5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So…”it is done”. Made my final decision. They’re both great trucks, albeit for slightly different reasons. My main thought was similar to what @triple_B said. Which one will I regret not keeping?
The Rebel is better for towing and hauling, and has a few more features. And it fits in my garage. But the TRX brings absolute pleasure to me every second I’m in it. Being honest with myself, I would start up the Rebel every day and say, “I wish I had kept the TRX”.
So TRX it is. And now that I’ve made the decision, I have no second thoughts on it. So I know I made the decision that was right for me. Just wish it was a Granite TRX…

mike146

Reaction score
So…”it is done”. Made my final decision. They’re both great trucks, albeit for slightly different reasons. My main thought was similar to what @triple_B said. Which one will I regret not keeping?
The Rebel is better for towing and hauling, and has a few more features. And it fits in my garage. But the TRX brings absolute pleasure to me every second I’m in it. Being honest with myself, I would start up the Rebel every day and say, “I wish I had kept the TRX”.
So TRX it is. And now that I’ve made the decision, I have no second thoughts on it. So I know I made the decision that was right for me. Just wish it was a Granite TRX…
CONGRATULATIONS!! Enjoy it.

Veneno

Reaction score
So I was talking to my wife about the TRX the other day, showing her videos, and just making her aware on had bad *** it is. So then she says " why didn't you order one"? I'm like wtf I could have had a supercharged V8. So great choice, my mom always said get the best or go home.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes, 170k ordered. 102k built. But we are up to 110k on built now. That’s what I meant.

View attachment 116726
Thanks for pointing it out. I don’t ever look at the page, it just posts the numbers. I confirm the member counts match but never go to the second page myself. There must be something else wrong then because I updated that sheet this morning as well? At a basketball game right now but will check into it when I get home. Not sure why the count is off.🤔

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great choice, I always end up at the same outcome myself. Also tell myself it will be much easier to find a “Rebel” (in your case) in the future than I figure it will be to find a TRX if you decide it doesn’t work for you anymore.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
That just means... you need to order a new Granite TRX. Problem. Solved.

Thank me later.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Your Rebel was real close to mine except for the engine. I originally was going with the eTorque but it was locked out on the day I ordered it so I selected the diesel and the order went in. That was 8 months ago, crap I could’ve waited a couple months for all that mattered. My biggies were Ram boxes, air suspension, adv safety group and trailer towing group and multifunction tailgate. Ram cust Serv said mine is in production but no clues at what stage. It was supposed to have rolled off the line last Friday

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your Rebel was real close to mine except for the engine. I originally was going with the eTorque but it was locked out on the day I ordered it so I selected the diesel and the order went in. That was 8 months ago, crap I could’ve waited a couple months for all that mattered. My biggies were Ram boxes, air suspension, adv safety group and trailer towing group and multifunction tailgate. Ram cust Serv said mine is in production but no clues at what stage. It was supposed to have rolled off the line last Friday
By the time I even showed up to decide if I wanted it, the dealer already had a placard inside showing it to be MSRP plus $4995 ADM. So they’re going to sell it for $82,600!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 1326 Window Stickers tonight. 7 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Nolesfan0525, @doug55579, @BluRebel, @Cmousel, @RAMKing1, @Doncogi, @warz00

Most Window Stickers we have had in a single day in a while! Great to see them releasing so many trucks to shipping!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150930 @Nolesfan0525XX
95​
MichiganPatriotLaramie
192571 @doug55579XX
1​
MassachusettsWhiteRebel
200833 @BluRebelXX
1​
CaliforniaBlueRebel
200861 @CmouselXX
22​
FloridaSilverRebel
214148 @RAMKing1XX
1​
MarylandGraniteRebel
216712 @DoncogiXX
1​
LouisianaIvoryLimited
248695 @warz00XX
1​
PennsylvaniaGraniteTRX

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Found 1326 Window Stickers tonight. 7 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Nolesfan0525, @doug55579, @BluRebel, @Cmousel, @RAMKing1, @Doncogi, @warz00

Most Window Stickers we have had in a single day in a while! Great to see them releasing so many trucks to shipping!

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150930 @Nolesfan0525XX
95​
MichiganPatriotLaramie
192571 @doug55579XX
1​
MassachusettsWhiteRebel
200833 @BluRebelXX
1​
CaliforniaBlueRebel
200861 @CmouselXX
22​
FloridaSilverRebel
214148 @RAMKing1XX
1​
MarylandGraniteRebel
216712 @DoncogiXX
1​
LouisianaIvoryLimited
248695 @warz00XX
1​
PennsylvaniaGraniteTRX
No joy for me tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks!

Side question. Ever try to download the payload and towing info? Doesn't look like it's possible, since we're required to enter the VIN and submit vs being able to search a consistent web address changing the VIN. I would have found that valuable when selecting options. I found a 2019 options weight table, but would have been nice to see actual configurations and the payload impact.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see a lot of BS but not many WS. Is there a unreported hold up at the body vendor?

yes, 170k ordered. 102k built. But we are up to 110k on built now. That’s what I meant.

Pivot tables not refreshing?
Fixed now!

In the event anyone cares about the details.
It was that animated chart that I made a while back causing the problem. The entire table is date based so I can pick any date from the start of production and the table refreshes based on all the totals up to that date. When I was done building the animation, I just left the date as 12/31/21, so the total in the online tracker haven't changed since New Years.
It is now set for 12/31/22 so I'll have the same problem again in 355 days!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No joy for me tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks!

Side question. Ever try to download the payload and towing info? Doesn't look like it's possible, since we're required to enter the VIN and submit vs being able to search a consistent web address changing the VIN. I would have found that valuable when selecting options. I found a 2019 options weight table, but would have been nice to see actual configurations and the payload impact.
I used the door jamb stickers for a bunch of the first TRX's to ship from 2021 to calculate the weight of the options from the first group that shipped and then was able to calculate the payload/towing based on the build sheet of all those that came after because there were many members that had similar questions. So, I do have my calculated payload/towing of all trucks. Are you asking for something in particular?

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
I used the door jamb stickers for a bunch of the first TRX's to ship from 2021 to calculate the weight of the options from the first group that shipped and then was able to calculate the payload/towing based on the build sheet of all those that came after because there were many members that had similar questions. So, I do have my calculated payload/towing of all trucks. Are you asking for something in particular?
Not really, since I already made my choices, lol. I'm switching from a loaded 2017 Rebel that only has 850 lbs of payload, which turns out is not a lot when considering an RV. The 5th Gens added 300 lbs to the base model, so I'll get some improvement. Then opted not to do the sunroof or eTorque (but kept in most of the rest!)

Was just thinking from data perspective, if possible, to be nice addition to what you're able to do already...which is more than enough! :)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not really, since I already made my choices, lol. I'm switching from a loaded 2017 Rebel that only has 850 lbs of payload, which turns out is not a lot when considering an RV. The 5th Gens added 300 lbs to the base model, so I'll get some improvement. Then opted not to do the sunroof or eTorque (but kept in most of the rest!)

Was just thinking from data perspective, if possible, to be nice addition to what you're able to do already...which is more than enough! :)
Triple_B, thinking about whether he could programmatically calculate everyone’s payload capacity based on their build sheets, then add it to the daily announcements:

1641959536806.png

Users who are viewing this thread