5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im really hoping that it's moving along. I received this same email....in early September.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Me too I received the same verbiage from Jeff MONTHS ago! Still no movement or follow up.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Extremely helpful! So in essence it's more than I feared. Mirrors, switch, and modules needed for nearly $1,500. Ram is omitting this feature and charging the same amount for the Rebel Level B package? That is effin crooked on more levels than one. At least on my wife's car when BMW did this they offered the amount off MSRP for each item omitted for the actual cost of said part/package.
Infotainment is a ripoff, you can source the parts yourself likely for way cheaper and program it yourself using AlfaOBD.

n00ber

Reaction score
Extremely helpful! So in essence it's more than I feared. Mirrors, switch, and modules needed for nearly $1,500. Ram is omitting this feature and charging the same amount for the Rebel Level B package? That is effin crooked on more levels than one. At least on my wife's car when BMW did this they offered the amount off MSRP for each item omitted for the actual cost of said part/package.
to be fair, infotainment is capitalizing. you could probably call around to wrecker yards and get the parts for half the price.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
to be fair, infotainment is capitalizing. you could probably call around to wrecker yards and get the parts for half the price.
You can get brand new power fold tow mirrors direct from mopar for $735. Those are chrome with heat and bsm. The non chrome non bsm mirrors should be cheaper. Switch is ~$50 bucks. AlfaOBD is $50.

Hasti17

Reaction score
after doing alot of complaining looks like someone is listening. lets see how far this will get me.

View attachment 108089
got that email from "Jeff" Tuesday, he wasn't lying either. it went d1 that day, and is scheduled to be build next Tuesday, hope it actually does, politely but firmly Complaining seems to have worked because it suddenly went D1 as soon as my "case" escalated to an email correspondence...

DTol

Reaction score
Where did you get this information from?
Go to the 2022 Ram Tracking Thread. You can find a link to a chart that has the status codes and what they mean. The rest is filtering through the miss-information FCA and the dealers use to manage our anxiety and anticipation and to keep us from bugging them.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
Glad I came here...

Preparing to put in an order for a mostly optioned 22 Rebel. On my build sheet it shows Rebel Level B which slightly differs from the Level 2 I was certain it shows on the online builder. They already made me aware I can't have BSM or Cross Path Detection which I have slightly made peace with. But to now not even get power folding mirrors on a $70k truck....not happening especially where I live and parking is already tight in 90% of the spots.

With all that said, has anybody successfully swapped to power folding/heated mirrors afterwards? One would assume the wires are already there and presumably the switch plate on the door panel might be the same? Looking at part catalogs it's nearly $500-600 to buy the mirrors....Ram's "Level B" is only $70 difference that is a joke! Ultimately, if I can negotiate said cost into my order and they can swap the mirrors at a later date when they are available I could live with that. If not, I might have to walk which is unfortunate and would seem crazy for mirrors but I haven't had manual mirrors on any of my last 5-6 vehicles in the last 10 years!
What about ordering the optional power folding mirrors? Maybe that's a route to take and they are available?

Make the dealer sub them in and eat the cost due to the regular ones not being available.

Not sure what they look like. But a possibility maybe..

1634240213688.png

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
What about ordering the optional power folding mirrors? Maybe that's a route to take and they are available?

Make the dealer sub them in and eat the cost due to the regular ones not being available.

View attachment 108099
Usually trailer tow mirrors are larger and stick out way more. Not sure I would want them unless I was going to tow something like a travel trailer. But of course it's up to you and well the manufacturer if they actually have them.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

View attachment 108099
To each his own, but I find the trailer tow mirrors to be ugly as sin. Personally, I would rather have manual folding mirrors than power folding trailer tow mirrors.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
To each his own, but I find the trailer tow mirrors to be ugly as sin. Personally, I would rather have manual folding mirrors than power folding trailer tow mirrors.
Like I said I am not sure what they look like.

Saw the option when I was on the Build screen and thought I would put it up as it may be an option for some.

I know manual would be a deal breaker for me. And by the luck of the draw my truck was built as ordered with Level 2.

But I feel for the guys that are getting Level B builds. Makes me mad..

Users who are viewing this thread