5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
6000 rpms. In the mustang it puts out 450 HP.

I'm not a ford fan in the slightest, but the 5.0 has always held its own pretty well against the 5.3 and 5.7 as well. My brother has a 2013 5.0 f150 and its no slouch.
Oh yea, the five O motor is tried and trued. I had one in my 89 f150. It’s the only part of that truck that didn’t break. My current company truck, 2013 f150, has one too. It does well, but it’s a turd compared to my ram. Not the same in the stang of course.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well gee, you better inform 5thgenram editors then:
How long did you search for an old article from over two years ago? Once again, repeating ignorance does not make you right, or help your case.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yea, the five O motor is tried and trued. I had one in my 89 f150. It’s the only part of that truck that didn’t break. My current company truck, 2013 f150, has one too. It does well, but it’s a turd compared to my ram. Not the same in the stang of course.
The current 5.0 isn't the same motor as your 89 F150 had.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How long did you search for an old article from over two years ago? Once again, repeating ignorance does not make you right, or help your case.

It was two seconds. Here are two posts from members on this very forum calling it "srt":

And ... here is an article from 5th gen rams discussing this very idea. Oh wait. It's more than a year old. Guess that completely invalidates it now.

silver billet

Reaction score
Different forum. I can google this to death but why bother?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Different forum. I can google this to death but why bother?

You're right, why bother. As I've said before, repeating ignorance doesnt make it right.

And the last article you linked in previous post was from same writer as the first ones and he now says "SRT based" instead of just calling it the SRT 6.4. Seems even he is smart enough to realize he had it wrong before.

silver billet

Reaction score
You're right, why bother. As I've said before, repeating ignorance doesnt make it right.

And the last article you linked in previous post was from same writer as the first ones and he now says "SRT based" instead of just calling it the SRT 6.4. Seems even he is smart enough to realize he had it wrong before.

I love how you focus on that article saying "SRT based" instead of the point of the article (which was, putting that SRT engine in the ram 1500). I can post more links from this forum, and a ton from ramforum. My "why bother" is in reference to your inability to admit when you're wrong. As I said, I've been here a while.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love how you focus on that article saying "SRT based" instead of the point of the article (which was, putting that SRT engine in the ram 1500). I can post more links from this forum, and a ton from ramforum. My "why bother" is in reference to your inability to admit when you're wrong. As I said, I've been here a while.
Seems you are the one the the inability to admit calling it a SRT 6.4 is wrong. Even the editor of the two articles you linked corrected himself in the second article.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OMG you guys, enough already. This thread has gotten so far into the weeds I can't even see the shore anymore. I for one am still waiting to hear what the actual big thing that's coming is.
The answer was posted long ago. It's the new forum.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The "other" brands offering N/A and turbo, I can only assume you are referring to Ford, which the N/A option of the 5.0 isn't any better than the 5.7 in the Ram. The Ecoboost motors at still the higher performance options.

And nobody knows what the engine life will be on the Hurricane as it's a new engine. Using new technology.

There are lots of turbo engines renowned for long life. They are diesel engines. Ram uses one of the best. Its not the turbo itself that reduces engine life it's how one drives their vehicle.
I remember my first Ram test drive, where I lamented that the 6.2L in the Denali felt like a lot more engine. The sales rep immediately countered that “You’re not talking apples to apples” and “Ram offers the 6.4L for that”. I replied, “Not in the half ton, they don’t !”

And here we (still) are. I never asked for an SRT. I was just looking for a bit more motor. If the Power Wagon had a 5th-gen cab, that might have been my choice.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I’m not sure the turbo reliability is really an issue. While I love my 5.7 Rebel and the way it sounds (and hopefully remain reliable to 200K), my 2013 F-150 with the 3.5L TT has been very reliable now with over 175K miles. It’s had down pipes, intake, exhaust, and been tuned since 1K. It makes 375/500 to the wheels. It’s leveled on 33’s and has spent quite a few miles pulling an 8500 lb travel trailer. It’s seen a dozen or so 1/4 mile passes and quite a few 4x4 boosted launches from lights embarrassing some pretty respectable cars. It gets 4K semi-synthetic OCI’s and still doesn’t use any oil. I still prefer pulling my travel trailer with it over the Rebel. Reliability was definitely a thought when I purchased it. But, it’s not any more.

E41707B2-37C0-4249-9B5F-63C10C98CC94.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread