5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SprintBooster

Damion

Reaction score
Im looking at getting one of these, but am finding conflicting model numbers for which one to get. Ive seen the SPRDO029 being used and the SBDO1053S is whats kinda listed for our trucks on the website ( all its listing for is the DT chassis )

So which one is actually the correct part number? I don't wanna throw the better part of $400 around on the incorrect part only to have to wait to get the correct one.

Thanks

stevestrike

Reaction score
Im looking at getting one of these, but am finding conflicting model numbers for which one to get. Ive seen the SPRDO029 being used and the SBDO1053S is whats kinda listed for our trucks on the website
The SBDO1053S is what I needed for my 2019 Laramie.

Pratherd

Reaction score
I’m also using the SBDO1053S on my 2019 Limited with good success.

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
Looks like they may be renumbering.
b8efe997c829fad7d6684be70c0068fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With all your experience, perhaps you could explain how monkeying with the throttle input can disable throttle lag that's BUILT INTO THE ECU? So far all I've heard from manufacturers or owners is "It just does." If I could find a reasonable explanation of how that happens, I might try one out. Without it, they might as well be selling bumper stickers that add horsepower--I'm not going to try it, because it makes no sense.

Wath the video in the first page, just the first minute and 20 seconds. The guy says the lag is built into the potentiometer in the pedal assembly. It's not in the ECU. The video clearly shows the complete elimination of any lag. So it's not just "amplifying the distance" that you push the pedal (1/4 inch of your movement then becomes 1/2 inch instead, or whatever), it's eliminating the slow response: "push the pedal in, the pedal responds immediately instead of 1/4 second later".

That video is impressive. However I worry that it is just a bench setup. However, if it's the case that the delay is built into the pedal's potentiometer, then I see no reason why a device the SB would not be able to correct that.

silver billet

Reaction score
Imagine this extreme example. You only push the pedal 1 inch forward, there's a 10 second delay, then the truck goes from idle to wide open throttle.

I watched the SprintBooster video and was immediately sold on the 1:1 throttle response. But I don't think that's the issue with these trucks. There is a delay from the time you move the pedal any direction and the truck reacts - it's about a 1/4 second. I didn't buy the SB but got the Pedal Commander instead, and it did not change this behavior. I don't think any of these electronic throttle programmers will fix that complaint.

What these throttle programmers will do is change how much oomph you get across your pedal travel. Want to push the pedal 1 inch and go WOT? There's probably a setting for that, and then obviously anything in between. So you can tune the pedal sensitivity to your liking, but not the responsiveness of changes in pedal position.

You must not have watched the same video then that I did. The video clearly shows the SB completely removing the delay. Rewatch the first minute + 20 seconds again.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like people are having troubles with the Pedal Commanders on that thread. Glad I went with the SPRINT BOOSTER.

redduck996

Reaction score
just orderd a SB today, cant wait. Tried looking on Amazon with no luck for my 2019. Ended up ordering from SB themselves. wonder what product code i'll be getting.

redduck996

Reaction score
need some help, just got my SB in and it does not appear like they sent me the right unit as the connectors are too small to fit onto my pedal connector. THe box designates the same ID as referenced above for my 2019 Ram 1500 but what they had sent appears to be a smaller sized dongle. I am wondering if I am trying to connect it to the proper location.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

My item # SBD01043S
SPRD0034

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your just trying to place it between the pedal and the cable to the pedal correct? It’s been awhile since I plugged mine in I remember it’s snug

PorBoy

Reaction score
You know what’s really sad is I double checked mine before placing the order. The invoice had a completely different number then what arrived. Fortunately for me the one I needed is the one that was sent. Not sure what’s going on with the swapping of part numbers. 01031601-6B89-4280-A441-8D47168B8C16.jpeg

redduck996

Reaction score
HELP!!!!

Just got mine yesterday, after install my check engine light came on. Has this happened to anyone else and how do I resolve? Maybe unplugging the battery??

Other than that the unit worked great, I have it set to Race 5 but might go down to Race 2 or 3 or maybe even Sport 7 or 8 as its pretty jerky for daily commutes. I do love how the hesitation/lag is gone .

TIA
peter

PorBoy

Reaction score
This makes me curious as mine was installed and all went well. Maybe try undoing it, then disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Once reconnecting the battery make sure no cel before installing again ?

stevestrike

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday, after install my check engine light came on. Has this happened to anyone else and how do I resolve? Maybe unplugging the battery??
Double & Triple check that the connection between device and the truck is completely tight. I first had issue getting the sliding plastic bracket to fit completely on the sprint booster device. It has to slide all the way to make the full connection.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That article written by a person who didn’t try it himself you can clearly see with your own eyes on the demo the throttle blade moves faster than without the SB. Why do tuners have the ability to speed the throttle up it’s no difference other than costs a lot more.
i recently went off road with my truck and for crawling around I shut the SB off to smooth out my pedal input however back on pavement I turn it on again and enjoy the increased responsivenes.
Driving the pos they do for over landing in Australia with there weighed down v6 just a hater.

jjs3788

Reaction score
Well, here is my experience. I just installed my Sprint Booster on my 19 6.7 and overall my impression is it's ok at best. I went straight to race mode 9 and went for a drive. In my opinion, I was not impressed at all. I really wanted to feel some difference down low and I did not. I'm guessing no matter how fast the throttle opens, it wont overcome the turbo lag, so I felt no difference at all. As far as once I'm already on the move and I hit it, yea, maybe a little I guess. $300 worth, no way, not to me. I will play with it a couple more days but I will probably end up returning it. Just my experience.

redduck996

Reaction score
thanks all, i uninstalled and reinstalled and eventually the light went away. I am liking the unit as I have been running on Race 4 and 5.

reggiejp3

Reaction score
I got the sbdo1053s sprdo029 in the mail Friday. Did quick install. Turned truck on and check engine, stability control lights came on and truck would idle, but the throttle would not work at all. I took it off and all was well. Maybe I didn't get the plug in far enough, will try again this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread