5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Appearance without Sport hood?

cw_mi

Reaction score
I need to find a good detailer! Not gonna lie, I did one amazing wax job this weekend. But it’s a full time job keeping this thing clean. I’d rather do it myself than trust someone to take the same care I would...I just don’t always have the time.

I hear ya. I washed , ceramic paint sealed , then added a quick detailer on top of that yesterday on my truck. Started at 9, finished a 3, just washing and drying alone was an hour and a half.

Saints

Reaction score
I need to find a good detailer! Not gonna lie, I did one amazing wax job this weekend. But it’s a full time job keeping this thing clean. I’d rather do it myself than trust someone to take the same care I would...I just don’t always have the time.
Proven automotive concepts on David Dr. in Metairie. He can also do PPF for you.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My buddy’s shop wants to add lights to my hood vents. I’m not really feeling that, especially since I hardly ever go out at night anymore with this.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The waxing issue is a real problem, can be frustrating. I have yet to really wax this rebel, so much plastic.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Next time I wax I think I’ll try masking tape around the plastic inserts. Only way I can think of to get all the way to edge and not get wax on the plastics.

I waxed around mine and got just a little wax on one side. I used protectant 303 and the wax came right off and the 303 leaves a nice ulv protection and black luster coating. :)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My detailer uses painters tape around those areas. Allows him to do what he needs to without a ton of clean up afterwards.

Barney556180

Reaction score
A $250 credit to delete it, but I’ll bet they’d sell you one for over a thousand

When I was shopping for my “perfect” Laramie, my dealer scoured in-state inventory and offered to swap out a sport hood for regular if I wanted.

At first I didn’t want the sport hood, but my wife liked the look...so my new Laramie Sport sports the sport hood...

Don’s Auto Clinic in Cadillac MI was willing to do whatever necessary to deliver the truck I wanted, with either hood.

Last edited:

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was shopping for my “perfect” Laramie, my dealer scoured in-state inventory and offered to swap out a sport hood for regular if I wanted.

At first I didn’t want the sport hood, but my wife liked the look...so my new Laramie Sport sports the sport hood...

Don’s Auto Clinic in Cadillac MI was willing to do whatever necessary to deliver the truck I wanted, with either hood.
That’s a good dealer!

Users who are viewing this thread