5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer Calibration

Hebbie

Reaction score
Ok here we go. Purchased a 2020 1500 Laramie from the dealer in August 2020. 1st issue I had after about three weeks engine would misfire on 1st start up , took to dealer they had the truck for almost a month engine would misfire on multiple cylinders but yet no error code would appear due to it only happening on first start up of the day. I called FCA to let them know what was happening Finally mechanic took off the injector rails and pressurized them overnight reinstalled injectors been working fine ever since.
Now with that said, When I purchased the truck the dealer had put on a Mopar 3" lift and changed the tires to 35" on the factory rims.
I went on a trip out of town and was pulled over for going 82 in a 75 zone. So I take the truck to the dealer and ask if they calibrated the speedometer after they lifted the truck the answer I got was they didn't know it could be calibrated. I called FCA again for this issue they gave me a star code to give the mechanic at the dealer, Dealer calibrates speedo and the park assist sensors stop working , they say they have no fix for this, Got a call from FCA today saying it's a dealer issue and I need to take it up with them since they did the modifications prior to me buying the truck, so now I have to do that but FCA did offer me an extended warranty which is cool but I still have to figure this out with the dealer, My opinion is it's a brand new truck and everything that came with the truck should be functioning, that's what I paid for. Any thoughts on how I should bring this to the dealer without them just saying Oh we'll just put the stock tires back on and you'll be good to go, that is not how I bought the truck from them , should I lawyer up for this or ask them to give me my money back

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok here we go. Purchased a 2020 1500 Laramie from the dealer in August 2020. 1st issue I had after about three weeks engine would misfire on 1st start up , took to dealer they had the truck for almost a month engine would misfire on multiple cylinders but yet no error code would appear due to it only happening on first start up of the day. I called FCA to let them know what was happening Finally mechanic took off the injector rails and pressurized them overnight reinstalled injectors been working fine ever since.
Now with that said, When I purchased the truck the dealer had put on a Mopar 3" lift and changed the tires to 35" on the factory rims.
I went on a trip out of town and was pulled over for going 82 in a 75 zone. So I take the truck to the dealer and ask if they calibrated the speedometer after they lifted the truck the answer I got was they didn't know it could be calibrated. I called FCA again for this issue they gave me a star code to give the mechanic at the dealer, Dealer calibrates speedo and the park assist sensors stop working , they say they have no fix for this, Got a call from FCA today saying it's a dealer issue and I need to take it up with them since they did the modifications prior to me buying the truck, so now I have to do that but FCA did offer me an extended warranty which is cool but I still have to figure this out with the dealer, My opinion is it's a brand new truck and everything that came with the truck should be functioning, that's what I paid for. Any thoughts on how I should bring this to the dealer without them just saying Oh we'll just put the stock tires back on and you'll be good to go, that is not how I bought the truck from them , should I lawyer up for this or ask them to give me my money back
Hi @Hebbie, our team just did get the chance to respond to your private message after the long weekend. Please continue to work with us there in order for us to assist, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have read where others have had issues with parking sensors after a lift. You might search the Suspension section on this forum or post your thread there for more input

Morenar

Reaction score
Take a look at this

ramchaser

Reaction score
The "approved" method to change the tire size and have park sense work is to buy an option code from the dealer that is uploaded to your vin. Then the WiTech 2 is used to rebuild your BCM config for the change to take place. MSRP is $150 to have this done.

Users who are viewing this thread