5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Looks like my base price went up from the POC I got re-printed on 11/17. None of the options changed, it was all from the base MSRP. It went up $885. We will see what the price ends up being when I go to pick it up.

Danthecarguy247

Reaction score
Well if that's the case I'm as lost as i was before. Seemed coincidental 2 of the same specialty "southfork " in the same geographical area in the same boat. Any thoughts ? Or just a mystery like the rest?😊
I come up with new conspiracy theories daily to keep myself entertained while I wait. My current one is my color, Ivory White Tri-Coat, I’m sure that isn’t keeping it held up. But it makes me feel better 😂

Rustybolt

Reaction score
There are a lot of people still waiting on their May orders. Being frustrated at 6 weeks is comical.
Glad you are amused. I appreciate the may forward orders that are waiting. I'm not so much frustrated as confused like many.if i could get consistency. ive been told 4 different things. From the same source. Im curious by nature and when things don't present any logic i become more curious .
Thanks
I had no idea the Limited Longhorns would be such a limited ;) production model.
Looks that way to me too

yup ram

Reaction score
There are a lot of people still waiting on their May orders. Being frustrated at 6 weeks is comical.
And there are people in the world that probably have it much worse than having to be patient when taking delivery of their brand new truck. It’s all a matter of perspective. Plus, you never know what expectations some salesman are dishing out.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
And there are people in the world that probably have it much worse than having to be patient when taking delivery of their brand new truck. It’s all a matter of perspective. Plus, you never know what expectations some salesman are dishing out.
Isn't that the truth on both items.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you are amused. I appreciate the may forward orders that are waiting. I'm not so much frustrated as confused like many.if i could get consistency. ive been told 4 different things. From the same source. Im curious by nature and when things don't present any logic i become more curious .
Thanks
Don't worry about it. There are probably less than 10 people on this forum still waiting for May orders, and they haven't paid a cent more than you have for your truck.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1027 Build Sheets found today. 6 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @quantum19, @Never2many, @chris288, @speedbyu, @Mad Cow, @Veneno

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112804 @quantum19XIndianaGraniteLimited
158364 @Never2manyXAlbertaBlackTRX
168664 @chris288XMarylandGraniteRebel
169157 @speedbyuXIllinoisWalnutLonghorn
247753 @Mad CowXIdahoBlueLaramie
248008 @VenenoXCaliforniaBlueLaramie

CHARTS UPDATED

chris288

Reaction score
1027 Build Sheets found today. 6 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @quantum19, @Never2many, @chris288, @speedbyu, @Mad Cow, @Veneno

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES

CHARTS UPDATED

OH LORDY LORD !!!!!! :eek: Almost 4 months to the day....

Veneno

Reaction score

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES

CHARTS UPDATED

I am truly amazed it will be built this fast. Thank you triple_B and eighty for keeping us up to date. For those of you who have been waiting since May I really don't know what to say, hopefully soon. Since I'm getting a Christmas truck what do I get, a reindeer hood ornament, a tree in the bed and wrapped in Christmas lights?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am truly amazed it will be built this fast. Thank you triple_B and eighty for keeping us up to date. For those of you who have been waiting since May I really don't know what to say, hopefully soon. Since I'm getting a Christmas truck what do I get, a reindeer hood ornament, a tree in the bed and wrapped in Christmas lights?
Probably more like candy wrappers in your air filter, and egg nog spilled on your center console.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No Back Countries today (current total is 450).
4 Southforks today (current total is 173).

Mad Cow

Reaction score

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES

CHARTS UPDATED

Yea! I made the cut right before the Christmas deadline. @Veneno, looks like we'll be neck & neck to the finish line. I'll send a beer down south if your's lands at the dealer first.

Thanks to triple_B & Eighty for the continued updates!

Hoover87

Reaction score
For guys trying to figure out the methods behind the scheduling madness, I except it's a multifaceted exercise based on supply chain, shipping efficiency, and probably revenue for the books. Something you may want to look at to kill some time and add to the crazy is look at the dealer trucks in transit on the ram trucks site for trucks in your area.

My truck was built 20 days from order date (11/24). WTF!? For unrelated reasons I did a search for trucks in my area and found there was a higher number of in transit trucks than I remember seeing last time. Closer I looked, most if not all will need to ride the same rail out to the northwest. VINs we're all over the board. It would make sense to align their production (somewhat) with their shipping to increase efficiency in the yard and keep the trains moving. So I'm just going to assume that I had an easy build and they needed to fill a spot on the train. Dumb luck.

I just did a similar search for Mark Dodge trucks and they have a bunch in transit, which seems to align with recent movement on forum members' orders.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For guys trying to figure out the methods behind the scheduling madness, I except it's a multifaceted exercise based on supply chain, shipping efficiency, and probably revenue for the books. Something you may want to look at to kill some time and add to the crazy is look at the dealer trucks in transit on the ram trucks site for trucks in your area.

My truck was built 20 days from order date (11/23). WTF!? For unrelated reasons I did a search for trucks in my area and found there was a higher number of in transit trucks than I remember seeing last time. Closer I looked, most if not all will need to ride the same rail out to the northwest. VINs we're all over the board. It would make sense to align their production (somewhat) with their shipping to increase efficiency in the yard and keep the trains moving. So I'm just going to assume that I had an easy build and they needed to fill a spot on the train. Dumb luck.

I just did a similar search for Mark Dodge trucks and they have a bunch in in transit, which seams to align with recent movement on forum members' orders.
The transit timing has been postulated several times, and I don't know if there's any truth to it or not. While I'd like to believe that they batch things with this in mind, I have a personal experience that leads me to believe otherwise. My TRX sat in a rail yard for almost 2 weeks, waiting to board a train. That would suggest that there wasn't much "scheduling" in mind when it comes to shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread