5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick bit of statistics for everyone. I'm tracking 186 members in this forum, and so far 12 have gotten build sheets. Here's a chart showing the haves/have-nots by trim level (as provided to me). I'm not 100% sure I've captured all of the 10th Anniversary Limiteds, as opposed to regular Limiteds. But it's still interesting data nevertheless.

Green = have a build sheet
Red = still waiting for a build sheet

EDIT: This makes it about 6.5% of the members who have received build sheets. Based on @triple_B's posts, SHAP has issued about 5,500 build sheets (on a total list of about 85,000). So they've built about 6.5% of their backlog. Comparing that data, it would suggest that "sold orders" aren't taking any more priority than all other orders. But take that with a grain of salt, as it's a limited dataset.

View attachment 105996
Sold Vehicles currently account for 1178 of the 5738 trucks build so far.

DTol

Reaction score
Still in I status (inspection}. Been there since Friday or Saturday. Must be backlogged at that status point. Don't know how long to inspect a build for problems. The daily trucks built number must not include this step. Looks like there is currently quite a bit of time between getting built and being sent to the dealer. Especially since no window stickers have been detected yet.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sold Vehicles currently account for 1178 of the 5738 trucks build so far.
Interesting information. That's just over 20% of the vehicles built. Wish I knew what percentage of the ~85,000 VINs were sold orders.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting information. That's just over 20% of the vehicles built. Wish I knew what percentage of the ~85,000 VINs were sold orders.
My guess is much less than that, I am looking for a way to identify fleet purchases because I would consider them "SOLD" but I don't think they are listed the same way so they are likely skewing that number.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
My guess is much less than that, I am looking for a way to identify fleet purchases because I would consider them "SOLD" but I don't think they are listed the same way so they are likely skewing that number.
So much for sold customer orders having any priority!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You cant really say that at this point, my guess is that fleet orders are also considered sold since they aren't going to a dealers lot for stock. That is how I would interpret the statement. They are just prioritizing sold dealer orders over stock dealer orders, but the factory has lots of customers that don't go through the dealer network directly and those are still considered sold orders I just don't know see a way to identify them as such from the build sheets. I haven't had time to really look through them fully yet and it wasn't something I looked for over the past year since nobody was ordering fleets of TRX's ;)

Hasti17

Reaction score
Canadian here, I ordered in March and I still don't have a VIN assigned, not feeling the love.
do you have a POC with a VON? i find it hard to believe that your order wouldn't have a VIN, even if you live in canada, wherever that is...

crblake

Reaction score
do you have a POC with a VON? i find it hard to believe that your order wouldn't have a VIN, even if you live in canada, wherever that is...
Yes I do have a POC w/ a VON. Just spoke with the dealer as well, no VIN as of yet. Tried Ram Chat to try to understand what the delay is, but since the order is from Canada they wouldn't help and support up here just told me to contact my dealer.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm going to stay positive, but if you think about it I'm sure EVERY dealer out there is going to press RAM to provide them "stock" trucks to retail at full MSRP or even above as a priority over our sold orders. Most of us bought our trucks at invoice or less so they make less 💰. As long as they get them by year end for sales numbers/volume payout that's all they really care about. Again, I'll do my best to give the benefit of the doubt and I think for the most part they're simply trying to get as many trucks out the door PERIOD based on available components and logistics.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Yes I do have a POC w/ a VON. Just spoke with the dealer as well, no VIN as of yet. Tried Ram Chat to try to understand what the delay is, but since the order is from Canada they wouldn't help and support up here just told me to contact my dealer.
there has to be a bigger issue as to why Stelllantis, has not accepted your order, after 3 months i would have just told the dealer to order the same thing again or cancel it and ill head elsewhere. if you have no vin, it cannot hurt to issue a duplicate order since you aren't "in line."

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:
10th Ann Ltd (114123) Bright White, Texas - built 9/17
10th Ann Ltd (114124) Granite, Texas - built 9/21
10th Add Ltd (114125) Patriot Blue, Texas - built 9/20

Laramie SW Ed (124397) Billet Silver, Texas - built 9/20
Laramie SW Ed (124398) Bright White, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124399) Diamond Black, Texas - built 9/21
Laramie SW Ed (124400) Granite, Texas - built 9/20

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.

n00ber

Reaction score
So after checking hundreds of dealer-listed VINs for build sheets, I discovered something interesting. First, when many of the dealers place orders, they'll place a "group" of orders that are similarly-optioned, but with slight variations (like color). And as it turns out, Ram is building these in groups as well over the course of a few days. Here are a couple of examples:

Autonation:

The list goes on and on like this. A dealer in Louisiana has had 5 Laramie SW Editions built over 3 days with consecutive VINs, for example.
I guess that makes a lot of sense as to why they would do that, I never thought of it that way.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Autonation:

Seen similar things all year, from a shipping point it makes sense. Fill a train/truck with vehicles going to the same location. So larger dealerships would get multiple trucks built at the same time. Smaller dealerships in close proximity (or along the same rail path) would be built near each other as well.

Users who are viewing this thread