5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Appearance without Sport hood?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my commute this morning I overtook a granite 19 Big Horn. I noticed the front end looked like the Sport appearance package, with the body color grille and bumpers - but it had the regular hood. Is the sport hood a separate option from sport appearance group?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Funny you say the classic is selling good, where I'm at my dealer said they can hardly move them. Must really depend on location. I have seen a ton more 5th gens around lately and it's nice to see!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny you say the classic is selling good, where I'm at my dealer said they can hardly move them. Must really depend on location. I have seen a ton more 5th gens around lately and it's nice to see!
There are some aggressive incentives at play too. You can see some emblazoned with up to $18,000 of MSRP when driving past the lot. I could have taken a 2018 Big Horn crew cab 4x4 for just under 35k. Just loved the new style too much ;)

Fornstar

Reaction score
Mine has the sport appearance package with the regular hood. Would love a sport hood, but dont want to pay for it, whatever that costs. Truck.jpeg

Reactions: Vic

Turin

Reaction score
Adding to what devildodge said, there's a "sport hood delete" option to keep the regular hood while getting the other elements of the sport appearance package.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adding to what devildodge said, there's a "sport hood delete" option to keep the regular hood while getting the other elements of the sport appearance package.
Nice to have the option! I see where some would want the cleaner look of the regular hood. I prefer the sport hood personally, but I do worry a bit that the plastic bits will fade over time. I owned an Avalanche, and that damn fading plastic literally ruined an otherwise great truck.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has the sport appearance package with the regular hood. Would love a sport hood, but dont want to pay for it, whatever that costs. View attachment 23011

Sure it could be ordered if you wanted to get it. But I think your truck is great the way it is! I’m really taking a liking to that Del red. I haven’t seen even one in person yet, but the photos here are excellent ;)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice to have the option! I see where some would want the cleaner look of the regular hood. I prefer the sport hood personally, but I do worry a bit that the plastic bits will fade over time. I owned an Avalanche, and that **** fading plastic literally ruined an otherwise great truck.

Yea, I like the look of the sport hood, but I would also worry about the black plastic fading, would really stand out on a black truck.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Lol, it keeps my detailer from having to look for a real job. :)

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^. Lol, it keeps my detailer from having to look for a real job. :)
I need to find a good detailer! Not gonna lie, I did one amazing wax job this weekend. But it’s a full time job keeping this thing clean. I’d rather do it myself than trust someone to take the same care I would...I just don’t always have the time.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now see I pay myself for my time and doing so makes me realize it’s cheaper to have my detailer do it. He lives in the next State over so I book ahead or I have my vehicles dropped off to him.

Yes, you did a fantastic job and it truly shows.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Anyone with an all black truck with the Sport hood care to post photos ? I’m trying to see if you can truly notice it on an all black vehicle ?

Users who are viewing this thread