5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mexd781

Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:
10th Ann Ltd (114123) Bright White, Texas - built 9/17
10th Ann Ltd (114124) Granite, Texas - built 9/21
10th Add Ltd (114125) Patriot Blue, Texas - built 9/20

Laramie SW Ed (124397) Billet Silver, Texas - built 9/20
Laramie SW Ed (124398) Bright White, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124399) Diamond Black, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124400) Granite, Texas - built 9/20

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.
You would think the people with orders at the volume dealerships might come before the smaller dealerships

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seen similar things all year, from a shipping point it makes sense. Fill a train/truck with vehicles going to the same location. So larger dealerships would get multiple trucks built at the same time. Smaller dealerships in close proximity (or along the same rail path) would be built near each other as well.

You would think the people with orders at the volume dealerships might come before the smaller dealerships
This was my assumption when going with Mark Dodge. I still think that a lot of us that ordered through Mark Dodge will get built out together. The last I heard, only 1 MD order was D1?

crblake

Reaction score
there has to be a bigger issue as to why Stelllantis, has not accepted your order, after 3 months i would have just told the dealer to order the same thing again or cancel it and ill head elsewhere. if you have no vin, it cannot hurt to issue a duplicate order since you aren't "in line."
My order is a carry over from a 2021 and my understanding is some of the options on my POC from my original order are not supposed to be available in my trim for 2022 without certain packages (that I don't have). I really have no reason to be in a rush other than wanting my new truck and I have price protection from the 2021 order.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do, but only to a certain point. They have to draw the line somewhere since that penalizes the smaller dealerships and would be even more incentive for EVERYONE to just go out of town to the larger dealerships to place orders if they knew this going in. So there appears to be some "pecking order" to which dealerships get trucks first, but that doesn't mean that ALL of their orders get built before the factory moves on to another dealership.

ie. a BIG dealership may get 20 trucks before a smaller dealership gets their first but if you are number 30 or 40 in line with the big dealer then you still came after the first or second guy at the smaller dealership. There are just SO many unknowns that go into selecting the next truck to be built that we will never know from the outside looking in. We just pull the seemingly random list daily and hope another member is on it! :)

Hasti17

Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.
Aaron implied something to that effect when i first ordered, essentially if he thinks he can sell What you ordered and he sees demand for lot models he may order duplicates. my POC says Saved Favorites as a line item leading me to believe he may have kept the base build and ordered other variations of what i built.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaron implied something to that effect when i first ordered, essentially if he thinks he can sell What you ordered and he sees demand for lot models he may order duplicates. my POC says Saved Favorites as a line item leading me to believe he may have kept the base build and ordered other variations of what i built.
Mine from MD says Saved Favorites as well. Sales Code 5N7

JBV

Reaction score
They do, but only to a certain point. They have to draw the line somewhere since that penalizes the smaller dealerships and would be even more incentive for EVERYONE to just go out of town to the larger dealerships to place orders if they knew this going in. So there appears to be some "pecking order" to which dealerships get trucks first, but that doesn't mean that ALL of their orders get built before the factory moves on to another dealership.

ie. a BIG dealership may get 20 trucks before a smaller dealership gets their first but if you are number 30 or 40 in line with the big dealer then you still came after the first or second guy at the smaller dealership. There are just SO many unknowns that go into selecting the next truck to be built that we will never know from the outside looking in. We just pull the seemingly random list daily and hope another member is on it! :)

it would be interesting to talk to an operational manager/executive about production and allocation strategies. i'm sure it's wildly complex and probably has a political element as well. dealerships, order size, parts availability, etc, etc. i bet there's a team of people juggling all these factors working long stressful hours to figure it out and it's the kind of thing no outsider can never be privy to.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
it would be interesting to talk to an operational manager/executive about production and allocation strategies. i'm sure it's wildly complex and probably has a political element as well. dealerships, order size, parts availability, etc, etc. i bet there's a team of people juggling all these factors working long stressful hours to figure it out and it's the kind of thing no outsider can never be privy to.
Or it is a bunch of names in a hat. Or a random number generator. Or dealer's choice.
But you're probably closer to the reality, though less fun.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes. feel like your build is what people Lot Shopping Would envision a limited coming equipped As.
Maybe, but I don't see a lot of ram boxes and MFT's out on the road. I couldn't find any that were equipped how I wanted on lots anywhere. If I could find a new 2021 somewhere, I'd be tempted to take it, even with UC4.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score

Autonation:

And they are already for sale on their website...

They even have some listed in the Hydro Blue Pearl. Is that the one that was supposed to be only for the 10th anniversary limited?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And they are already for sale on their website...

They even have some listed in the Hydro Blue Pearl. Is that the one that was supposed to be only for the 10th anniversary limited?
Yes, that's how I found them in the first place. They've been listed for quite a while.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
No, that's Blue Shade.
Thanks. I wasn't able to find that color listed on the configuration for the 2021's on the official site. It turns out to be the same color as my trade in a 2004 2500 with a 5.7 hemi

Donald22

Reaction score

Autonation:

@Eighty - Does your search show the dealership name or just the state in which the batch builds are being done? Curious to know if any are coming to Virginia and which dealership.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty - Does your search show the dealership name or just the state in which the batch builds are being done? Curious to know if any are coming to Virginia and which dealership.
With some of the listings, I can see the dealership name/location, but with others I can't. So I only have partial records of the dealership that ordered. But I have found some trucks shipping to Virginia - to Blue Ridge CDJR.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Canadian here, I ordered in March and I still don't have a VIN assigned, not feeling the love.
You must have ordered a 21 in March … so you would definitely have a different vin now with the 22… I am in the same boat … ordered a 21 in March switched over to a 22 in August but had vin for both….

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yes I do have a POC w/ a VON. Just spoke with the dealer as well, no VIN as of yet. Tried Ram Chat to try to understand what the delay is, but since the order is from Canada they wouldn't help and support up here just told me to contact my dealer.
so you have a POC and a VON and no vin?
Can you post a pic of your POC?

Users who are viewing this thread