5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

n00ber

Reaction score
Does anyone know how dealer allocations work? It is the only logical thing I can think of as to why a lower VIN gets delayed being scheduled for build when something in the 190k range goes D1 almost immediately after order. Should be easily refuted if a high VIN Mark Dodge order goes D1 over comparable lower ones.
if you have a vin allocations do not apply.
you tell the dealer what you want, the dealer submits it when they have allocation. if they only have 5 a month and you are number 6, you have to wait for the following month.
so lets say they have an allocation availability for the month you order it once SHAP sees the order and accepts it (package availability, ie technology group, tonneau cover) a vin is assigned

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know how dealer allocations work? It is the only logical thing I can think of as to why a lower VIN gets delayed being scheduled for build when something in the 190k range goes D1 almost immediately after order. Should be easily refuted if a high VIN Mark Dodge order goes D1 over comparable lower ones.
Man, who knows? I just keep looking at MD's website daily to see if what I ordered presents itself as incoming in hopes that I can switch. I do know my POC shows "5N7 Saved Favorites" so I can only assume they have ordered similar configs. They do have a Longhorn incoming that has Ramboxes and the MFT, but no ORG that I'm really, really tempted by.

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Saturday will be a week in D1 for me, all I get is all the parts are there and will be built in the next few weeks. I'm going to reach out to my dealer or stop in and get a new copy of my POC to see what dates they have listed on there.
Yesterday was a week in D1 for me, I have a ship date but still no BS

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
My dealer is a high volume shop (currently 29 33 2022's listed for sale with window stickers), and most of them have higher VINs than my order which has not even gone to D1. Most of the VINs listed on their website appear sequential with at least one other (i.e., 153348-153354, 173219-173220).

Given that my dealer has 20+ VINs listed that have higher (and much higher) VINs than mine, I don't think allocation is the problem, as they clearly have plenty of allocation for trucks.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the dealer is willing to do it yea, otherwise I'll be doing it (shouldn't be too hard).
Assuming its the same as a MY21 mirror should be 68312206AA ($318)
and CHMSL should be 68444540AB ($380)
plus like $25 for a cable to go from mirror to camera
haven't seen any indication of low stock/backorder
That’s not the part number for the digital rear view mirror, that is the regular auto dim mirror with auto high beam.
For 2021, 68448639AB is the DRVM for trucks without FCW, and 68448641AB is the DRVM for trucks equipped with FCW.
The 2022 DRVM part numbers will be different because they have a second camera input for the tow mode camera, but the 2021 mirrors should work, too.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
My dealer is a high volume shop (currently 29 33 2022's listed for sale with window stickers), and most of them have higher VINs than my order which has not even gone to D1. Most of the VINs listed on their website appear sequential with at least one other (i.e., 153348-153354, 173219-173220).

Given that my dealer has 20+ VINs listed that have higher (and much higher) VINs than mine, I don't think allocation is the problem, as they clearly have plenty of allocation for trucks.
Are any of them close to what your build is? I am wondering if some of your combinations are keeping your truck from being built? My Limited I did not order the tech package but on my build sheet it shows the HUD and digital mirror. Not part of the level 1 I ordered.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Are any of them close to what your build is? I am wondering if some of your combinations are keeping your truck from being built? My Limited I did not order the tech package but on my build sheet it shows the HUD and digital mirror. Not part of the level 1 I ordered.
Last I checked, my dealer did not have any Limiteds available for sale, but there is a Limited Longhorn that is close (it has a pano roof, which I don't, but it is missing the air suspension). One of the new build sheets @triple_B found this morning is for a limited that is nearly identical to mine (including color), despite being 30k VINs later than mine. So, who the hell knows?

kesta1986

Reaction score
Yesterday was a week in D1 for me, I have a ship date but still no BS
I would bet that you'll get your BS around 10/19, which is showing as your estimated ship date. My ship date on my POC was 10/9 when I was in D1, BS popped on Monday, 10/11...

n00ber

Reaction score
That’s not the part number for the digital rear view mirror, that is the regular auto dim mirror with auto high beam.
For 2021, 68448639AB is the DRVM for trucks without FCW, and 68448641AB is the DRVM for trucks equipped with FCW.
The 2022 DRVM part numbers will be different because they have a second camera input for the tow mode camera, but the 2021 mirrors should work, too.
thanks, for the correction. didnt want to dig into it too much at work spend too much time looking for it when I don't have the truck

Hasti17

Reaction score
so my dealer emailed me back and said that they are going to talk to their rep. who is conveniently away until monday. i don't expect any good news, and have decide to wait one more month and then i'm throwing in the towel.
" im just goin out for milk and Cigarettes"

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Last I checked, my dealer did not have any Limiteds available for sale, but there is a Limited Longhorn that is close (it has a pano roof, which I don't, but it is missing the air suspension). One of the new build sheets @triple_B found this morning is for a limited that is nearly identical to mine (including color), despite being 30k VINs later than mine. So, who the hell knows?
I guess we will never know what the delays are and why the plant is picking and choosing trucks to be built. It is frustrating when you see higher VIN's being pushed out and your stitting there waiting to hear something good.

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
I wrote my salesman at the dealership and told him I’d probably have to cancel my order since I had to buy a truck a couple days ago to supplement while I didn’t have a truck for work and ram is not helping me whatsoever and telling me what’s going on. He said he’s gonna dig around and try to find out I don’t think he wants me to cancel my GT🤷‍♂️

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wrote my salesman at the dealership and told him I’d probably have to cancel my order since I had to buy a truck a couple days ago to supplement while I didn’t have a truck for work and ram is not helping me whatsoever and telling me what’s going on. He said he’s gonna dig around and try to find out I don’t think he wants me to cancel my GT🤷‍♂️
Couldn't they just turn around and sell it for more? 🤷‍♂️

Camel_City

Reaction score
That's a real sore spot for people waiting so long. If ya'll have a trade, and the dealer won't lock in the price (or there's a time limit on it, like in your case), then it can f with your (probably very carefully planned out) purchase budget, as if you need another thing to deal with.
Some values have actually increased recently, and fortunately for me that was the case. They gave me an additional $500, but then again, that might've been because they felt bad about no rebates of any kind. But anyway, that's something to consider.

Scott_R

Reaction score
When I went to dealership on Monday GM told me didn’t know what was going on with my order from June (4x2, vin 111937) and can no longer honor trade in value from June quote. So I cancelled my order and then ordered same truck but in 4x4. Last night he calls me and says cannot get Ram Box and the electric folding heated mirrors not avail either! UGH!!!
Sorry to read about your delay... That said, it might be to your favor. Unless you were getting a spectacular trade value, private sale will likely be better. I was able to get a 2.5x increase with a private sale verses dealer trade. Biggest concern now is what I will do after new owner takes my 2009 Ram on 11/14.

DTol

Reaction score
Couldn't they just turn around and sell it for more? 🤷‍♂️
I asked once about ways a dealer could push you off your order but nobody answered. Could a dealer put a hold on the shipping of an order?

Scott_R

Reaction score
Yeah, thought that was pretty messed up. I'm pretty sure even Big Horn's can get BSM.

Can almost guarantee they knew that people looking at Laramie's were the most likely candidates to jump up to a Limited for the BSM (and other things). Worked on me. Whereas people looking at Rebels obviously wanted a tougher, more off-road capable truck and weren't really interested in a Limited, and people looking at Big Horn's are not trying to (or can't) spend Limited money.
I was informed that BSM addition would severely impact my delivery time. #MirrorGate #BSMGate

Users who are viewing this thread