5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

scottlieb

Reaction score
Fyi-

Went to D1 today. 7/26 order (MD), vin a few days later (147725)

Did "escalate" with Ramchat last week, did get robo email from "Jeff" .. doubt that had any effect.

Did reach out to Sandi with my frustrations (later VINs with similar options getting built) and she had her sales manager send some emails, including a follow up this morning.

"Ship" date 10/25 but even as Sandi said, generally thats actually a build date.

Fwiw, its a limited with night and ramboxes.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fyi-

Did "escalate" with Ramchat last week, did get robo email from "Jeff" .. doubt that had any effect.

Did reach out to Sandi with my frustrations (later VINs with similar options getting built) and she had her sales manager send some emails, including a follow up this morning.

"Ship" date 10/25 but even as Sandi said, generally thats actually a build date.

I know Aaron is aware of the forums and I get the impression he glances at the tracker himself. I really do believe he goes to bat for all of us. Glad to hear yours is making progress!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know Aaron is aware of the forums and I get the impression he glances at the tracker himself. I really do believe he goes to bat for all of us. Glad to hear yours is making progress!
He knows about the forum and the tracking but he didn't say whether he looked or not. He told me that Stellantis dings a dealer pretty hard if a "sold" order is cancelled (especially if a bunch are) so he was doing everything possible to move the orders along. He also said there is a process and plan in the manufacturing process but there are SO many variables in play that it's nearly impossible to predict the sequence. I understand all of that but it's still frustrating! Still the best auto sales person I've ever worked with!

Hasti17

Reaction score
I never locked in pricing with my salesman. He told me we have to wait until thw truck comes in. He only showed me msrp pricing during order process. He mentioned msrp for my edited order is $65,000
yea. thats so if the price goes up you cant hold him to the original POC

Hasti17

Reaction score
Fyi-

i did the ram chat thing and the day the robo email came i went d1, several others are reporting d1 and an "escalated case" i don't think its fair to assume that didn't play a role. i think B*tching With manners is actually helping because i have not seen this many people all say "complained to Ram chat, case was escalated, and now im D1"

Fair to say if ram has a large bunch of orders Complaining at once, they might actually look to defuse the issue and push them through, before the bad taste diffuses any further into the customer base.

Nuzmann

Reaction score
Dumb question...where is the link to the 2022 order tracker document on this forum? Looking back at previous posts trying to find it but im sure im just blind.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question...where is the link to the 2022 order tracker document on this forum? Looking back at previous posts trying to find it but im sure im just blind.

Nuzmann

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!

DTol

Reaction score
Fyi-

Actually it's a nothing date. estimated ship dates and estimated build dates are just put on the POCs by the dealer to manage the anticipation, anxiety and frustration of the buyer. Keep you happy for a while and out of their hair. The only thing that means anything is the build sheet and the window sticker. And there is no way to predict either one.

DTol

Reaction score
i did the ram chat thing and the day the robo email came i went d1, several others are reporting d1 and an "escalated case" i don't think its fair to assume that didn't play a role. i think B*tching With manners is actually helping because i have not seen this many people all say "complained to Ram chat, case was escalated, and now im D1"

Fair to say if ram has a large bunch of orders Complaining at once, they might actually look to defuse the issue and push them through, before the bad taste diffuses any further into the customer base.
Ram Chat does one thing and only one thing and that is to access the status sheet for your vin and give you some canned responses based on what it says. They are a bunch of people in cubicles with computers doing the chat thing. They have zero, zip, nadda power to change anything. Pretty much the same with your dealer after the order is submitted. The sum total of your dealer's access to information about your order is to access the FCA status sheet.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Ram Chat does one thing and only one thing and that is to access the status sheet for your vin and give you some canned responses based on what it says. They are a bunch of people in cubicles with computers doing the chat thing. They have zero, zip, nadda power to change anything. Pretty much the same with your dealer after the order is submitted. The sum total of your dealer's access to information about your order is to access the FCA status sheet.
I recognize the platform. Ram Chat is using Force.com (aka: Salesforce.com) they have a case management engine called "Einstein" that uses AI and scripted response. If you follow the script on your side as well, it is basically a chat interface to the FCA sheet. Personally, I'd rather access by API or web portal, however they seem to want to have this limited. (My guess... They do not want Ford, GMC, or others to just scrape the data.)

That said, since I know it is a bot supported chat, I will have zero hesitation to ask every single morning for my status.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, according to my dealer right now, 14 days after getting on the train, my truck is in Texas. He believes they’re adding options that weren’t available at the factory. Could be the tonneau cover? Spray in bed liner? Side steps? Who knows! But no ETA to CA at this point. So, keep in mind, that just be caused it shipped, doesn’t mean it won’t just go somewhere else for awhile. Boo.
Spoke with Ram Chat today and now I have an ETA to the dealership of 10/24-11/3. Not sure how much total time the truck will have been sitting in Texas for some reason, but all together that'll be about 4 weeks of transit. That is, of course, that date range proves to be true. Though just two days ago they said they didn't have an ETA at all, so I'm hopeful that means the dates are real and not just made up or else they would have just made up dates two days ago when I asked. We'll see!

jaws80

Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer and he resent my POC and said that the truck will be built exactly like this. Still stated Rebel 12a and Rebel Level 2, not the new codes. Still in D status. 2 things were missing from this POC compared to my original which were the remote start and the 12" display, I assume these are included in the other packages I ordered but am confirming this.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spoke with Ram Chat today and now I have an ETA to the dealership of 10/24-11/3. Not sure how much total time the truck will have been sitting in Texas for some reason, but all together that'll be about 4 weeks of transit. That is, of course, that date range proves to be true. Though just two days ago they said they didn't have an ETA at all, so I'm hopeful that means the dates are real and not just made up or else they would have just made up dates two days ago when I asked. We'll see!
4 weeks isn't too bad, mine transit time looks to be about the same.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So right now...those that are getting trucks ( who is going to start that 2022 ram picture thread...lol) it takes about 4 weeks from after you get your window sticker ?

Just trying to figure out my situation. At this point, it looks like early december for me, if my truck makes it to D1 at some point next week ( which I really don't have a clue).

I would have never guessed that I place my truck order in June, and not under stand that I won't have anything until the end of the year. If I knew that, I would have never traded in my 2020 laramie.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

DTol

Reaction score
I recognize the platform. Ram Chat is using Force.com (aka: Salesforce.com) they have a case management engine called "Einstein" that uses AI and scripted response. If you follow the script on your side as well, it is basically a chat interface to the FCA sheet. Personally, I'd rather access by API or web portal, however they seem to want to have this limited. (My guess... They do not want Ford, GMC, or others to just scrape the data.)

That said, since I know it is a bot supported chat, I will have zero hesitation to ask every single morning for my status.
Not saying you can't get up to date status changes. Just saying they can't change anyone's status or influence build timing.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So right now...those that are getting trucks ( who is going to start that 2022 ram picture thread...lol) it takes about 4 weeks from after you get your window sticker ?

Just trying to figure out my situation. At this point, it looks like early december for me, if my truck makes it to D1 at some point next week ( which I really don't have a clue).

I would have never guessed that I place my truck order in June, and not under stand that I won't have anything until the end of the year. If I knew that, I would have never traded in my 2020 laramie.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'll definitely start it when I get my truck is there isn't already one by then.

And was there not an option for you to get a locked in trade value?

nloftman92

Reaction score
Anyone here have to modify/edit/reorder their order and if so was there a new vin assigned?

Users who are viewing this thread