5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SprintBooster

Firebird

Reaction score
I got the sbdo1053s sprdo029 in the mail Friday. Did quick install. Turned truck on and check engine, stability control lights came on and truck would idle, but the throttle would not work at all. I took it off and all was well. Maybe I didn't get the plug in far enough, will try again this afternoon.

Be sure to let us know the outcome please.

aametzger

Reaction score
I installed mine last week. I had a little trouble getting the coupler to fully snap-in and got a check engine light because it wasn't fully seated. Once I got it fully seated I disconnected and reconnected the battery and all is good. I like the change in throttle response. I got it on sale during Black Friday for 230, and I am happy with the purchase. I run in race 6 right now but will be playing with settings to find the sweet spot.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shucks I’m a puppy compared to you folks as I’m only running in regular 3 mode lol.

aametzger

Reaction score
Shucks I’m a puppy compared to you folks as I’m only running in regular 3 mode lol.
LOL Well in fairness, I should probably turn it down some. Yesterday I took off from a stop sign with my wife in the car and accelerated like I used to before the SB (kinda forgot), and my wife grabbed for the handle and gave me a dirty look because it was a little aggressive on the takeoff. :D

Reaction score
Count me in on one of these , just installed about an hour ago . Truck is very responsive. Truck before this was an eco boost . The eco was tuned and I typically used the 93 tune ..... so coming from that to my crew can hemi is night and day .... I’m not saying that the hemi would ever stand a chance heads up , but with the booster it would def hang in there a lot longer. I’m running race 2 right now , very snappy , very responsive . Spins the 34’s very easily . Other than the throttle everything else is the same . Other than a down shift , it will down shift very quickly . Now if the Trans could have a quicker shift I’d be set.

aametzger

Reaction score
Count me in on one of these , just installed about an hour ago . Truck is very responsive. Truck before this was an eco boost . The eco was tuned and I typically used the 93 tune ..... so coming from that to my crew can hemi is night and day .... I’m not saying that the hemi would ever stand a chance heads up , but with the booster it would def hang in there a lot longer. I’m running race 2 right now , very snappy , very responsive . Spins the 34’s very easily . Other than the throttle everything else is the same . Other than a down shift , it will down shift very quickly . Now if the Trans could have a quicker shift I’d be set.
If you put the truck in tow/haul mode it helps with the shift points a bit. I don't run it in that mode much, but occasionally to give it a sportier shift (up and down) that helps... I realize it will run the mile counter up in tow/haul, but that doesn't bother me much. tow/haul + SB race 5 = big grin :D :D

jfcody3962

Reaction score
I also installed the SB yesterday. I like it so far. Def makes the truck feel more responsive. I like how it is adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread