5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Biggio

Reaction score
Man, it's weird that they're already building a truck in the 215 group. As far as I can tell, VINs that high were just issued yesterday or today.
What the hell is going on!?!? Ugh

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What the hell is going on!?!? Ugh
I should correct my statement. It was likely issued on Monday. That VIN is 215189, and my new Rebel VIN is 215271 (which was issued on Monday). If that makes anyone feel any better...they're building 4 day-old orders, not 2 day-old orders.

Biggio

Reaction score
I should correct my statement. It was likely issued on Monday. That VIN is 215189, and my new Rebel VIN is 215271 (which was issued on Monday). If that makes anyone feel any better...they're building 4 day-old orders, not 2 day-old orders.
I know mine is a Limited and they've been kicking out the models with less options, but there have to be people with the same models at lower VINs being passed by.

Could these maybe be trucks that were re-ordered because of damage upon delivery of other trucks? Maybe they are getting priority because the original orders were damaged in some way.

derk916

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to typically build once production starts? My truck was supposed to be "shipped" by November 18th, but don't think it has started yet. I'm hoping for a delay since I won't reach 60 days at PenFed til the end of December.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some more stats on today's 1,053 build sheets:
  • 55 more trucks with Ramboxes
  • 222 more trucks with Pano sunroof
1636658573981.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to typically build once production starts? My truck was supposed to be "shipped" by November 18th, but don't think it has started yet. I'm hoping for a delay since I won't reach 60 days at PenFed til the end of December.
2-3 days. If your ESD is on 11/18, I'd expect it to be starting next Monday or Tuesday.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
The only logical explanation (not that logic applies here) I can come up with is that Ram screwed up by allowing so many unrestricted early orders because they didn't take the time figure out what their initial capacities would be. As such, once orders started being restricted (i.e., options removed, packages consolidated, etc.), those orders became much more likely to be built because their builds were congruent with what Ram could build. Following this same "logic," the reason we see such a high percentage of 185/200+ VINs being built is that all those VINs are streamlined for Ram's capacities.

All of us with early, unrestricted orders are suffering the fate of unending D-Status because we either have options that can't be built or our trucks can't be streamlined like the new, restricted orders.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how do you figure with them building 50 per hour?
or are you including everything?
The question was: how long does it take from start to finish?

JDK6653

Reaction score
How long does it take to get a VON after ordering a vehicle. Ordered on 11/3 and still no VON.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So now that I have a build sheet, I’m gonna ask a stupid question …. What does that mean in terms of a status change from my current D1, and what would be a good guesstimate as far as when it might start heading down the line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread