5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray Wax question?

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
It's probably wrong, but I just look at how the water is behaving and feel of the surface. If it's not smooth or beading water like it was, then it's time. I don't strip it ever. I have layered it up pretty good at this point i believe. Do two coats with a day or two in between. That should cover you for a bit.

How do you guys know when you can safely put another coat of seal and shine, or a ceramic spray on, or do you strip the previous layer off with something before you apply a new one? I've only ever waxed before and never removed it before waxing again, but I just picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax's Ceramic Spray Coating and I want to be sure I don't **** it up. Wanted to get something that would last through a Canadian winter so I got it.

Reaction score
It's probably wrong, but I just look at how the water is behaving and feel of the surface. If it's not smooth or beading water like it was, then it's time. I don't strip it ever. I have layered it up pretty good at this point i believe. Do two coats with a day or two in between. That should cover you for a bit.
So no clay bar or anything before applying? This is how I was hoping it would go. And are you using a ceramic spray, or a sealer?

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
heard some good things about this picked up at Advanced for 24.99$

Attachments

• E088437E-224C-4310-8595-6900792C24EC.png
    E088437E-224C-4310-8595-6900792C24EC.png
    528.8 KB · Views: 26

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
Sorry. Yes, i clay bar'd before applying. i didn't bother with full paint correction process though. Last stuff i put on my truck was turtle wax seal and shine (new formula) and then came over the top with of turtle wax spray wax (new formula) a day later after it "cured". Been the best combo for me yet. That said, i have used the turtle wax ceramic spray which was great. i have also used griots 3 in 1 and bead makers. having tried all those, the turtle wax combo i now have is perfect for me. I'll try some graphene sprays soon on my wife's palisade. Excited to see how that stuff holds up.

So no clay bar or anything before applying? This is how I was hoping it would go. And are you using a ceramic spray, or a sealer?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you guys know when you can safely put another coat of seal and shine, or a ceramic spray on, or do you strip the previous layer off with something before you apply a new one? I've only ever waxed before and never removed it before waxing again, but I just picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax's Ceramic Spray Coating and I want to be sure I don't **** it up. Wanted to get something that would last through a Canadian winter so I got it.
You won’t mess anything up, you can apply it as often as you want. It’s probably overkill tho since it will last for a few months. With that said, I apply similar product about every 2 weeks and my truck always looks great, but definitely not necessary from a protection standpoint. Not hurting anything tho other than your wallet lol. You can do a strip wash once before winter and then once after winter and then just make sure to reapply the ceramic wax or whichever protective product you want to use right after. Have fun!

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Turtle wax said is one of their product videos not to use the ceramic coating as a drying aid or put it in every few weeks, it will streak. If you are using the ceramic spray one, do a decon wash, I didn’t clay, but you can, apply a coat, let’s it sure for a day, do another coat, let it cure for a day before exposing to elements / rain etc. for maintenance wash, wash with whatever you choose, then use the ceramic wax spray or whatever it is called as a drying aid to maintain or rather put a sacrificial layer on top of the ceramic spray coating. I already have those, next will put a layer of bead maker just to see if that increases any gloss. Before late fall, do a decon wash and put another coating and hopefully that will
last almost Canada winter our here in ND

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it dries after the first coat. Either that or wait until you're ready to wash and wax again. Stripping wax off is never necessary, unless you're getting ready to sand or repaint your car/truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online