5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mjg

Reaction score
Got a call from the BDC rep at the dealership this morning that my truck has arrived at the Winston-Salem rail yard. He said they had a large number of trucks arrive they have to transport to the dealership (10 miles away) and process. Said it'll be the first of next week before I can pick it up. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel, lol.
I just got a call that mine will arrive in the Dallas
railyard this weekend. Dealer said I should be able to pick up sometime next week.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
The data doesn't support this. What are the most high-end models? Limiteds and TRX's. Lowest end - Big Horns (if you ignore Tradesmen). Now look at the data. They've built a lot more Big Horns and Laramies - both by the numbers and by the percentages.

SeriesSUM of OrderedSUM of Built
TRX6848925
13.51%​
Longhorn4600771
16.76%​
Limited118022057
17.43%​
Rebel91551852
20.23%​
Big Horn / Lonestar350037255
20.73%​
Laramie195624664
23.84%​
Sport53881506
27.95%​
Tradesman1005362
36.02%​
Grand Total9336319392
Not to mention they charge us Canadians a bit more for the sports as well...

DTol

Reaction score
I’m new to this stuff so if their is no build sheet and it’s estimated to be shipped out Sunday. How’s that possible? Or am I missing something?
Because the estimated shipping date is meaningless. It's just there to keep you from asking so many questions. Same with estimated build date some dealerships put on the poc.

jessed1

Reaction score
Correct, but there more of the upper trim levels being built overall than Big Horn/Lonestars
Based on the overall totals (bottom row), bighorns/lonestar are 37.5% of all built trucks. Thats a fair percent.

franky1397z

Reaction score
Based on the overall totals (bottom row), bighorns/lonestar are 37.5% of all built trucks. Thats a fair percent.
Isn't that kind of on par with what it should be considering the bulk of Trucks to be produced are those trim levels. Those are by far the most ordered, so it would make sense that they have the most descent production percentage thus far?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read an article yesterday that Ram is producing high end models with most profitability while they have parts for builds. Seems logical as I ordered 6/16, just a Bighorn 4x2 V6, 3.55 rear and Ram Boxes..maybe I’ll have it by Xmas?
I have an almost fully loaded Limited on order and still in D status as of last Friday, so not sure how much I believe that. My order went in on 6/26, and higher VINs are being built.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read an article yesterday that Ram is producing high end models with most profitability while they have parts for builds. Seems logical as I ordered 6/16, just a Bighorn 4x2 V6, 3.55 rear and Ram Boxes..maybe I’ll have it by Xmas?
I have read similar articles, but they were specifically saying that Stellantis is diverting all chips to the highly profitable RAM trucks. Meaning that they aren't using the chips to build minivans and cars, not that they are using them for the higher tier RAM trucks but all RAM trucks in general as the profit margins are better on the trucks. ie. We all overpay for trucks!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, I see what you mean, but the math is wrong there too. You would need to add the ordered and built for those higher trims together then figure percentage. Otherwise adding the column percentage together is over 100%.
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by adding the percentages together because they are not percentages of the total of all trucks built, but rather just the percentage of each individual series of truck that has been built vs the total of that series ordered. So ideally each row would have 100% in the last column which would mean that all trucks that had been ordered had also been produced.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I have read similar articles, but they were specifically saying that Stellantis is diverting all chips to the highly profitable RAM trucks. Meaning that they aren't using the chips to build minivans and cars, not that they are using them for the higher tier RAM trucks but all RAM trucks in general as the profit margins are better on the trucks. ie. We all overpay for trucks!
Its my understanding when they say high end RAM they are referring to DT as opposed to DS (CLASSIC) built in Mexico....

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its my understanding when they say high end RAM they are referring to DT as opposed to DS (CLASSIC) built in Mexico....
I would expect the DS would fall into the same category as the vans and cars in that hierarchy as well. I wasn't up to date on the DS options, so I just went and built one on RamTrucks. Full tech doesnt appear to be an option for those anyway so likely not a huge demand on the chips there like all the Advanced Tech trucks are.

Camel_City

Reaction score
Same here. I didn't catch all the details, but I heard a report on a radio news station recently where they're temporarily stopping production on the Cherokee's and Pacifica's to divert more chips to the Ram lines. Sucks for those waiting for their Jeeps and vans ...but good news for us Ram buyers.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. I didn't catch all the details, but I heard a report on a radio news station recently where they're temporarily stopping production on the Cherokee's and Pacifica's to divert more chips to the Ram lines. Sucks for those waiting for their Jeeps and vans ...but good news for us Ram buyers.
They can do that because those aren’t big sellers right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online