5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Update from yestersay. Yesterday after being told i cant have certain options in my june order, we were forced to rebuild/edit my order and we could not select ramboxes with the big horn. I asked my salesman to try with a larmie and we did today and it seems to have accepeted the rebuild/edit with the ramboxes. Could just be a glitch and i will stay in D forever again or maybe they are only allowing it on certain trims. I guess only time will tell. My salesman came in on his day off today to take care of that for me and is off until tuesday. I assume i will get a new vin and will see. He did mention they will do what they can to get it priortized. And 2 months ago i seriously changing my order to a larmie anyway. Fingers crossed.
Are they going to price protect you? Or, will the new build come with a new price?

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Yes I completely understand….. but if it’s a wiring harness or a clip or any pc. We can’t do anything. What do you do with the answer is my question? Logical thinking is how I’m wired I’m sorry maybe that’s why I’m an avionics engineer. I can only think about what I can change.. idk maybe I’m overall frustrated with the wait and just implying my frustration into your post. We are all helpless at this point. It’s either wait for @Eighty to call our number or cancel order. There are zero alternatives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he was curious and it was a legit question. What does it matter to you?

nloftman92

Reaction score
Are they going to price protect you? Or, will the new build come with a new price?
I never locked in pricing with my salesman. He told me we have to wait until thw truck comes in. He only showed me msrp pricing during order process. He mentioned msrp for my edited order is $65,000

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
So I couldn't deal with Ram Chats generic answers so I called Mopar. I wanted to actually speak to someone. Actually the most info I got in months. Yes the truck in escalated and prioritized. The truck sits in D1 right now waiting for mirrors and something else in the Big Horn Level 2 package but she didn't understand the code. Taking it with a grain of salt but at the least it was somewhat satisfying having a person look into the my emails and specifics. I guess now I won't bother them for a couple days. hahah

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah man, I don't know that it was necessarily out of the kindness of their corporate hearts but it did seem like Ram was trying to hold off on jacking up prices like a lot of other manufacturers have already done but I guess time's up!

Edit: one of the big @$$ kickers seems to be Level 1 (lots of tech, i.e. lots of chips). It's almost $4,200! I seem to recall that package being less than $3K before.
It was. On my POC its $2,145 and the Tech Group is $1,095. After they combined the two I think it was like $2,995 or something like that. The MSRP on the Longhorn Level 1 on that Longhorn Mark Dodge has coming is over 6k!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 11.33.58.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 11.33.58.png
    37 KB · Views: 26

Scott_R

Reaction score
I never locked in pricing with my salesman. He told me we have to wait until thw truck comes in. He only showed me msrp pricing during order process. He mentioned msrp for my edited order is $65,000
Mixed blessing then... You may see a quicker delivery, at the higher price.

Just curious, are you going to lock this on in with a deposit?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was. On my POC its $2,145 and the Tech Group is $1,095. After they combined the two I think it was like $2,995 or something like that. The MSRP on the Longhorn Level 1 on that Longhorn Mark Dodge has coming is over 6k!

Well, remember this is a 2500 I'm talking about, so I know the packages and their prices aren't consistent. But for sure, per your own example, everything went up, apparently even MORE on the 2500's than on the 1500's. Again, same build (2500), night edition went up $100-$200, Safety Group went up several hundred, even the dang tonneau cover is $100 more lol. What a mess.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah....most of us with the super early orders didn't have that information back in may/June. Once some of the information came out in July, then we received official msrp pricing. Because that's all they have.

Folks that say "I would never order without pricing" haven't tried to order at the begining of the model year. Pricing would change, options are changed, and packages change, that's why pricing wouldn't be available. Best they can do is give you last year pricing.

Once it gets delivered, then you can negotiate that price. Heck, even if you do get pricing when ordering, you can still negotiate at any time, until you physically get the keys to the truck and sign on the dotted line.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

nloftman92

Reaction score
Mixed blessing then... You may see a quicker delivery, at the higher price.

Just curious, are you going to lock this on in with a deposit?
Thats the way i am looking at it. About 2 months ago during this wait i seriously considered changing to a larmie anyway. Felt like it was more bang for my buck after seeing the price differnce between my original order and the one i had in mind to change to. However, I am hoping that the edoted order actually goed through and does not get held up with the ramboxes again.

On my original order i put $500. I assume it transfers over.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
Maybe the spray in bed liner? Would have gladly waited longer to keep those power mirrors. Window sticker shows Level B is $2930 as opposed to Level 2 at $3000. $70 less to lose my power mirrors is :poop:!
Liner is going in after it arrives at dealer.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Maybe he was curious and it was a legit question. What does it matter to you?

I made a half *** apology I know. But to install rambox there are most likely about 300 pc including nuts and bolts to make the change from a regular rear fender to a rambox fender. It’s an impossible question to answer!! But I do sincerely apologize if I ruffled anyone’s feelings

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I couldn't deal with Ram Chats generic answers so I called Mopar. I wanted to actually speak to someone. Actually the most info I got in months. Yes the truck in escalated and prioritized. The truck sits in D1 right now waiting for mirrors and something else in the Big Horn Level 2 package but she didn't understand the code. Taking it with a grain of salt but at the least it was somewhat satisfying having a person look into the my emails and specifics. I guess now I won't bother them for a couple days. hahah
I just had a scare doing that. I called Mopar and gave them the last 8 of my VIN and it pulled up a completely different vehicle. Then I gave them my VON and and they said there was no order. They tried the whole VIN and nothing pulled up at all. So then they tell me my order was not right and call the dealership. So I talked to Aaron and he put me at ease that my order is submitted and fine.

I can't handle too many more heart palpitations :p. He did say that they have a ton of sold orders and in the past week or so they've seen a lot of those orders get movement through the build process.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the heck of it, I went to build a '21 Limited and Ramboxes are not available to order. Also, the electronic locking axle is now $545, I thought it was always cheaper than the limited slip option. Definitely something going on with ramboxes, and of course its on my truck. I'm in D1, so we'll see what happens. I also had the ASG, will be interesting to see what makes it into my truck. If its missing some key things that I wanted, I may have a pile of stuff to sell and going a different route.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@KWKSLVR... You aren't going to like this, but go ahead and click on the red X for the first VIN.
Upon closer inspections of that order's build sheet vs my order, it's missing the Trailer Tow Group. It IS very similar though other than that (and different exterior color).

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I got a surprise message from our friend Jeff:
This is a courtesy email update regarding your Ram 1500 factory order status.

Good news! I show all the parts necessary to begin building your order have been scheduled or gathered and your order has been sequenced for production.
I estimate your order should begin the production process soon based on available production and scheduling capacity.

I will continue to monitor your order for additional production updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you as they become available.

So confirming D1 again and still contact my dealer for updates. I'm surprised I got any updates.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Definetly nice to get a specific update but without having all the stuff I'd imagine you are not in D1 but rather D.

This sucks because I also have a big horn ordered with level 2 and the black painted mirrors.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
We're here to discuss our orders. I learned here RamBox could be a hold up. How do you know someone doesn't have an answer to my questions or any other questions that are asked?

I apologize again. And just a heads up if you do have Rambox. My other truck turned over into D1 status. Well at least what the dealers says. I’m waiting for the forum to some how confirm. So ramboxes aren’t the hold up I guess anymore

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had a scare doing that. I called Mopar and gave them the last 8 of my VIN and it pulled up a completely different vehicle. Then I gave them my VON and and they said there was no order. They tried the whole VIN and nothing pulled up at all. So then they tell me my order was not right and call the dealership. So I talked to Aaron and he put me at ease that my order is submitted and fine.

I can't handle too many more heart palpitations :p. He did say that they have a ton of sold orders and in the past week or so they've seen a lot of those orders get movement through the build process.
He told me that MD is the second largest "sold" order dealer. Didn't say who was #1.

v65

Reaction score
2 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Moondogger, @v65

VINBSWSSTATECOLOR
150846 @MoondoggerXCaliforniaGranite
171539 @v65XNorth DakotaPatriot
Thanks Triple_B for all the time and effort going in to tracking the truck builds. Just contacted Ram Chat, truck is on it's way to put the accessories on. Build sheet is exactly as ordered.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He told me that MD is the second largest "sold" order dealer. Didn't say who was #1.
If I remember correctly, Aaron said they currently have something like 12 pages of sold orders and each page has 50 vins on it and roughly half of those pages have movement on them.

Users who are viewing this thread