5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and when you click on the pictures a vin comes up. but when you run the vin you get nothing.
1C6RREJT7NN169694
try it and see.
that vin is higher then mine.
That's because they haven't been built yet. Dealers are posting "inbound" trucks, which means "ordered".
Of the 433 dealer listings I'm watching, 56 of them have build sheets. The rest are still in C/D/D1 status.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
That's because they haven't been built yet. Dealers are posting "inbound" trucks, which means "ordered".
Of the 433 dealer listings I'm watching, 56 of them have build sheets. The rest are still in C/D/D1 status.
i knew they haven't been build yet. it is just strange that a company would advertise something that they do not know when they will get it.

and know that the stellantis ceo is leaving to autonation we know why.

Last edited:

Hasti17

Reaction score
i knew they haven't been build yet. it is just strange that a company would advertise something that they do not know when they will get it.
Not really When I was looking at trucks and scoped out each of the dealers the local GMC dealer had almost what I was looking for on order already and I could have claimed the truck prior to it being built, he said thats whats happening in this market. If you're not looking to custom order the dealers place their own orders and you claim one of them before it comes in

Last edited:

3DVol

Reaction score
5 more members with build sheets this morning.

@RamCanuck104166OntarioGranite
@3DVol115542New BrunswickGranite
@22RebelGT118974AlbertaGranite
@Jtbarrett88121185KansasPatriot Blue
@RDSnj2021121869LouisianaIvory White
Man, I haven't check in on this site in weeks since I have a 2500 on order and see someone saying I have a build sheet! Thanks for the fakeout! That got me all excited, but I am afraid that VIN is my last 6, but I am not in New Brunswick!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I haven't check in on this site in weeks since I have a 2500 on order and see someone saying I have a build sheet! Thanks for the fakeout! That got me all excited, but I am afraid that VIN is my last 6, but I am not in New Brunswick!
Ahh. Sorry. I had you down as NN115542. I’ll get it changed to NG115542

I grabbed your VIN from this post which was just the last 6 digits and assumed everything in this thread was for 1500’s so I added NN to it

I see now that the post after this one you added the 2500 part 👍🏼

brenan00

Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:
10th Ann Ltd (114123) Bright White, Texas - built 9/17
10th Ann Ltd (114124) Granite, Texas - built 9/21
10th Add Ltd (114125) Patriot Blue, Texas - built 9/20

Laramie SW Ed (124397) Billet Silver, Texas - built 9/20
Laramie SW Ed (124398) Bright White, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124399) Diamond Black, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124400) Granite, Texas - built 9/20

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.
My sales guy said when he places sold orders, he will try and order another 2 or 3 similar orders at that time if FCA would let him. He places all the orders for the dealership and their fleet orders.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
wow
"fleet commercial sale" haven't seen that on any canada orders before.
also states "can not be considered for scheduling" which is odd.
maybe the dealer screwed up something.
if you can get you down payment back maybe take this and go to another dealer.

hopefully triple_b or eighty will have more to say.

brenan00

Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:
10th Ann Ltd (114123) Bright White, Texas - built 9/17
10th Ann Ltd (114124) Granite, Texas - built 9/21
10th Add Ltd (114125) Patriot Blue, Texas - built 9/20

Laramie SW Ed (124397) Billet Silver, Texas - built 9/20
Laramie SW Ed (124398) Bright White, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124399) Diamond Black, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124400) Granite, Texas - built 9/20

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.
My sales guy said when he places a sold orders, he will try and order another 2 or 3 similar orders at that time if FCA would let him. He places all the orders for the dealership and their fleet orders.

crblake

Reaction score
wow
"fleet commercial sale" haven't seen that on any canada orders before.
also states "can not be considered for scheduling" which is odd.
maybe the dealer screwed up something.
if you can get you down payment back maybe take this and go to another dealer.

hopefully triple_b or eighty will have more to say.
If I was in a hurry for the truck I would look at canceling and re-ordering but I'm not and I retain the price protection from the 2021 which saves me a few grand and gets me the options I originally ordered. Going to watch for a few weeks as the dealer mentioned I should see a VIN assigned by then.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you know if this might be something that happens at every model change?
where they wait to issue window stickers later then sooner.

I really only have knowledge of the TRX launch last year as it was the first time I had started tracking trucks, but it definitely happened with the TRX Launch.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If I was in a hurry for the truck I would look at canceling and re-ordering but I'm not and I retain the price protection from the 2021 which saves me a few grand and gets me the options I originally ordered. Going to watch for a few weeks as the dealer mentioned I should see a VIN assigned by then.
you sure? have you reached out to corporate or gotten a Statement in writing from your dealers Stellantis Rep? "cannot be considered for scheduling" sounds like a pretty definitive status. id try to get an exact statement from someone at Stellantis but that appears that your order will not be scheduled as built. ive been googling and it LOOKS like they accepted it because it WAS a 21, but now that is a 2022 it basically was put aside because the build spec does not align with what the factory will build. from what I can find online, it appears that this is like the teacher giving an essay back, and telling your dealer to rewrite it to better fit the rubric.

We aren't at all questioning your patience. its awesome you aren't at all in a rush, while the rest of us chomp at the bit. I think the questions about your POC are based on the fact there isnt anyone else who has had a 2022 here assigned a "Cannot Schedule" status and didn't have to change something. and based on the plain text in the document, it seems like the assurance your dealer gave you that the truck will be assigned a vin from its current status just seems off, if not flat out incorrect.

Last edited:

Ramontario21

Reaction score
My 22 was delayed in the re order process as the colour that I selected for my 21 was not available in the 22 … if I hadn’t kept bugging my dealer to find out what was going on I probably would still be waiting for a new vin
Ram was waiting on me to make a new colour choice and I had no idea that was the case….
Ask questions and be persistent

n00ber

Reaction score
My 22 was delayed in the re order process as the colour that I selected for my 21 was not available in the 22 … if I hadn’t kept bugging my dealer to find out what was going on I probably would still be waiting for a new vin
Ram was waiting on me to make a new colour choice and I had no idea that was the case….
Ask questions and be persistent
"Squeeky wheel gets the oil" -Mom

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Just got this morning. Has anyone else gotten this email from Mopar? (copy and pasted)

Hello *********** ,

Thank you for ordering a 22 MY Ram 1500. We are pleased to advise that your new Ram truck will be on its way to you soon! Please continue to monitor your email in the coming weeks as we provide more specific details on when your new Ram is expected to arrive at your dealership. Your patience and understanding is appreciated as we navigate these unprecedented supply chain related issues. We are excited for you to receive your new truck and welcome you to the Ram family!

Thank you,

RAM Customer Care

Users who are viewing this thread