5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Scott_R

Reaction score
You forgot the "@" symbol to tag
They replied to me earlier...

Panzar07

Reaction score
Sorry I’ve been out in the field all day, just catching up.
out of about 30,000 build sheets, I’m seeing 2,420 with Ramboxes. Including about 20 that were published today.
Maybe that's my hold up. 7/10 order with ramboxes and sunroof. My dealer told me today that those 2 options are causing problems. Who knows

n00ber

Reaction score
Sorry I’ve been out in the field all day, just catching up.
out of about 30,000 build sheets, I’m seeing 2,420 with Ramboxes. Including about 20 that were published today.
No need to apologize, figured I would tag you for later.

Mr_662

Reaction score
Quick question for the group. Has anyone ordered a truck with Ramboxes and had it built? I have not seen any and was just wanted to check
Yes I ordered Ramboxes and it's been built, now just stuck in inspection since 9/17.........

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe that's my hold up. 7/10 order with ramboxes and sunroof. My dealer told me today that those 2 options are causing problems. Who knows
There's a lot of inconsistent info flying around but I have heard from my dealer, my cousin (mechanic), his daughter Ashley's BF (engineer and truck enthusiast), and from some dealers that post on YouTube that the Ramboxes are definitely an issue.

No one knows exactly why though. Austin (Ashley's BF) thinks it might be a combination of the rubber seals, and the components needed for the power outlet.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well then I'm screw with my back country. I ordered it with both rambox and pano roof.

c24c3c7b1475d8dc29ca68c6ebad294e.gif

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Panzar07

Reaction score
There's a lot of inconsistent info flying around but I have heard from my dealer, my cousin (mechanic), his daughter Ashley's BF (engineer and truck enthusiast), and from some dealers that post on YouTube that the Ramboxes are definitely an issue.

No one knows exactly why though. Austin (Ashley's BF) thinks it might be a combination of the rubber seals, and the components needed for the power outlet.
I've had 4 trucks in a row with ramboxes and no way could I give those up. Such a bummer to hear that could be an issue.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I have the pano and mine went D1 after getting a canned email from ram cares like many have reported. Ramboxes arent very common but only 2500 trucks on 30k trucks seems like a comparatively low sample, ~10%
so its entirely possible they dont have the components for them.

BladeK

Reaction score
Well I'm screwed also. I have never had ramboxes and was dieing to try them out. If it's the night edition im screwed there to. If it's pano roof screwed again. I'm beginning to think it's a loss cause.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
I am starting to think maybe it’s time to walk away from ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'd be an easy decision if you could could trucks from other manufacturers but no one has good inventory so it'd be settling for me. With that said, I traded my 14 ram in about a month ago. The longer I go without one the more I'm finding I don't absolutely 100% need a truck, so there is that.

nloftman92

Reaction score
To add to the ram box topic. I posted thos in the other thread earlier today.
So I just got a call from my salesman. someone from the factory, I'm assuming, reached out to him to tell him they can't give him an estimated ship date because of certain options that can't be put into my truck. The options included the rear under seat storage compartment, the Mopar camera trailer wiring, premium lighting group, rambox cargo management system, blind spot cross path detection. I asked him If he can see if he can find out how much longer I will need to wait for rambox cargo mgmt system and premiun lightong group becuase those are the two that i kind of relaly wanted. The rest i can live without. Hes going to call me back in a little. Side note, i have not asked hom for an update, this was out of the blue. Although last friday i made my follow up with ramchat and mentioned the higher vins being built situation which escelated my case. Not saying I'm getting movement because of the escelated case but maybe everyonr should check with their salesman to see if there some options holding up builds that you can live without.

Update.
He said he pretty much had to rebuild it and upon rebuild, ram box was not an option. I then asked him to call the rep to see if it was a glicth or something and to also try building a larmie with rambox to see if it will allow it (over this waiting period i kind of leaned towards wanting the larmie anyway) he will do both tomorrow and let me know

deanno33

Reaction score
Well then I'm screw with my back country. I ordered it with both rambox and pano roof.

Well, I have neither of those and also sitting in D. I think its alot of different parts. Power mirrors, BSM, ram box, pano...all the things they used up in dealer orders and folks who placed sold orders last week.

Last edited:

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
So have to give a shout-out to this forum and especially @Eighty. I’m a 102’er so clearly frustrated like many of you and I don’t even have many of the options you all do. But I ran into a similar problem that @Eighty had with the Rebel 12A package. It wasn’t until I showed my dealer the forum banter including @eighty’s post that they finally got off their @$$3$.

My order had been held up but it wasn’t until I made noise they finally did something about it. My order has now been modified (switched out the Rebel 12A to Rebel 12) and supposedly “expedited” to get moving. Who the heck knows what expedited means but at least there is some movement.

So thanks!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So have to give a shout-out to this forum and especially @Eighty. I’m a 102’er so clearly frustrated like many of you and I don’t even have many of the options you all do. But I ran into a similar problem that @Eighty had with the Rebel 12A package. It wasn’t until I showed my dealer the forum banter including @eighty’s post that they finally got off their @$$3$.

My order had been held up but it wasn’t until I made noise they finally did something about it. My order has now been modified (switched out the Rebel 12A to Rebel 12) and supposedly “expedited” to get moving. Who the heck knows what expedited means but at least there is some movement.

So thanks!!
Glad to hear that yours got fixed up. I'll be curious to know if/when it moves to D1. I'm still stuck in D, even after fixing it. My dealer has reached out - again - to the regional rep to find out what the problem is now. Based on the discussions above, I assume it's "everything else" on my order now. Pano, ramboxes, etc.

Panzar07

Reaction score
Glad to hear that yours got fixed up. I'll be curious to know if/when it moves to D1. I'm still stuck in D, even after fixing it. My dealer has reached out - again - to the regional rep to find out what the problem is now. Based on the discussions above, I assume it's "everything else" on my order now. Pano, ramboxes, etc.
It sure does look like you have every problem option there could be. I have a few and thought that was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/