5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have seen a few post stating they are building higher trim levels first! is this really true? and where are the facts coming from?

Facts we have:

we do know right now, is that ram doesn’t have an specific order to building orders. So where you at in line doesn’t matter to them.

Some higher trim models are getting built first….again it comes down to options. Fo4 example, they would more likely build a limited with a pano roof, than one with a rambox. The more you spend, the higher chance it will get build faster.

Lower trim models being produced are trims that don’t have any options, and skipping features like 12” screen, technology package, pano roof, rambox, security features like blind spot monitoring. So basically they are quick builds.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well they sure aren't in any hurry to build my higher trim level!!
Mine either man. And while I know many Limiteds after ours have been built, a lot of them look like they are Night Editions, some have LL1 and many don't even have that.

I was afraid mine would take a while essentially having it all minus surround tow camera and the sunroof, but watching production is a bruiser for sure.

DTol

Reaction score
Exactly. People understand that dealers need inventory. No problem. People also accept that exact VIN order isn't how trucks get built. No problem. However seeing sold orders 50k, 60k and 70k higher than ours....really? Everything needed for my order is going into 170xxx or higher VIN Limited sold orders. Sorry but that makes a customer feel like they're getting a big FU from Ram. Oh...and zero information on why or potential timing.
It isn't just the wait time from D to D1 or to get a build sheet. Mine was ordered and received a Vin on May 27th. I received a build sheet on Aug 20th and it is stuck in storage after a month in I status and weeks in JB status and now 2 weeks in JS status. I called customer care and they said that it is waiting only on a shipping schedule and nothing else. She said it is common to see 1 to 2 weeks in JS and 1 to 4 weeks in KZ status before a window sticker is issued and the order is shipped. This means that I might not see my truck until December after it was built on August 20th. Mine is not the only horror story here.

Last edited:

RamCanuck

Reaction score
they have to honour the deal I made for the '21 I originally ordered. if they try any funny business i will walk away....maybe throw a grenade over my shoulder as i do.
I would contact FCA Canada if that would ever happen.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
I've seen rebels with more options and a higher vin get a window sticker before me. I have no BUG no spray in bed liner (getting done at dealer) no CAI. Only thing would be the running boards.
I'm wondering if the paint protection film is done at the body vendor as well?

Ramontario21

Reaction score
after 10 + months of waiting , I just received this email from my dealer.:

I have good news!! Even before we could talk with our rep your truck has went into D1 status with an estimated ship date of 2021-10-29.

I will keep an eye on it and as soon as it leaves the factory I will let you know.

Have a great weekend and we will talk soon.
Should it not show a build sheet on the tracker for you???

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Should it not show a build sheet on the tracker for you???
i don't know. though I am a bit suspicious. that this is just a lie to shut me up for awhile at least. the local ford dealer has a F150 Tremor in the colour i like . I would definitely save money and get way more for my trade. so they have until Nov.5th.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Okay, so I know that not much happens on the weekend, however as typed earlier, I know how these CRM tracking BI engines work. It may not have any impact, however I intend to check status daily. (I also know that Chat is in part AI supported.)

Getting to my question/observation, I see that the chat button is inactive this morning. Anyone else experience this? Is this a regular occurrence on Sunday?

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Okay, so I know that not much happens on the weekend, however as typed earlier, I know how these CRM tracking BI engines work. It may not have any impact, however I intend to check status daily. (I also know that Chat is in part AI supported.)

Getting to my question/observation, I see that the chat button is inactive this morning. Anyone else experience this? Is this a regular occurrence on Sunday?
Closed Sundays. The operating hours were listed on the same page as the Chat button last time I checked .

Scott_R

Reaction score

Mflat86

Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply tonight guys, Took the family and friends to some haunted houses and corn maze. Everyone had a blast!

I always have a laptop with me but this place was in the middle of nowhere and none of my phones or hotspots would get a signal to run the scans, just had to wait till we got home.

2 more members with trucks being released this evening. (y)(y)

VINBSWSSTATECOLOR
102784 @Mflat86XXColoradoGranite
112014 @HozayMXXNorth CarolinaPatriot
Thank you!!!!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Facts we have:

Lower trim models being produced are trims that don’t have any options, and skipping features like 12” screen, technology package, pano roof, rambox, security features like blind spot monitoring. So basically they are quick builds.
my build has lower trim and no 12 inch screen and yet I sit like the rest of the unbuilt.

so that thinking is not true either.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked with my dealer, went D1 last Saturday and POC shows 10/22 ship date. So we'll see what happens this week.

DTol

Reaction score
it is starting to look like "ship date" is when it is built
we shall see monday morning when friday, sat and sunday build sheets are posted.
Ship dates and build dates are nothing more than a device to manage your anticipation and anxiety. Just a way to satisfy you for a bit and keep you quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread