5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray Wax question?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that sometimes when I spray bottle wax on the truck, it leaves lines on there. But a few times it doesn’t. I shake whatever bottle I use between the 2 well before spraying it. Does this happen to anyone? I’ve always done as the directions says. I spray and not just a tad because a little goes a long way. Then I spread it and then wipe off with another clean microfiber towel.

Attachments

• FD639A04-FA2B-4805-B242-F2BAC4F3F447.jpeg
    FD639A04-FA2B-4805-B242-F2BAC4F3F447.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 0BF56BAC-4F58-4E0B-A858-4321430D3348.jpeg
    0BF56BAC-4F58-4E0B-A858-4321430D3348.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 66A3B169-4C6C-4637-BFF4-9CB0528A041C.jpeg
    66A3B169-4C6C-4637-BFF4-9CB0528A041C.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 7B1C994F-2669-4417-AE7E-F2557749977C.jpeg
    7B1C994F-2669-4417-AE7E-F2557749977C.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 124

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It usually happens if you miss it initially and let it dry. Usually another spritz and wipe will get rid of it. A black car is especially noticeably.

That's why I try to do one section at the time, making sure I don't let it sit for too long before wiping it off, otherwise I need to respray the area again to wipe it clean.

But a slightly moist (with water) microfiber will also work to removing those streaks.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that sometimes when I spray bottle wax on the truck, it leaves lines on there. But a few times it doesn’t. I shake whatever bottle I use between the 2 well before spraying it. Does this happen to anyone? I’ve always done as the directions says. I spray and not just a tad because a little goes a long way. Then I spread it and then wipe off with another clean microfiber towel.
Never had that issue and I use Meguiars Ultimate. You can also spray it on the microfiber and spread it on the truck to Avoid the issue.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great advice and suggestion. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nburd

Reaction score
I have just started using Turtle Wax Ice “spray and seal“ and so far, I am impressed. Works great on the granite crystal. I used it on my sons Delmonico Red ‘20 warlock while I grilled steaks the other night and wow, it really pops. It removes water spots and I did the whole truck in under 12 mins. If there was only a way to stop it from collecting dust after. For the streaking issue, I use a separate dry microfiber for the wipe off and fold it between each panel. When they occur I just wipe again with the damp cloth and then the dry again.

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
Agreed with respray and wipe or damp towel. That should do it. I would highly recommend the new formula of turtle wax seal and shine. Insane results and didn't think it could get better. Great stuff.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed with respray and wipe or damp towel. That should do it. I would highly recommend the new formula of turtle wax seal and shine. Insane results and didn't think it could get better. Great stuff.
I’m assuming you mean this one? If so, I’ll pick this bad boy up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 8C6E56A0-D5CC-4554-B84F-1B0678CA7F12.jpeg
    8C6E56A0-D5CC-4554-B84F-1B0678CA7F12.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 56

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inadequate buffing off of residual product before it dried, 100% the cause.

I've heard great stuff about TW Seal & Shine. Haven't tried it personally, but reviews are rave and its very cost effective. I personally am using The Last Coat v2 for my base coat every few months, and Beadmaker as a drying aid every wash (the gloss, depth, and slickness is insane, but durability sucks... hence why I use it every wash).

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it comes to Car Care I am what you would consider A " Car Care Product Junkie". Whether it be interior/exterior -wheels to windows I have tried every product out there. In my experience with spray waxes My Favorite is TW Spray as you dry. 718tTscKWNL._AC_SX679_.jpg Use it every wash.The application process is so simple and effortless without any hazing or streaking. I have the Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat and my truck is spotless every time. The key is to spray on your vehicle before it is 100% dry ( I always air dry my with my echo leaf blower) leaving just enough water to spray on then wipe off. End result = Deep Glossy Shine every time!
* I should note I use this product at the end of every wash to enhance/maintain my vehicle's current wax coat. Not to replace it... My current wax of choice ( after a thorough polish ) is Chemical Guys Hydroslick ceramic wax. chemical-guys-hydro-slick-6.jpg

badpewterz

Reaction score
i feel for you with black paint first off. the streaking is from over applying and it drying on the vehicle.
now to help for starters 2 MF towels 1 to apply and one to buff. spray 1 mist into towel and work 1 section at a time ( think hood as 4 sections) wipe on, wipe off with dry MF towel. also out of direct sunlight on a cool panel is best. IF you get streaking use a damp not wet MF towel and then dry with a dry MF towel. i have used seal n shine multiple times on black vehicles( side business) and this is what has always worked. once in a while if you still get some streaks that wont come out simply reapply 1 mist to application towel and immediately buff again with a fresh clean dry towel. never mist directly onto the paint.
i hope this helps

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
invest in GOOD microfiber towels. youll always have streaks if you're using towels from wal mart/autozone etc. those are terrible and are going to make the process a lot more difficult than it should be

Wsmith

Reaction score
I started using the turtle wax, sorry can't think of the exact name, that contains the ceramic. It was highly rated by "Pan the Organizer" on you tube. Don't know how good he is but has to be better than me. So far I really like it, shines good, beads good and I have not noticed any streaks. Granite metallic paint.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I started using the turtle wax, sorry can't think of the exact name, that contains the ceramic. It was highly rated by "Pan the Organizer" on you tube. Don't know how good he is but has to be better than me. So far I really like it, shines good, beads good and I have not noticed any streaks. Granite metallic paint.
Did you decontaminate your car , clay bar or polish it before applying said ceramic spray??

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
invest in GOOD microfiber towels. youll always have streaks if you're using towels from wal mart/autozone etc. those are terrible and are going to make the process a lot more difficult than it should be
Which ones would you recommend?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which ones would you recommend?
my favorite are griot's: https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-55586-Terry-Weave/dp/B01BD5F1EA/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1A6W3KVUIOJ8E&dchild=1&keywords=griots+towel&qid=1596738025&sprefix=griots+towe,aps,140&sr=8-9

you don't realize how big of a difference they make until you try them

these are also good, but are slightly smaller in size: https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-55526-Detailing-Towel/dp/B071GSC8WD/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=1A6W3KVUIOJ8E&dchild=1&keywords=griots+towel&qid=1596738090&sprefix=griots+towe,aps,140&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM044UTlWR041WDM2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjkyNzM5MkZDVUkwQTQ2RERJSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDIzNjIwMTM0NlFYOUtTRVdUSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

anything from Adam's polishes would be good as well.

I have the big yellow pack of microfibers from Chemical Guys, and those are pretty bad compared to my griots ones. i wouldnt use those on my paint because they streak so bad and im sure they're not as good in preventing swirl marks since theyre thinner. i use them for dirty jobs elsewhere on the truck

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my favorite are griot's: https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-55586-Terry-Weave/dp/B01BD5F1EA/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1A6W3KVUIOJ8E&dchild=1&keywords=griots+towel&qid=1596738025&sprefix=griots+towe,aps,140&sr=8-9

you don't realize how big of a difference they make until you try them

these are also good, but are slightly smaller in size: https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-55526-Detailing-Towel/dp/B071GSC8WD/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=1A6W3KVUIOJ8E&dchild=1&keywords=griots+towel&qid=1596738090&sprefix=griots+towe,aps,140&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM044UTlWR041WDM2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjkyNzM5MkZDVUkwQTQ2RERJSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDIzNjIwMTM0NlFYOUtTRVdUSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

anything from Adam's polishes would be good as well.

I have the big yellow pack of microfibers from Chemical Guys, and those are pretty bad compared to my griots ones. i wouldnt use those on my paint because they streak so bad and im sure they're not as good in preventing swirl marks since theyre thinner. i use them for dirty jobs elsewhere on the truck

What are your thoughts on this applicator pad for the spray wax? 6:33 mark.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this applicator pad for the spray wax? 6:33 mark.
i haven't used it so i cant speak from experience, but something like that should work well. the issue i think youre having is when your remove the product tho, which is when he's using the purple microfiber. That's when you would use a good quality microfiber towel, and you won't have any streaking since itll easily take all of the product off in one wipe

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wipe it a little better...
FYI...I bought the same seal&wax ice....found out it's not actually a wax....you're supposed to use it AFTER you wax. Use the regular "Turtle Wax ICE" spray wax.... you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Or try the chemical guys Blazin Banana spray wax...that's decent stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/