5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well just correct me if I'm wrong on the big horns. Yes it's a large number, but most of those are the quick builds with no extra bells and whistles, like pano sunroof, rambox, back country, 12in screens and things like that...correct?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
if that were true I should have mine.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well just correct me if I'm wrong on the big horns. Yes it's a large number, but most of those are the quick builds with no extra bells and whistles, like pano sunroof, rambox, back country, 12in screens and things like that...correct?

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

After a brief search, it looks like that's pretty correct. A couple dozen of the Big Horns had panoramic sunroofs, a few had Ramboxes. But on 784 of them built, those are pretty small numbers.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's consistently inconsistent...lol.

All of those bighorns built and ours are being left behind

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After a brief search, it looks like that's pretty correct. A couple dozen of the Big Horns had panoramic sunroofs, a few had Ramboxes. But on 784 of them built, those are pretty small numbers.

The unfortunate part of this is we have no way of knowing what the remaining open orders are. Only seeing stats of what has been built doesn't help lend much insight into what trucks are being skipped for shortages.

ie. Just because we see a few trucks with Pano Roofs, doesnt mean there is no shortage of them and is the low numbers due a shortage or is it simply that more trucks are ordered without that option and so the ratios are inline even with no possible shortage.

My 2021 full scan is still running. It is currently at over 98 million requests since Sunday afternoon and about 65% done but its speeding up now because the more it finds the faster it gets. Maybe we can get some decent numbers once I have all of the 2021 build sheets downloaded and compare general percentages then with the assumption that people ordered roughly the same things in 2021 that they did in 2022.

DTol

Reaction score
It's consistently inconsistent...lol.

All of those bighorns built and ours are being left behind

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

You are not a dealer needing stock.

Randboye

Reaction score
Any body know the answer to this question?
When they say their aquaring parts do they put that's trucks vin number on the parts they been waiting for when the get them.🙂
Because there has been limiteds and other trim levels with same opitions I have order that have been built with later vin numbers. So any parts that were needed to built my truck they have aquaired and at some point and been installed on trucks that have been built With the later vin numbers than mine. 😕

Last edited:

n00ber

Reaction score
Any body know the answer to this question?
When they say their aquaring parts do they put that's trucks vin number on the parts they been waiting for when the get them.🙂
Because there has been limiteds and other trim levels with same opitions I have order that have been built with later vin numbers. So any parts needed to built my truck they have had at some point been installed on trucks that have been built.
It would make sense.
But I believe its one of those, oh we don't have pano? Move on to the next truck that we have all the parts for.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the saga continues with my order.

Dealer tells me that, after Ram converted mine to Rebel Level B (forcing the Rebel 12 package), the system has now reverted my order back to the original configuration (Rebel Level 2, with Rebel 12A). He's taking it back up the chain - again - to find out what's going on.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dealer tells me that, after Ram converted mine to Rebel Level B (forcing the Rebel 12 package), the system has now reverted my order back to the original configuration (Rebel Level 2, with Rebel 12A). He's taking it back up the chain - again - to find out what's going on.
Damn. Wouldn't it be quicker to just make another order? Maybe @Bay Area RAM can give you tips..haha

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score

Hey @RamCares please help get this man his truck!!

Pi Esq.

Reaction score

At some point, you just have to laugh at this, because otherwise, you'll end up going crazy.

AaronGaskill

Reaction score
11 more forum members with trucks starting production!

VINBSWSSTATECOLOR
100892 @MatrixbandXAlabamaPatriot
118216 @SNEXIdahoGranite
119031 @JRich33435XFloridaWhite
119146 @EngiNerdXLouisianaBlack
149840 @TnaultXVirginiaSilver
151080 @kesta1986XMassachusettsBlack
151965 @JODYJCATALANOXLouisianaGranite
168338 @REBEL-XXLouisianaGranite
172600 @AaronGaskillXOklahomaWhite
181061 @Andy1391XOntarioBlack
186852 @MCM22XOhioBlack
So does this mean it’s getting built or has been built?

chris288

Reaction score
join the club, there is a Rebel with a VIN 20k higher than mine with a window sticker, has every option mine has and more... what gets built when is anyone's guess !

jaws80

Reaction score

Eighty, I feel your pain, I am right behind you in the order and have the same two options you have. When you said earlier they were converting your order I contacted my dealer about the same and they reassured me that the truck will be built how it was ordered, no changes. I think since our trucks are out of the norm that they are building now we are getting pushed aside until the plant gets "caught up"

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eighty, I feel your pain, I am right behind you in the order and have the same two options you have. When you said earlier they were converting your order I contacted my dealer about the same and they reassured me that the truck will be built how it was ordered, no changes. I think since our trucks are out of the norm that they are building now we are getting pushed aside until the plant gets "caught up"
I'm about to give up here. Since it has been converted back to the original order, it's also in "BE" status, which is "Edit Error". So it's just stuck...

In the meantime, I'm considering buying a loaded TRX that the dealer has coming in (estimated ship date of 10/27).

Users who are viewing this thread