5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GMC recently announce an investment into a new small block v8, what are the chances RAM will follow considering the etorque is pretty new and I am correct that the hurricane engine is gonna be put into the 1500 or I am miss inform
it would be fun a small v8 turbo, something like a v8 4L turbo or enven smaller displacement, would get the economy when not working hard and the power when working

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it would be fun a small v8 turbo, something like a v8 4L turbo or enven smaller displacement, would get the economy when not working hard and the power when working
Going small displacement, why do you need to stick with a V8? They are getting V8 power out of the Hurricane straight sizes. And if you try and say you want the V8 sound, small displacement V8s don't sound like what people think of when you talk about the V8 rumble

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going small displacement, why do you need to stick with a V8? They are getting V8 power out of the Hurricane straight sizes. And if you try and say you want the V8 sound, small displacement V8s don't sound like what people think of when you talk about the V8 rumble
i know, but the sound is still nice, like the mercedes amg or some audi, but they could also sound like ferrari and that would be weird in a truck

you're right about going smaller, cant wait to see what the hurricane HO will do in the ram

was just adding to what jl13 said, if it wasent for the hurricane(if it didnt exist) they could of when small v8 turbo,

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a Chevelle with a 283 when I was in high school. I loved how that small displacement V8 sounded with Hooker headers and burned out glass packs. :love:

Pale Al

Reaction score
It is exciting to see full electric vehicles being made and I would like to test drive one for sure. To purchase one is ludicrous. They are way too expensive. The battery technology is still not up to par. We will realize how messed up the infrastructure is when we have to pay a fine for topping-off the batteries during peak usage time. The best way to avoid the upcoming chit show is simply not to buy a ticket!

My Hemi will be the last powerplant for me...

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GMC recently announce an investment into a new small block v8, what are the chances RAM will follow considering the etorque is pretty new and I am correct that the hurricane engine is gonna be put into the 1500 or I am miss inform

Yeah, they’re doing Hurricane in the Ram. I don’t think it’s hybrid though, right? Just twin turbo I6?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They'll probably never do it with a V8. It'll be something weird like an asymmetric 12-stroke V-3. 🤪

Lol Yeah, I don’t think we’ll ever see a hybrid V8. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had one of those V6 TT in my 2013. While it made plenty of power and pulled like a diesel, it was still a thirsty little girl. A 3.5L V6 in a 6K pound truck is always working hard.
I cry everytime I think about the suv I bought my wide. It's 6600 pounds with nothing inside, and has a 3.5l v6. It coasts on flat ground great unlike my truck with etorque that's drags the engine soon as I take my foot off my gas but besides that it gets even worse mpg then my 3.92 gears in city and highway.
We need more v8 for larger vehicles, not smaller engines with turbos that don't last 150k miles.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cry everytime I think about the suv I bought my wide. It's 6600 pounds with nothing inside, and has a 3.5l v6. It coasts on flat ground great unlike my truck with etorque that's drags the engine soon as I take my foot off my gas but besides that it gets even worse mpg then my 3.92 gears in city and highway.
We need more v8 for larger vehicles, not smaller engines with turbos that don't last 150k miles.
The pickup has become the soccer mom mode of transportation. Guys with man buns think that a truck makes them a "REAL MAN", so the truck market is exploding. Everyone wants one because it is the NEW thing. So, manufacturers still needing to meet the EPA requirements for fuel consumption standards has to do something. Most of the people buying trucks haul groceries, so the makers, in order to meet the EPA standard for all production models, is putting smaller, fuel efficient engines in trucks. No power, aluminum skins and body work, to save weight, and worthless for real work. It would be great if they also offered a powerplant that could haul weight instead if potato chips, and give work trucks a reason to have the name. KEEP THE HEMI!!!!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pickup has become the soccer mom mode of transportation. Guys with man buns think that a truck makes them a "REAL MAN", so the truck market is exploding. Everyone wants one because it is the NEW thing. So, manufacturers still needing to meet the EPA requirements for fuel consumption standards has to do something. Most of the people buying trucks haul groceries, so the makers, in order to meet the EPA standard for all production models, is putting smaller, fuel efficient engines in trucks. No power, aluminum skins and body work, to save weight, and worthless for real work. It would be great if they also offered a powerplant that could haul weight instead if potato chips, and give work trucks a reason to have the name. KEEP THE HEMI!!!!
I confess I'm guilty of hauling groceries. But in my defense, I can also ferry my sons and all their luggage in comfort to the airport, I can haul enough tools and parts for work, I could tow something someday (I do have towables). And the kicker - I could do all those things at once! Lets see you do that with a Prius. :p

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
i dont anticipate having any issues towing my groceries with the hemi ill have. :)

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys with man buns think that a truck makes them a "REAL MAN", so the truck market is exploding

All the man buns I see are stuffed inside a tesla or similar.

Trucks are definitely used more by families, but why wouldn't they be? Can you blame people for being attracted to a large, capable, luxurious highway cruiser that can fit their family in comfort with room to spare and still tow the RV or make home depot runs?

It's literally the perfect vehicle if you're in rural areas, gets a little tighter in the city at times but most of us make it work.

I have no problem with the hurricane coming to Ram. But I don't see why they can't offer us the 6.4 SRT at the same time as an upgrade.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Trucks are definitely used more by families, but why wouldn't they be? Can you blame people for being attracted to a large, capable, luxurious highway cruiser that can fit their family in comfort with room to spare and still tow the RV or make home depot runs?

It's literally the perfect vehicle if you're in rural areas, gets a little tighter in the city at times but most of us make it work.

I have no problem with the hurricane coming to Ram. But I don't see why they can't offer us the 6.4 SRT at the same time as an upgrade.
I agree.
I think it might have to do with where you live. I have never seen a guy with a man bun around here. I also only see a Tesla rarely on the road and it's generally a very old elderly lady driving it or a younger girl.
Tons of Prius with guys around here though.
A truck is a tool. So you make fun of home owners who purchase Milwaukee tools even though they don't need as good of a tool and could likely just get away using black and decker?

I am still curious what the big new was suppose to be. It's been weeks. I wonder if it was a test to see how long a thread could exist without going EV crazy?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Because the twin turbo hurricane make more HP and torque than the 6.4l

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Because the twin turbo hurricane make more HP and torque than the 6.4l
It would be interesting to compare their duty cycle ratings. There’s a reason the GM 6.2L wasn’t available in their HD trucks…the cast iron 6.0L had much better longevity in that application…despite the HP and torque advantages of the 6.2L.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be interesting to compare their duty cycle ratings. There’s a reason the GM 6.2L wasn’t available in their HD trucks…the cast iron 6.0L had much better longevity in that application…despite the HP and torque advantages of the 6.2L.
The reason people buy SRT models isn't for longevity.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The reason people buy SRT models isn't for longevity.
I would agree with that.
A naturally aspirated engine will always last longer then one with a turbo or supercharger.
The hurricane twin turbo is closer to the 6.2L and not counting sound should be a complete upgrade.

But comparing it to the 6.4.... The 6.4 should last a a much longer time without needing to be ripped apart and rebuilt.

I still don't see a reason why they are going to offer a straight 6, and not offer the SRT though. How is that any different then the Pentastar, hemi, and ecodiesel they offer now? 3 completely differnet engines on a 1500. I think they are getting rid of the ecodisel on the 1500s right? Are they going to offer a Pentastar and Hurricane only? My as well buy a Ford at that point they have more experience with v4-6 and turbos then Ram and will far likely outlive a g1 Hurricane.

Just make the Hemi standard, Hurricane an option, and an SRT as an option. It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread