5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

chris288

Reaction score
ive only been waiting 7 weeks, but i too am a bit upset that a Rebel with same options as mine with a 180s vin was built before my 168 vin... you guys with much lower vins waiting 6 months must be saints...

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Prices on models do continue to move.

44,235 - base price of bighorn when I ordered on 7/9
44,900 - base price on 8/17
45,400 - base price on POC today

$1,165 increase in bighorn base price in 14 weeks (based on POCs).

Then bright spot I guess is that the 8.4 Nav went down $600 on the POC I received today. $1395 to $795.
No doubt, but the best guess I can make is that the spread between my $72,980 MSRP and that Longhorn shouldn't be $6355, even with those gaudy and expensive 22" wheels.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ive only been waiting 7 weeks, but i too am a bit upset that a Rebel with same options as mine with a 180s vin was built before my 168 vin... you guys with much lower vins waiting 6 months must be saints...
It helps reflecting on the fact that many of us ordered before production started. It's no fun, but it's hard to pretend like that time really counts if they aren't even making the things. I just can't believe I'm still seeing 2021's online with some "In Transient" and others "Being Built". I mean, that's freaking wild.

Donald22

Reaction score
So I checked in with Ram Chat today because I had a few minutes to spare. I got Maurice and found out early on in the chat that this wasn't going to be a productive conversation. Thought I'd share it with you to add to everyone's frustrations. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Chat.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 17

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
My truck looks to have gone up by $2470 from my original POC. I figured the price would go up. Not sure what the bottom line will be as my dealer will not talk pricing until the truck is on the way.

DTol

Reaction score
My truck looks to have gone up by $2470 from my original POC. I figured the price would go up. Not sure what the bottom line will be as my dealer will not talk pricing until the truck is on the way.
My dealer said yesterday, for the fifth time, that the price on my original POC and the quote is price protected until the day of sale. Built but stuck waiting in storage.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, man I hope they don't hose you too badly 😢

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Wow, man I hope they don't hose you too badly 😢
Thanks. I am not sure if the original POC is price protected or not. I will find out more when we have a ship date. Not to much I can do as I want and need the truck. Just means I may need to put more down?

nloftman92

Reaction score
Update from yestersay. Yesterday when we tried to rebuild/edit my order we could not select ramboxes with the big horn. I asked my salesman to try with a larmie and we did today and it seems to have accepeted the rebuild/edit with the ramboxes. Could just be a glitch and i will stay in D forever again or maybe they are only allowing it on certain trims. I guess only time will tell. My salesman came in on his day off today to take care of that for me and is off until tuesday. I assume i will get a new vin and will see. He did mention they will do what they can to geg it prioritized

Mexd781

Reaction score
My dealer said yesterday, for the fifth time, that the price on my original POC and the quote is price protected until the day of sale. Built but stuck waiting in storage.
I haven't wanted to ask mine. The POC price is 7% under invoice, so with all the affiliate stuff going on, I have been scared to ask if that is still good. He hasn't mentioned a price increase to me either, so I am taking that as good. If they try some funny busy when the truck comes in, I'll just abandon ship

Hasti17

Reaction score
It helps reflecting on the fact that many of us ordered before production started. It's no fun, but it's hard to pretend like that time really counts if they aren't even making the things. I just can't believe I'm still seeing 2021's online with some "In Transient" and others "Being Built". I mean, that's freaking wild.
I didn't realize they stored the 2021s IN transients, i mean it must save a lot of room on railcars. Someone should tell folks That riding the rails these days comes with some added burden.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't realize they stored the 2021s IN transients, i mean it must save a lot of room on railcars. Someone should tell folks That riding the rails these days comes with some added burden.
🤣 I'm so NOT correcting that spelling error either. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

milrad

Reaction score
So I have a new theory with no real evidence to back things up. I was scrolling through what is incoming at Mark Dodge and I stumbled on this Limited Longhorn. https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+...ONGHORN+CREW+CAB+4X4+57+BOX-1C6SRFKT0NN137496

I've reached out for a price and I have not heard back yet. BUT, here's what's interesting to me. If you build it out online it's MSRP is around 75K. On the window sticker, the MSRP is around 79K. We all know that there have been price increases, but if that truck is marked up from the factory to the tune of an additional 4K then I think the reality is that all of us with lower VINS are not being produced right now because every one of those lower VINS that is built and invoiced to a dealership is invoiced at a loss.

This truck is pretty damn close to my spec, and ~18,000 VINs later. :mad:

The window sticker price of the Level 1 equipment group has gone up substantially, even considering the ASG and tech group inclusions.

nloftman92

Reaction score
Update from yestersay. Yesterday after being told i cant have certain options in my june order, we were forced to rebuild/edit my order and we could not select ramboxes with the big horn. I asked my salesman to try with a larmie and we did today and it seems to have accepeted the rebuild/edit with the ramboxes. Could just be a glitch and i will stay in D forever again or maybe they are only allowing it on certain trims. I guess only time will tell. My salesman came in on his day off today to take care of that for me and is off until tuesday. I assume i will get a new vin and will see. He did mention they will do what they can to get it priortized. And 2 months ago i seriously changing my order to a larmie anyway. Fingers crossed.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
We're here to discuss our orders. I learned here RamBox could be a hold up. How do you know someone doesn't have an answer to my questions or any other questions that are asked?

Yes I completely understand….. but if it’s a wiring harness or a clip or any pc. We can’t do anything. What do you do with the answer is my question? Logical thinking is how I’m wired I’m sorry maybe that’s why I’m an avionics engineer. I can only think about what I can change.. idk maybe I’m overall frustrated with the wait and just implying my frustration into your post. We are all helpless at this point. It’s either wait for @Eighty to call our number or cancel order. There are zero alternatives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just in the past few days the Build & Price MSPR's have gone up across the board.

They very recently added the 2022 B&P for the 2500 so I was playing around with that for the heck of it. A (near) fully loaded Limited Megacab is just under 82 GRAND! And that's with the Hemi! Hurrrr.

I recall doing a B&P on a 2021 2500 back in July when I was shopping and the rough equivalent config was like 76-77 grand.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just in the past few days the Build & Price MSPR's have gone up across the board.

They very recently added the 2022 B&P for the 2500 so I was playing around with that for the heck of it. A (near) fully loaded Limited Megacab is just under 82 GRAND! And that's with the Hemi! Hurrrr.

I recall doing a B&P on a 2021 2500 back in July when I was shopping and the rough equivalent config was like 76-77 grand.
Wow, it's like they're marking up MSRP by 5K outta the gate so the dealers don't have to. Imagine the sales pitch, "Ford, GM and Toyota are marking up above MSRP but not us at Ram!!!!!!!!!".

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, it's like they're marking up MSRP by 5K outta the gate so the dealers don't have to. Imagine the sales pitch, "Ford, GM and Toyota are marking up above MSRP but not us at Ram!!!!!!!!!".
Yeah man, I don't know that it was necessarily out of the kindness of their corporate hearts but it did seem like Ram was trying to hold off on jacking up prices like a lot of other manufacturers have already done but I guess time's up!

Edit: one of the big @$$ kickers seems to be Level 1 (lots of tech, i.e. lots of chips). It's almost $4,200! I seem to recall that package being less than $3K before.

Users who are viewing this thread