5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry, MD is not the South

GFK51

Reaction score
I always believed that Maryland was the northern part of the south.

mophead

Reaction score
Let's settle this once and for all. I live a mere 10 miles south of the Mason-Dixon. I can go 9 miles north to the Ballpark Diner and get served grits with a smile. Oh and wash it down with sweet tea.... nuff said, sho nuff SOUTH, discussion closed.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Let's settle this once and for all. I live a mere 10 miles south of the Mason-Dixon. I can go 9 miles north to the Ballpark Diner and get served grits with a smile. Oh and wash it down with sweet tea.... nuff said, sho nuff SOUTH, discussion closed.
I just did some googling. 51 IHOPs, 12 Waffle Houses. It's not the south.

mophead

Reaction score
I just did some googling. 51 IHOPs, 12 Waffle Houses. It's not the south.
BUT it's a very small state and both a waffle house AND an IHOP are less than 2 miles away. So you COULD drive your lawn tractor to either AND there are 3 liquor stores and a Dollar General on the way. Stick a fork in it.

brenan00

Reaction score
A lot of Hun's and Sug's from the waitresses bringing sweet tea.
Visiting Annapolis the last four years felt like I could be in North Carolina. (Cary, NC LOL.)
Containment Area for Relocated Yankee's

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technically Maryland is on the south side of the mason dixon line, but most Marylander's don't consider themselves southerners. I was born in Maryland and spent a good part of my childhood thier, I do miss it at times, it was nice being on the Chesapeak bay for fishing and crabbing. The ocean was not to far.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PA is it's own region. Yinzers on the west, Philly on the east, and Alabama in the middle.
So if you live near Pittsburgh Pa anything south of the Burgh yinz would be south and dont walk off the path because the jaggers (thorn bushes) will stick ya. So relax and have a pop (soda).
True story, 30 years agoi was in the swiss apls on a incline, and i heard a man use yinz in a sentence. I walked over to him and said holy **** are you from the burgh? He was, i felt like a huge hick, then I thought big deal im in swiss apls! 🤣 look at me now buying a ram like a big shot!

mophead

Reaction score
Two lights plus up from you, near Rocks State Park. Been in Harford County for 63 years, been moving north ever since to avoid the crowd.
62 years here. We likely know one another. Your 2500 truck pic is familiar. Of course kinda typical too, LOL

Last edited:

Haneyrm

Reaction score
I was born and raised in southern maryland. People there definitely believe they are from the south. Same if not worse for those from Tennessee.

I’ve lived almost as far south as you can get in the cont U.S. for the past 30 years and it’s more like the north. I think Georgia and Alabama are considered the deep south. They forget there’s another 400 miles of country south of them.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was born and raised in southern maryland. People there definitely believe they are from the south. Same if not worse for those from Tennessee.

I’ve lived almost as far south as you can get in the cont U.S. for the past 30 years and it’s more like the north. I think Georgia and Alabama are considered the deep south. They forget there’s another 400 miles of country south of them.
Welcome! I grew up there also, and just moved back last year. For as much is a hated it for being rural(ish) back then, I love it now for the same reasons. It pretty much is like a little pocket of people who think they are in the South though.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
The only map that was correctly displayed in your screenshot was the touropia dot com map.
Everyone knows Texas is a standalone state.
We're are our own region.
🤣🤣
Same with Florida :LOL:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread