5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Prex01

Reaction score
I'm with ya man. I'm pretty much going to wait until the end of October. That would put me at 4 1/2 months. At that point, I'm going let my dealer, ramtrucks.com, and make some phone calls to customer service and let them know that building other trucks besides ordered trucks isn't acceptable, and I will cancel my order and buy another maker's trucks. With links and all

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

My dealer told me he expected another 8-12 weeks before delivery. I told him keep the truck, they gave me my deposit back and I just brought home a 21 with almost everything that I had on mine. I chose to settle rather than wait till Dec/Jan to get the one I ordered.

UC 5 would have been nice, but overall I’m extremely happy with my purchase.

7-7 order
7-9 D status

22 BH Night Edition Ram Boxes Billet Silver 12” Display 3.92’s

Gr8dane

Reaction score
I'm with ya man. I'm pretty much going to wait until the end of October. That would put me at 4 1/2 months. At that point, I'm going let my dealer, ramtrucks.com, and make some phone calls to customer service and let them know that building other trucks besides ordered trucks isn't acceptable, and I will cancel my order and buy another maker's trucks. With links and all

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I hear ya man and feel the same way. They won't care if one truck is cancelled. We should all band together and say this is bull and threaten to all cancel and go to competitors instead lol. We are actually paying customers not true kickers we should have ours built first. In my opinion its greed they got out money we can wait the need to get trucks on lots to sell more. I ordered in May and it have a feeling im not seeing mine until next year.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Yeah, my dealer lot has been taking 2022 deliveries all week. Their site has a handful already. I hope they accept affiliate and employer discounts at delivery. On the dealer site, it says "Call for Pricing" at the Employee pricing section.
Affiliate program for all Ram trucked ended last night. If they are still honoring that price that is their choice.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Only for 2021MY
Not the story 2 different dealers told me when I reached out to them. They said they could not price protect a MY22 with affiliate pricing and it was going away for all their models 10/01. Since everyone is up in arms I will probably call the affiliate program directly today again. Last time they told me there was a change coming to what was available for discount on 10/01 but said they did not receive a list of the changes.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
I hear ya man and feel the same way. They won't care if one truck is cancelled. We should all band together and say this is bull and threaten to all cancel and go to competitors instead lol. We are actually paying customers not true kickers we should have ours built first. In my opinion its greed they got out money we can wait the need to get trucks on lots to sell more. I ordered in May and it have a feeling im not seeing mine until next year.
someone go to one of those petition sites and create a petition and we can all sign it and send it to Ram.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
My dealer told me he expected another 8-12 weeks before delivery. I told him keep the truck, they gave me my deposit back and I just brought home a 21 with almost everything that I had on mine. I chose to settle rather than wait till Dec/Jan to get the one I ordered.

UC 5 would have been nice, but overall I’m extremely happy with my purchase.

7-7 order
7-9 D status

22 BH Night Edition Ram Boxes Billet Silver 12” Display 3.92’s
Think of it this way... You don't have to wait, you have a great new truck, and while you don't have UC4, at least you won't have to deal with the inevitable clustertruck that UC5 will be. I'm seriously considering moving on from my '22 order because I live in the middle of nowhere (nearest dealer is about an hour drive) and I'm not really looking forward to multiple trips to the dealer to get the (expected) UC5 issues fixed.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not the story 2 different dealers told me when I reached out to them. They said they could not price protect a MY22 with affiliate pricing and it was going away for all their models 10/01. Since everyone is up in arms I will probably call the affiliate program directly today again. Last time they told me there was a change coming to what was available for discount on 10/01 but said they did not receive a list of the changes.
Or, you can see the communication directly from stellantis- 9A3B14C9-6DC0-411B-B5C9-6ECAB92C652E.jpeg

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I think this is one of the major problems... whether it be the affiliate program, or (lack of) information on the '22 packages, or clarity with regard to our orders, the messaging and communication from Ram has been less satisfying than a burrito fart in a compact car with no a/c and windows that can't roll down on a 100 degree day.

Ram could make this entire situation more palatable if they were simply more transparent and honest. Did they really think people wouldn't find out they are building dealer stock trucks way ahead of orders that came months before, or that trucks in the 60,000+ VIN range are being built before trucks ordered the first day?

I'm generally a tolerant man, but when companies seem prone to self-inflicted harm, I lose my patience pretty quickly.

/rant

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Or, you can see the communication directly from stellantis- View attachment 106857
Now that's total BS. I get removing the affiliate rewards and such (I don't agree with it from a consumer standpoint, but I understand the logic), but removing monthly and quarterly bonuses/rewards for salespeople while simultaneously making it harder for them to sell vehicles? That's a$$hattery of a d0uchebag level.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Listen, I know everyone is all fired up but remember that there is a massive shortage of trucks and a huge surplus of consumers with stimulus cash willing to buy what's offered at MSRP or MSRP+. They don't have to cater to any one group. The ball in 100% in their court when the supply is so limited and demand is so high. It really is just basic supply/demand economics.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that's total BS. I get removing the affiliate rewards and such (I don't agree with it from a consumer standpoint, but I understand the logic), but removing monthly and quarterly bonuses/rewards for salespeople while simultaneously making it harder for them to sell vehicles? That's a$$hattery of a d0uchebag level.
They are withholding not eliminating the rewards, and lowering Stellantis' budget for spins/spiffs which were used to incentivize the selling of slow moving units. Considering we are in a bizarro world market where new cars are selling for MSRP+, used vehicles are going for over MSRP and inventory is practically non existent the sales people/managers arent hurting at all. My brother is making more in this market than he ever has. They aren't having problems selling vehicles right now.

Glarensen

Reaction score
What’s frustrating is that my salesman is still telling me affiliate pricing isn’t going away. Are they not telling him for some reason?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a waste of time and doesn't even make sense. They aren't going to build random trucks in all parts of the country it financially would kill them and/or up our prices.
This. Ya'll really should look into modern automotive manufacturing and how things run. Its not some random do whatever thing, its carefully planned out to keep similar trims/options going down the line to streamline the process.

Users who are viewing this thread