5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went to dealership on Monday GM told me didn’t know what was going on with my order from June (4x2, vin 111937) and can no longer honor trade in value from June quote. So I cancelled my order and then ordered same truck but in 4x4. Last night he calls me and says cannot get Ram Box and the electric folding heated mirrors not avail either! UGH!!!
That's a real sore spot for people waiting so long. If ya'll have a trade, and the dealer won't lock in the price (or there's a time limit on it, like in your case), then it can f with your (probably very carefully planned out) purchase budget, as if you need another thing to deal with.

Hasti17

Reaction score
It was pulled a little while back. There are several 2022s that were ordered with Max Steel that have been churned out. If it was accepted with that color selection they're producing it.

I'm tongue in cheek on the power folding mirrors. They're standard on the Limited.
for me its schadenfreude, Rebels could at least ask for BSM sensors, us Laramie chumps were told right up front we were the people who cant order it, but laramies still have power mirrors

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for me its schadenfreude, Rebels could at least ask for BSM sensors, us Laramie chumps were told right up front we were the people who cant order it, but laramies still have power mirrors
Yeah, thought that was pretty messed up. I'm pretty sure even Big Horn's can get BSM.

Can almost guarantee they knew that people looking at Laramie's were the most likely candidates to jump up to a Limited for the BSM (and other things). Worked on me. Whereas people looking at Rebels obviously wanted a tougher, more off-road capable truck and weren't really interested in a Limited, and people looking at Big Horn's are not trying to (or can't) spend Limited money.

n00ber

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked. All this discussion about mirror has me thinking.

The "in transit" rigs i see on dealers websites dont seem to have trailer mirrors. Can the manual fold power trailer mirrors be swapped out for regular non-tow power mirrors? Does Mopar offer that part?
are you asking if you can replace the mirror at a later date? if so yes.

n00ber

Reaction score
Yeah, thought that was pretty messed up. I'm pretty sure even Big Horn's can get BSM.

Can almost guarantee they knew that people looking at Laramie's were the most likely candidates to jump up to a Limited for the BSM (and other things). Worked on me. Whereas people looking at Rebels obviously wanted a tougher, more off-road capable truck and weren't really interested in a Limited, and people looking at Big Horn's are not trying to (or can't) spend Limited money.
I have blind spot and crosspath myself

at least at the moment *knock on wood*

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've been browsing a few different sources with incoming Limiteds. First, sidenote, Mark Dodge has TWO rebels incoming both are listed with power folding mirrors.

Anyway, one thing I've noticed with ALL the Limiteds I've found is that NONE of the ones that are in transit have the Off Road Group. Is this a possible hang up? I wonder how many of us that are non-Rebel orders have ORG and they're prioritizing those components for Rebel builds to get those orders built out. Any ideas @Eighty ?

herddogg

Reaction score
are you asking if you can replace the mirror at a later date? if so yes.
Yes, that is what i am asking. Just want to make sure if I grab a rig with non-trailer power mirrors that i can get manual fold trailer power mirrors later and the electronics are compatible.

I described it backwards in my previous post.

n00ber

Reaction score
Yes, that is what i am asking. Just want to make sure if I grab a rig with non-trailer power mirrors that i can get manual fold trailer power mirrors later and the electronics are compatible.

I described it backwards in my previous post.
I cant speak for how easy the replacement will be or if it will need to be flashed though. I just know that the part is offered.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I've been browsing a few different sources with incoming Limiteds. First, sidenote, Mark Dodge has TWO rebels incoming both are listed with power folding mirrors.

Anyway, one thing I've noticed with ALL the Limiteds I've found is that NONE of the ones that are in transit have the Off Road Group. Is this a possible hang up? I wonder how many of us that are non-Rebel orders have ORG and they're prioritizing those components for Rebel builds to get those orders built out. Any ideas @Eighty ?
I’m sitting an airplane, about to take off. Won’t be able to mine any data until this evening.
Also won’t be able to post my daily chart until this evening.

deanno33

Reaction score
I have blind spot and crosspath myself

at least at the moment *knock on wood*

Me too. I wonder if the manual fold mirrors (if our level 2 is changed to level B) will also delete the BSM. Have a feeling if we lose the power fold mirrors, we will also lose BSM.

When I ordered, I also got the Tech Group as the BSM seemed to be on edge at that time. My thought was that if BSM goes away from my build, the third brake light camera from the Tech Group may replace the need for BSM (if it shows what's next to you). No idea, but that was in my head at the time. Also wanted the stitched dash in the Big Horn which you somehow get with Tech Group.

Hasti17

Reaction score

i have ORG and they are planning to build mine Tuesday, Believe it or not i dont think the ORG is as common "in the wild" as it is on the forum. ive seen ONE truck in real life with the ORG and it was a quad cab bighorn. so it may not be a shortage per say but more-so a sample set issue. if org is 1 in every 500 trucks then suppose they may spread them out to allow time to replenish the supply chain

Last edited:

n00ber

Reaction score
Me too. I wonder if the manual fold mirrors (if our level 2 is changed to level B) will also delete the BSM. Have a feeling if we lose the power fold mirrors, we will also lose BSM.

When I ordered, I also got the Tech Group as the BSM seemed to be on edge at that time. My thought was that if BSM goes away from my build, the third brake light camera from the Tech Group may replace the need for BSM (if it shows what's next to you). No idea, but that was in my head at the time. Also wanted the stitched dash in the Big Horn which you somehow get with Tech Group.
I asked for the trailer tow mirrors, those are manual fold. I originally wanted the tech group when I ordered in August (dealer didnt tell me they had no allotments at the time). When the order was actually placed in September I lost the tech package (which I plan on adding the Mirror/3rd brake light after I receive the truck)
I would look at videos on youtube for the CHML a few people have reviewed it/posted about it and I don't think it will take the place of a BSM.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked for the trailer tow mirrors, those are manual fold. I originally wanted the tech group when I ordered in August (dealer didnt tell me they had no allotments at the time). When the order was actually placed in September I lost the tech package (which I plan on adding the Mirror/3rd brake light after I receive the truck)
I would look at videos on youtube for the CHML a few people have reviewed it/posted about it and I don't think it will take the place of a BSM.
You're adding the mirror/camera yourself? Or the dealer can do it? And in either case, where would you get the part if they are low on it?

DTol

Reaction score
Had this chat today.
Areti
Your truck has completed the build and is pending quality inspection before shipping to the dealer.
5:15:51 AM
Me
It was in storage after inspection status. Did it go back to inspection status?
5:17:33 AM
Areti
This is all part of the same stage, Dennis.
5:18:05 AM
Me
Any way that you can find out why? It has been there over a mounth now.
5:20:01 AM
Areti
For details beyond the status you would need to contact the sales department.

Turns out JS and Inspection are one in the same. They tell you JS just to give you a feeling there is progress. Just like the expected shipping date and expected build dates the dealer puts on your POC. All seem to be just missinformation just to manage your anxiety and anticipation to keep you from bugging them. By sales department he meant my dealer. The dealer can access the same status chart that Ram Chat access and that is all. They don't know any more than D, D1, Build Sheet, I, Window Sticker and Ship date. They can't find out any of the why's relative to the timing of any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread