5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
For those of you - myself included - that are purchasing from Mark Dodge and putting some miles on your truck to get home, I'd suggest getting some temporary paint protection film to keep from getting rock chips and such on your new truck during your trip home.

I'm planning to add some Track Armor - https://www.trackarmour.com/products/6x100-trackarmour-film - to the front of my Laramie before I head out of Lake Charles. Bumper, Grill, Front of Hood. Easy to lay down and easy to remove within a couple of days.

Awesome idea, definitely noting this down.

DTol

Reaction score
Las Vegas here, ~1500 miles here for my road trip from MD once it comes around. Bought my last Ram in Austin though in 2019, did that drive in 2 days but looking to spread this Lake Charles - Vegas trip over a few more so I'm not rushing.
3200 miles one way for me to bring mine home to Chugiak Alaska from Brooklyn Park Minnesota. I think I win the farthest distance prize. Planned on taking 10 to 14 days to do it but now that it may be November we will do it in 5 days. Our goal is 600 miles a day at 10 to 11 hours a day. We will store it if it gets too far into November.

Last edited:
Reaction score

DTol

Reaction score
For anyone still wondering or curious. My limited was ordered before the package changes and the window sticker reflects exactly as I ordered with the tech group not being included with LL1.
My build sheet accurately reflects my order which was placed before the package changes. I assume my window sticker will too. The build sheet has both Level 1 group and the tech group listed. Day 14 in Inspection status.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Dealer just emailed to confirm my truck is on the way. Build sheet: 9/22, Window sticker: 9/28, currently in Oklahoma City, OK: 9/30. He said he is expecting it to arrive in a couple of weeks. Which is great, but seems like a long time if in 2 days it’s already gone as far as it has. Headed to California, BTW. But I’ll take it!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer just emailed to confirm my truck is on the way. Build sheet: 9/22, Window sticker: 9/28, currently in Oklahoma City, OK: 9/30. He said he is expecting it to arrive in a couple of weeks. Which is great, but seems like a long time if in 2 days it’s already gone as far as it has. Headed to California, BTW. But I’ll take it!
Happy but not happy for you. :) I have a Limited on order too, from June. Yeah, yeah, what to all you people that ordered before me, you should get your truck first but whatever. LOL

PCHokie

Reaction score
Wife and I will be moving about 80miles SW of Nashville next year from Central TX. Bought raw land three years ago. House construction starts in Feb in small 1000 people town.
Don’t blame you, my wife and I just moved to Austin in June from DC area and this housing market is ridiculous. We couldn’t find anything we liked under 1m, so ended up deciding to build in a community next to TPC San Antonio. Now I need to convince my wife to let me join, but probably going to have a hard time convincing her being a member is worth 30k initiation fee + $600 per month…

Nate F

Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B Have either of you come across a BS or WS with the Off Road Group yet. Just wondering if that could be a hold up??? On another note, the dealership I ordered from in Florida just got their first two 2022's in yesterday.

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Happy but not happy for you. :) I have a Limited on order too, from June. Yeah, yeah, what to all you people that ordered before me, you should get your truck first but whatever. LOL
Someone on here said it before and I'd agree - it's by region.

I think they'll market it and say "2022 RAM 1500s are now available starting Oct". In that way it makes sense to start shipping to dealers further away since it takes longer for them to get there. My truck is built and I'm 2 transit days away from SHAP and that's what's making me feel better about others getting their stickers now.

That and they are re-writing rebates and deals so we don't any discounts. :)

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B Have either of you come across a BS or WS with the Off Road Group yet. Just wondering if that could be a hold up??? On another note, the dealership I ordered from in Florida just got their first two 2022's in yesterday.
There is no build sheet with the word offroad, off road, off-road, etc Maybe a little more information on what you are looking for exactly though would help. Do you have a copy of your POC ?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh flip! you must be so happy!

Hey, I'm an actual dad okay. I'm allowed. Lemme alun...

Users who are viewing this thread