5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Horn with Lock (2nd Press)

Eric306

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer....they said its unheard of. Things should work as designed, not intermittently

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is two weeks old and the push twice on the remote to lock and get a honk has never worked.

Tonight I followed the instructions on post #16 and it now honks on the second press.

@RamCares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer....they said its unheard of. Things should work as designed, not intermittently
Last time I fixed it was Tuesday. And today no longer working.
Greetings,
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Please follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Ram Cares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is two weeks old and the push twice on the remote to lock and get a honk has never worked.

Tonight I followed the instructions on post #16 and it now honks on the second press.

@RamCares
Greetings,
We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Rob
Ram Cares

Eric306

Reaction score
Well, looks like my dealer will be getting a call on this issue along with a blurry(distorted) dimming drivers mirror

Reaction score
2022 Ram 2,500 miles and yesterday after pulling my trailer the horn stopped honking on 2nd press. Made me nervous that the alarm wasn't being set so I had to physically walk back over to it and make sure the red light was blinking.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
2022 Ram 2,500 miles and yesterday after pulling my trailer the horn stopped honking on 2nd press. Made me nervous that the alarm wasn't being set so I had to physically walk back over to it and make sure the red light was blinking.
Where is this blinking light located? I haven't ever noticed one on my truck.

Reaction score
Mine is on the upper right side of the guage cluster. It definitely flashes when after i press the lock button twice. Still haven't figures out how to get it working yet. Turned it off then on then off again then on then 1st click beep and then 2nd still nothing

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Has anyone found out why this is happening?

I love how people say pm but when you do it’s pretty much call the dealer.

Has anyone been able to fix this permanently?

drono58

Reaction score
It doesn’t appear a permanent fix has been identified.

I’ve had mine reset by the dealership at least 3x’s during the past year when being serviced. The last time I was told to take it in during the week when technical support was available to help troubleshoot.

Did that earlier this month, and they acknowledged the issue and updated the software - done! Well, it stopped working again after 2 weeks just like before.

I’m going to try the steps on post #16.

BjBnet

Reaction score
If you don't like the horn when locking then this thread is not for you so move along, to put it nicely.
My 21 Tradesman just it did tonight. Almost 30k kms. I always need the horn confirmation because I can't see my truck lights due to being parked in front of my trailer.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Mine started this nonsense again this week as well as lost presets and volume controls all lowered again. WTF are the updates doing other than screwing up what is already set? @RamCares you have responded above, but what is the permanent solution to this? Hate to say it, but my Chevy or my Ford never lost the horn function or presets. If this was a one time occurrence and the software update actually did something useful I’d be fine with it, but it’s to the point where I stopped using presets because they won’t stay preset. The changing of the volume setup drives me insane and the horn function that I use to make sure the truck locked is now useless too. Pretty sad for such an expensive vehicle to have basic features that are so unreliable

stevenstraw

Reaction score
My solution has been to disable it. Lock the truck with fob. Enable one press = honk. Lock with fob. Enable two press = honk.

This has cleared my glitch twice now. No rhyme or reason why it stops working.
This works - 2022 Limited

Users who are viewing this thread