5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray Wax question?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wipe it a little better...
FYI...I bought the same seal&wax ice....found out it's not actually a wax....you're supposed to use it AFTER you wax. Use the regular "Turtle Wax ICE" spray wax.... you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Or try the chemical guys Blazin Banana spray wax...that's decent stuff too.
does it say that somewhere on the bottle? I've always understood that you should put the most protective layer down first. in this case ceramic is much stronger than old school wax. that's interesting if they recommend to wax it first. most ceramic/sio2 spray waxes ive seen are effective as stand alone products

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
invest in GOOD microfiber towels. youll always have streaks if you're using towels from wal mart/autozone etc. those are terrible and are going to make the process a lot more difficult than it should be
All microfiber towels are pretty much the same ..some might be a little softer than others but that's about it. It's all about how you use them and what cleaning/waxing product you're using.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All microfiber towels are pretty much the same ..some might be a little softer than others but that's about it. It's all about how you use them and what cleaning/waxing product you're using.
definitely disagree lol im comparing those cheap guys that come in a huge pack for like $10 at autozone versus ones that i sent . have you used something similar before?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does it say that somewhere on the bottle? I've always understood that you should put the most protective layer down first. in this case ceramic is much stronger than old school wax. that's interesting if they recommend to wax it first. most ceramic/sio2 spray waxes ive seen are effective as stand alone products
True, but honestly it was just trial and error for me. My truck is in the Vegas desert sun a lot so I definitely know a bit about maintaining my vehicle finish :ROFLMAO: But the seal and shine isn't all ceramic. There's a little bit of carnuba in it but not enough to use as a standalone. That's why I was recommending the regular ICE spray wax.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
definitely disagree lol im comparing those cheap guys that come in a huge pack for like $10 at autozone versus ones that i sent . have you used something similar before?
I have used the expensive mequire ones, and the Walmart 5 pack. The only difference i could tell (truthfully) is that the Mequire ones absorbed a little better. So I just use two of the Walmart ones for less $ instead of one Mequire towel.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh...and I swear that the spray wax protects better than the stuff like "mequires ultimate liquid wax" weird how that costs more money than the stuff that works lol. Poor R/T charger....:cry: giant bug gut stain on the hood forever...smh. Again... serious trial and error lol.

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
You should use the seal and shine (new formula) first and then come over the top with the new formula of turtle wax Ice. The combo is fantastic and I've used a lot from expensive stuff to cheap. The new formula of seal and shine added some carnuba to it as I understand and that provided some great smoothness and gloss. The seal and shine can go on anything.

These have been my favorite towels so far.

Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should use the seal and shine (new formula) first and then come over the top with the new formula of turtle wax Ice. The combo is fantastic and I've used a lot from expensive stuff to cheap. The new formula of seal and shine added some carnuba to it as I understand and that provided some great smoothness and gloss. The seal and shine can go on anything.

These have been my favorite towels so far.

Pretty much...you're basically blending the two together at that point.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i feel for you with black paint first off. the streaking is from over applying and it drying on the vehicle.
now to help for starters 2 MF towels 1 to apply and one to buff. spray 1 mist into towel and work 1 section at a time ( think hood as 4 sections) wipe on, wipe off with dry MF towel. also out of direct sunlight on a cool panel is best. IF you get streaking use a damp not wet MF towel and then dry with a dry MF towel. i have used seal n shine multiple times on black vehicles( side business) and this is what has always worked. once in a while if you still get some streaks that wont come out simply reapply 1 mist to application towel and immediately buff again with a fresh clean dry towel. never mist directly onto the paint.
i hope this helps
I usually use the two towel method and it works great. No residue or streaks.

nburd

Reaction score
Last night I hit the truck with Turtle wax detailer. A 10 minute application. It rained Tuesday on my way to work and with no mud flaps it left a lot of road grime. For my last wash (last Saturday) I used the TW Wax N dry and I agree it works well. Here are some "guess which other cars are in my driveway" pictures. Wow, this RAM paint really shines. Also my Son's Warlock is included. He only has 1 coat of TW Seal and Shine (nothing applied since he bought it in March) on his with an application time of 15 minutes last Sunday. I only have done my hood with Seal and Shine so far. BTW my youngest's F150 (I gave it away) got me another $1000 in rebates in buying the bighorn.
IMG_1873.jpg IMG_1874.jpg IMG_1875.jpg IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1877.jpg IMG_1878.jpg IMG_1880.jpg

badpewterz

Reaction score
Last night I hit the truck with Turtle wax detailer. A 10 minute application. It rained Tuesday on my way to work and with no mud flaps it left a lot of road grime. For my last wash (last Saturday) I used the TW Wax N dry and I agree it works well. Here are some "guess which other cars are in my driveway" pictures. Wow, this RAM paint really shines. Also my Son's Warlock is included. He only has 1 coat of TW Seal and Shine (nothing applied since he bought it in March) on his with an application time of 15 minutes last Sunday. I only have done my hood with Seal and Shine so far. BTW my youngest's F150 (I gave it away) got me another $1000 in rebates in buying the bighorn.
View attachment 64697 View attachment 64698 View attachment 64699 View attachment 64700 View attachment 64701 View attachment 64702 View attachment 64703
i spy a white cutlass G-Body ;) v8?

nburd

Reaction score
i spy a white cutlass G-Body ;) v8?
Yup Brougham V-8 with 3 speed T200C. . We got it in 2015 from a Family member in Fresno CA who bought it new. Factory R12 is still ice cold. Got the gold olds factory keychains, window sticker, invoice. 19,000 original miles. Had not seen daylight since 1990. My Son's first car and he will not sell it. We now have 32000 miles. Every show we enter in, it wins 1st place in the 80's category. We gave up because there are too many trophies. Pretty funny.

badpewterz

Reaction score
Yup Brougham V-8 with 3 speed T200C. . We got it in 2015 from a Family member in Fresno CA who bought it new. Factory R12 is still ice cold. Got the gold olds factory keychains, window sticker, invoice. 19,000 original miles. Had not seen daylight since 1990. My Son's first car and he will not sell it. We now have 32000 miles. Every show we enter in, it wins 1st place in the 80's category. We gave up because there are too many trophies. Pretty funny.
i had an 86 regal that i loved. nothing like good G-Body car. wish i didnt sell it as next owner wrecked it :(
keep that gem thats for sure!

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What spray do you guys use in between washes? Or whatever you guys use to maintain the truck clean.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What spray do you guys use in between washes? Or whatever you guys use to maintain the truck clean.
i use adams h20 guard and gloss as a drying aid. i wash and rinse, spray the h20 guard and gloss as i dry each panel, and my trucks protected for 6+ months and beads water like crazy. i do this at least once every 2 weeks tho :ROFLMAO: .
The stuff is easy to use and no streaking with a good drying towel.

you can use this inbetween washes just like a detailer as well

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, woke up at 6am. I strip shampooed this black beauty with a ph10 level shampoo. Then washed it with meguiar’s ultimate wash and wax. Then turtle wax seal n shine. Then turtle wax detailer. Big Shirley is shining!!!! No streaks either!!!

Attachments

• 3B0A6975-F143-4CEF-A173-69BE734F5054.jpeg
    3B0A6975-F143-4CEF-A173-69BE734F5054.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 260BB331-6B22-43A4-A489-3FB2677E62B0.jpeg
    260BB331-6B22-43A4-A489-3FB2677E62B0.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2937147F-65BB-4BA9-8CD4-ABB46675D592.jpeg
    2937147F-65BB-4BA9-8CD4-ABB46675D592.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 39

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing. If you spray on anything and wipe the truck when it has a little dirt on it...you're wiping dirt particles into the clear coat (like sandpaper). Only thing you should be using is a California duster in between washes....again...LOTS of trial and error on my part lol.

Reaction score
How do you guys know when you can safely put another coat of seal and shine, or a ceramic spray on, or do you strip the previous layer off with something before you apply a new one? I've only ever waxed before and never removed it before waxing again, but I just picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax's Ceramic Spray Coating and I want to be sure I don't **** it up. Wanted to get something that would last through a Canadian winter so I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread