeorgiaBoyXLouisianaGraniteLimited
142811 @chexp77wXIllinoisDelmonicoLimited
147725 @scottliebXLouisianaWhiteLimited
172470 @cavensprawlXPennsylvaniaBlackRebel
177578 @Crash55XNew YorkPatriotLimited

Awesome news! Thanks to you and Eighty for all you do!

Fwiw, Sandi @ MD told me 14-16 weeks from SOP... its looking like it'll be less than 12 assuming the truck makes it to Lake Charles by Thanksgiving. Doesn't explain why higher vins came first (and sorry to the many of you who are much lower than me) but if I ignore the knowledge obtained from this forum, my timing expectations were met. Certainly would not have been if I ordered locally, where the dealer told me my July order would arrive mid September.

I do recommend that anyone with lower VINs and similar options to whats getting produced escalate with Ramchat and ask your dealer to reach out to their executive contacts. Can't say for sure that it what got things moving for me but D1 came right after I did both.

Another shout out to Sandi at MD for doing what she could to get my request to add MFT confirmed after I was already D status, and it is on my BS.

Scott

deanno33

Reaction score
To everyone that has an "escalated" response from Ram chat, it is pointless. My case was escalated 3 weeks ago and still no change or response from anyone.
Mine was escalated about 6 weeks ago. Zero contact other than the email from Cara. Others had Jeff. All the same. It is just them trying to make you feel a little better, in hopes the issue works itself out in the meantime. For most of us, the issue didn't work itself out (aka order movement) so it became obvious the escalation was just an email.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
I think we’ve reached a turning point….. the flood gates are about to open !! ( thinking positive for y’all)

picked it up today….. ordered 5/15, delivered in my hands today.

Gotta say, this feels more solid than my 2019 Limited. And the HUD and wireless CarPlay in full screen are amazing, CarPlay is also fully integrated into the HUD and center screen as well during directions. if anyone needs some specific pics to hold them over just let me know… 😉
awesome truck!

DTol

Reaction score
Mine was escalated about 6 weeks ago. Zero contact other than the email from Cara. Others had Jeff. All the same. It is just them trying to make you feel a little better, in hopes the issue works itself out in the meantime. For most of us, the issue didn't work itself out (aka order movement) so it became obvious the escalation was just an email.
Just another meaningless thing they do to manage your anxiety and anticipation and to keep you from bothering the dealers. Estimated ship dates and estimated build dates are in the same category.

RamGram

Reaction score
To everyone that has an "escalated" response from Ram chat, it is pointless. My case was escalated 3 weeks ago and still no change or response from anyone.
Maybe you need to talk to Eighty, he had to make changes to his Rebel package he ordered, might be what is holding yours up!

Itsslow98

Reaction score
They simply aren't building many backcountries for some reason and I'd like to know why.

Scott_R

Reaction score
After multiple chats over the weeks/months with Ram Chat with the same gathering parts response, today instead of ending chat I asked if there was anymore info they could give and she asked I wanted to escalate my order so I said sure. I guess we'll see where this will get us.
You have reached page 38 in the Choose your Adventure script. Turn to page 92 if you plan to be angry. Turn to page 34 if you plan to write a nice email.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Awesome news! Thanks to you and Eighty for all you do!

Fwiw, Sandi @ MD told me 14-16 weeks from SOP... its looking like it'll be less than 12 assuming the truck makes it to Lake Charles by Thanksgiving. Doesn't explain why higher vins came first (and sorry to the many of you who are much lower than me) but if I ignore the knowledge obtained from this forum, my timing expectations were met. Certainly would not have been if I ordered locally, where the dealer told me my July order would arrive mid September.

I do recommend that anyone with lower VINs and similar options to whats getting produced escalate with Ramchat and ask your dealer to reach out to their executive contacts. Can't say for sure that it what got things moving for me but D1 came right after I did both.

Another shout out to Sandi at MD for doing what she could to get my request to add MFT confirmed after I was already D status, and it is on my BS.

Scott
Same as the rest. When you ask RamChat to escalate you just get a generic email that says the same thing Chat tells you with the "guarantee your build is being prioritized" I replied back asking for information on exactly what they are waiting for to complete my build since I have seen all my options installed on higher VIN's than mine. That was probably 2 weeks ago and zero reply. I imagine it is that they can build 2 trucks for my 1 with my options. I just want to hear them say it and I will back off. But it's easier to not ever respond.

Side note: I asked my dealership exactly the same question with zero response. I assume corporate is also not informing them.

Users who are viewing this thread