5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spark plug change - 2019 Ram 1500 w/ 5.7

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Finally got around to changing them this week at 103K miles. The spark plug tool mentioned worked great for all but two plugs. No way to get it to fit the two right near the brake booster. I had to put a spark plug socket in the hole, then attach a short extension, then a swivel adapter, and then the ratchet. I did those two and the back two on the drivers side first, and those 4 took about 2 hours and lots of cuts and scrapes. Called it a day after those 4. Did the other 12 today in about 2 hours. The other 4 on the drivers side were still a pain due to hoses, lines, and close wrapped wire bundles. All 8 on the passenger side were super easy in comparison.

Changed the PCV valve and cabin air filter today too. Glad this is finally done.
If you still have those spark plugs you replaced, can you put a feeler gauge to them and report the gap now that they have 103K miles of use on them? TIA

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Havnt done mine yet but snap on sells a double swivel spark
Plug socket wonder if that whould help in the tight area
It’s worked well for me over the yrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online