5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So now that I have a build sheet, I’m gonna ask a stupid question …. What does that mean in terms of a status change from my current D1, and what would be a good guesstimate as far as when it might start heading down the line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
once you have a build sheet you SHOULD be in I status for a bit, meaning inspection, its already built, the build sheet is like a receipt from the production line, then additional equipment, then shipping, that could take 2 days... or 60.

JDK6653

Reaction score
should be very fast.

it is the vin that takes a few days.

are you talking with the sales person or the sales manager/director?
I'm talking with the sales person and they said they checked today and still no VON

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So now that I have a build sheet, I’m gonna ask a stupid question …. What does that mean in terms of a status change from my current D1, and what would be a good guesstimate as far as when it might start heading down the line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you are way past d-1

the build sheet is when they start the truck and drive it off the line.

if you watch some videos of shap you will see a large sheet of paper hanging from the front of the truck. that paper is scanned when a part is placed on the truck so when it is completed a build sheet can be generated.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm talking with the sales person and they said they checked today and still no VON
Then that means they either (1) haven't actually placed your order in the system, or (2) Ram has not acknowledged/accepted the order.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
eighty I saw your post on the trx forum about no vins being issued for the trx. my dealer said they did stop accepting trx vins and they were not going to accept any as they did not want to keep track and input them when the vins opened back up.
for what it is worth.

n00ber

Reaction score
My money is on your dealer not having any more allocations available this month...my dealer said it was ordered and when I insisted on getting my VON they said that there is no order number. I made a fuss about it at my dealership, involved a manager, salesman, and inventory guy. (Allocations are the number of trucks they can order per month)

JDK6653

Reaction score
and some dealers Avoid giving YOU that info, most buyers Dont know Status codes or the actual order documentation as people here do, hell... some dealers know less about ordering a truck then anyone on this forum.
IS there any other way of getting it?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IS there any other way of getting it?
Ram Chat can generally tell you your VIN if you have your VON. But without either one, I don't think they can help you either.

carlgoodwill

Reaction score
How long does it take to get a VON after ordering a vehicle. Ordered on 11/3 and still no VON.
VON is issued at time of Order by your Dealer and should be on your POC that they provided you. Your VIN is typically provided a couple days later once processed by Ram. Your Dealer should have your VIN by now if you placed the order on 11/3.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
I lit a fire under my sales manager *** about the power folding mirrors and told him that they better not ship that truck with out them. He had put in a call to the factory rep and passed on my request. Maybe (hopefully) that is why I am still at the body vender but not holding my breath.
I got a call yesterday from Sandi at MD saying they would try to add the power folding mirrors but no guarantee. Someone made a SNAFU on SHAPs end and MD has at least 7 unauthorized order changes that occurred and they are trying to get fixed. She gave me the option to wait and see or reorder with all the right stuff, but at the new increased price. Seems that if they F’ up the consumer shouldn’t be paying the difference to make the order correctly.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call yesterday from Sandi at MD saying they would try to add the power folding mirrors but no guarantee. Someone made a SNAFU on SHAPs end and MD has at least 7 unauthorized order changes that occurred and they are trying to get fixed. She gave me the option to wait and see or reorder with all the right stuff, but at the new increased price. Seems that if they F’ up the consumer shouldn’t be paying the difference to make the order correctly.
Well that’s exactly what is going to happen to me with my Rebel order. Unauthorized changes by the factory, gave up and reordered, and now the MSRP is $4k higher. While I’m still getting the same discount off of MSRP, I’m going to have to pay $4k more. Because of Ram’s f’up.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Well that’s exactly what is going to happen to me with my Rebel order. Unauthorized changes by the factory, gave up and reordered, and now the MSRP is $4k higher. While I’m still getting the same discount off of MSRP, I’m going to have to pay $4k more. Because of Ram’s f’up.
Reposting this here for you... https://www.poopsenders.com/

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
That is some bullsh*t and is terrible business practice, but there is no way to hold their feet to the fire. If this is how it will go they will never transition to a made to order model, not that dealerships would allow that to happen.

deanno33

Reaction score
I verified with my dealer that I went D1. Estimated ship date on POC says 11/21. Everything is as ordered on the new POC. Tech group, level 2 (hope that means power fold mirrors are secured), blindspot, standard hemi... so that makes me happy.

Are my options pretty safe if in D1? I know some others went back to D and I believe options changed.

Either way just feels cool to see movement since I've been D for over 4 months (others have been, longer I know).

SunnyS

Reaction score
What truck are you referring to? The only one I've seen/heard of lately was a TRX that was damaged during delivery at the dealer.
Trying to think of a reason for having the window sticker and the truck still being at the body vendor
You do know you can buy the mirrors for $1500 from infotainment.com

Users who are viewing this thread