5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard vs Premium LED Lighting Group

Troop2865

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but I like the whiter light put out by the halogens. I have not driven the Ram with the LED’s so they may be better than my wife’s old BMW. On my last truck I ran the old KC Daylighters because I liked them better than the LED’s I have seen on other’s Jeeps.

I ordered the halogens and figured I would use the money on other things I wanted more such as custom wheels and lift. I may mount auxiliary lights on the front of my new truck like my last truck. They will probably be KC Highlights on a prerunner bar again. But again, I am old fashioned.

That is the beauty of customization. Build it the way you like it. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Reaction score
Last night I did a back to back drive of a Bighorn without LEDs and a Laramie with them and the difference was like night and day (pardon the pun).

In fact it was a little heart breaking because I would much prefer the Bighorn.

Is retrofitting LEDs to the Bighorn an option?

19BH

Reaction score
My truck came with it. Wasn’t something I wanted for $1000 however the truck had all the other options I wanted and in the right color. So instead of ordering I went with the one in stock. That being said the way they light the road at night is phenomenal. The “halo/DRL” seems very dim however

Attachments

• B72687F9-DC19-48E8-AF69-DF429726E551.jpeg
    B72687F9-DC19-48E8-AF69-DF429726E551.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137

Lateralus

Reaction score
I think the LEDs are worth the money. Great light output and they also look really good. As to the sunroof, I'll never buy a truck with one again.

PTRAM

Reaction score
When I purchased my Ram a month ago one of my requirements was the LED headlights plus the Blind Spot with Cross-Path. I love the LEDs and that the fog lights turn on when turning if I don't already have them on.

billyraff

Reaction score
Go with the LED's. They change the look of the truck entirely. More aggressive, more modern, and a newer look. The halogens give off the yellow look that is commonly associated now with low end models or "old" by many. You wont regret the LED's.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but I like the whiter light put out by the halogens. I have not driven the Ram with the LED’s so they may be better than my wife’s old BMW. On my last truck I ran the old KC Daylighters because I liked them better than the LED’s I have seen on other’s Jeeps.

I ordered the halogens and figured I would use the money on other things I wanted more such as custom wheels and lift. I may mount auxiliary lights on the front of my new truck like my last truck. They will probably be KC Highlights on a prerunner bar again. But again, I am old fashioned.

That is the beauty of customization. Build it the way you like it. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
Huh?
You've got it backwards... the LEDs will always be whiter than the stock halogens. Even whiter than HIDs.

Cheers,

Troop2865

Reaction score
To me, LED’s put out a bluish light. If you get the projector LED lights, they will perform a little better. I just can’t see spending $1000 on lights that are tested to perform at the same level as the halogen lights.

Not saying I am right. To each his own. But for me, I had other things I wanted to spend the money on.

I do appreciate the forum because we all have differing opinions at times, but it is good to see other’s thoughts. Heck, if money was no object, I would wait for the new Hellcat powered TRX, and it would include the LED’s. Oh yeah!

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Love my led light package minus the drivers side fog light that they put a upside down passenger fog light in . The dealer got me the correct light and replaced it . Other than that I love the led’s I can see far with those lights. Rain at night is a different story. A little hard to see but if I had to do it all over again I definitely would buy led package again.

Conch007

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys think the Premium Lighting Group is worth the extra $995.00. I'm building a bighorn and stuck on the sunroof and lighting group.... What do you think? Worth it or pass?
View attachment 7034
Mine does something where I’m turning a corner and the fog lights on the bottom turn when I make a sharp turn. I like my leds

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does something where I’m turning a corner and the fog lights on the bottom turn when I make a sharp turn. I like my leds

They are corning lights, love them. The come on with the turn signal or if you turn the wheel a certain amount, seem like only a quarter turn and they come on.

EJanx07

Reaction score
This cool little feature must be standard across all trims. I have a Big Horn/Lone Star (with halogens unfortunately), and my fog light(s) turns on when making a turn. Currently upgrading to LED bulbs, because halogens aren’t bright enough. Don’t even know why it’s an option. Wish I paid more attention when buying. Didn’t realize it was a option.... I was more attentive to color, interior etc w/ ORP

onelochevy

Reaction score
The light output from my halogens is more than adequate, I just prefer the color of the LED bulbs. I'll eventually switch to LED bulbs, but I wish I had the factory LED's.

Andress

Reaction score
I have to say, the truck looks really nice with the regular likes but if the LED lights is an option for you, go for it! They are really bright and night and just give the truck this updated mean look to it. No regrets, completely worth the money

Attachments

• 0F76565F-A73A-4B45-A372-3CC471B8B5D2.jpeg
    0F76565F-A73A-4B45-A372-3CC471B8B5D2.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 106

beefred00013

Reaction score
I think I have found the part that we have all been hoping to find and hopefully I’m correct part number is 68316085AG 68316084AG

Users who are viewing this thread