5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly, his dealer is currently telling him "Yeah, you can have your Tundra next month!" and I'm just squint-eyeing the crap out of that.
No, I don't mean they're telling me I could have that. I mean I could have dropped a deposit, had a signed buyer's order, and had my new Tundra dropped in my driveway by December 15th.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope Toyota does well, their numbers have been so far shy of the big three's for so long that now is the time for them to capitalize and really deliver for their customers, which would maybe make the big three finally pay attention to what they're doing...like with reliability.

Scott_R

Reaction score
People who ordered RAM trucks in June were told it would be a year before theirs was built? I'd be surprised to hear that.

I mean, they already are undercutting them. A fully loaded 1794 is right around the same price as my modestly optioned Laramie. I chose RAM for a reason, but I do understand why people are looking to jump to another manufacturer right now.

And honestly, most of this is directed at the nonsense comment the Stellantis employee made about "whining" and "jumping to GM or Toyota." He's wrong.
So, I do not think @HAG1417 is wrong...

GMCs were just announced, with no real estimates for first deliveries. Regarding Toyota, your dealer is probably right that he could put you in one in under a month. That said, I have 4 dealers in a 30-mile radius of me that have Limiteds in-stock. and one has an Ignition TRX. (Somewhat amusingly described as "Dealer Notes: Looking for a new car at an affordable price? Check out this 2022!") I bought my Longhorn in 2-weeks after finding it.

However these are not custom builds...

If you were to highly customize a Toyota or GMC, you might see the same 6-7 month delivery times. Even your dealer starts with 10-12 weeks. (Also known as February.)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

GMCs were just announced, with no real estimates for first deliveries. Regarding Toyota, your dealer is probably right that he could put you in one in under a month. That said, I have 4 dealers in a 30-mile radius of me that have Limiteds in-stock. and one has an Ignition TRX. (Somewhat amusingly described as "Dealer Notes: Looking for a new car at an affordable price? Check out this 2022!") I bought my Longhorn in 2-weeks after finding it.

If you were to highly customize a Toyota or GMC, you might see the same 6-7 month delivery times. Even your dealer starts with 10-12 weeks. (Also known as February.)
Yeah, I think I might have glazed over this in my head/posts. I think he's talking about a "generic" 1794, not a customized factory order.

Found the article: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-toyota-tundra-already-has-a-1-5-year-wait

It says that "Toyota doesn't take factory orders like other brands"

If that's true, that would explain a few things.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
get your poc to be sure
Yea I actually emailed me salesman yesterday but ill call him today. I wanted to confirm my options prior to going d1 but I haven't checked with chat since Monday so it may have already been d1 yesterday.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I might have glazed over this in my head/posts. I think he's talking about a "generic" 1794, not a customized factory order.

Found the article: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-toyota-tundra-already-has-a-1-5-year-wait

Of course it wasn't a factory order (the same way RAM does it). I never said it was. My point in bringing that up was in response to the comment about people "jumping to Toyota." It's BS.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If you can find one person waiting for a Tundra they ordered this month next October, let me know. I'll come back and admit that he was right all along.

And to expand on that, that Tundra is exactly what I wanted because of how Toyota does "factory orders." I told the dealer what I was looking for and he said he'd see what he could do from their allocation. The one coming in is from the request I gave him. I would even get the brown/beige interior RAM refuses to let me have. 🤣

Right now, it sounds like management pushing some damage control.

Last edited:

Scott_R

Reaction score

It would...

If you eliminated factory orders, the dealer I worked with has some 33 2022 Crew Cabs listed as already onsite or in transit. They cover the full range from Big Horns to the TRX mentioned at $92K. (I didn't bother counting the Quad Cabs.)

I have no doubt they could deliver one before December 15th.

Scott_R

Reaction score
If you can find one person waiting for a Tundra they ordered this month next October, let me know. I'll come back and admit that he was right all along.

Okay. Find me the person that placed a custom order first. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We need to be comparing apples to apples.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. Find me the person that placed a custom order first. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We need to be comparing apples to apples.
Present, in any form that matters.

The overall argument is that RAM is botching this process and Toyota isn't. I think your point strengthens that argument.

I decided on RAM for a reason, but we don't need to pretend that they don't have significant room for improvement here compared to other manufacturers.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

As one who has placed a reservation for Sierra Denali Ultimate, I can tell you what I've been told. GM has said manufacturing will begin Feb. 7th with deliveries beginning early March. GM has also stated that it is removing options from lower models so that it can prioritize and build the upper models (Denali, AT4X, and Denali Ultimate). For example, unless you have one of the upper models, you cannot get heated seats or steering wheel, nor can you get HVAC adjustment knobs with digital readouts.

Given that GM is clearly planning for how these builds will go by removing options from lower trim levels, and being upfront about it, my bet is that they execute on their plans much better than others before them. Of course, nobody knows what will happen, and it could be a train wreck, but it sure seems like GM is trying to learn from the the fiascos of other manufacturers.

Scott_R

Reaction score

And to expand on that, that Tundra is exactly what I wanted because of how Toyota does "factory orders." I told the dealer what I was looking for and he said he'd see what he could do from their allocation. The one coming in is from the request I gave him. I would even get the brown/beige interior RAM refuses to let me have. 🤣

Personally, the brown interior was an issue for me with my original Big Horn order. Solved that problem with a Longhorn.

20211117_115559.jpg

Scott_R

Reaction score
Present, in any form that matters.

The overall argument is that RAM is botching this process and Toyota isn't. I think your point strengthens that argument.

I decided on RAM for a reason, but we don't need to pretend that they don't have significant room for improvement here compared to other manufacturers.
So, The improvement could be the elimination of custom orders? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread