5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone with Ram 1500 2020

Alex2014

Reaction score
How it works your 2020 Ram 1500?
Have quality problems?
Please share your experience with your 2020 Ram 1500.

Toothninja

Reaction score
Only had mine three weeks, but I haven’t had any issues at all. Drives like a dream...especially when compared to my “old” truck, 2015 Ram 2500.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Only had mine three weeks, but I haven’t had any issues at all. Drives like a dream...especially when compared to my “old” truck, 2015 Ram 2500.
So far no issues, but also only had it a week. I don't think the 2020's have been in customer hands for all that long at this point to get a feel for quality. But keep in mind that there are issues with any vehicle in any model year. Part of building 600k-700k vehicles a year with how ever many shared parts with other vehicles means the suppliers are making 1M+ parts a year for these vehicles. Bound to be issues, no process is perfect.

Beatle9999

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for a week. No issues, the cabin rattles a little from the music with the Harmon Kardon especially from the rear. I’m curious and worried about possible water leaks but crossing my fingers that I don’t have issues with the panoramic moonroof. The multifunction tailgate and the brackets are kinda annoying if trying to get a cover. But overall I’m happy with my Laramie.

Alex2014

Reaction score
So far no issues, but also only had it a week. I don't think the 2020's have been in customer hands for all that long at this point to get a feel for quality. But keep in mind that there are issues with any vehicle in any model year. Part of building 600k-700k vehicles a year with how ever many shared parts with other vehicles means the suppliers are making 1M+ parts a year for these vehicles. Bound to be issues, no process is perfect.
Thanks to share your experience. Enjoy your new Ram.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Thanks for share your experience. Enjoy your new ram.

Alex2014

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for a week. No issues, the cabin rattles a little from the music with the Harmon Kardon especially from the rear. I’m curious and worried about possible water leaks but crossing my fingers that I don’t have issues with the panoramic moonroof. The multifunction tailgate and the brackets are kinda annoying if trying to get a cover. But overall I’m happy with my Laramie.
Thanks to share your experience. Don’t worry about the cabin rattle remember they are a subwoofer. I don’t know issues about water leaks. If the rattle increases visit your dealer to keep track. Enjoy your ram.

Havana Joe

Reaction score
Just hit 200 miles on mine...Still have not found the sweet spot adjusting the lumbar support. :)

HUGE jump in all ways compared to my 2006 colorado.

varnerme

Reaction score
A couple of weeks in. Love the truck. Very minor rattle on certain bumps and seems to be coming from the panoramic sunroof. Otherwise everything seems 100% good. Reading about all the uconnect issues and crossing my fingers those don't appear!

Jim L

Reaction score
Had mine since mid October and so far love it zero issues but must admit concerned about all the rear window cracks and leaks. Very happy with my truck!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
500 miles and 11 days. Been back for issues with auto-dim headlights, ram box lids are warped, USB ports act funky, power side steps don't always retract, vibration around 55 for the first few miles. Ram isn't making a high quality product and their quality control is very poor.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I’ve had my Laramie 2020 sport 4 x 4 since September! No problems at all! It will not remote start using the Uconnect app but neither would my 2018 jeep JL wrangler. I’ll put all of that on Uconnect!

Flyrod11ft

Reaction score
Looking at about 5 weeks with mine. Zero issue so far. Ride quality is better than my 16 outdoorsman was. Time will tell that’s for sure. Had no issues on the 16 either so hope this one repeats. 2020 bighorn

OmniMan

Reaction score
I have had my 2020 for a few weeks and just started having a popping noise when I am slowing down. It happens when it downshifts to first gear. Right before I come to a stop. Usually pops twice. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the truck. I don't know if it's the rear end, transmission, or rear brakes. Definitely not normal. Anybody else hear that? At first I thought it was something loose in the bed of the truck.

tigercat74

Reaction score
One month with my 2020 Limited and I have had no problems so far. Almost 1600 miles.

C0ps

Reaction score
Purchased 1 month ago. Drove from canada to florida and back. Put on 4000 miles to date. No issues besides my wife getting jealous that I spend more time with the truck.

Last edited:

ram5181

Reaction score
Got a 2020 Laramie Crew Cab 4WD 5.7 3.92 rear at beginning of December after trading in a loaded 4th Gen 2009 that was a great truck.

I do not find this truck as comfortable to drive, partially because the steering wheel is off centered to the left of the drivers seat and I do not find the seats as comfortable as the 2009. I drove a new Ram before I purchased, but after living with it for a short time, I am not sure I will keep this truck. Not really interested in driving it as much as the old truck. Also surprisingly this truck feels slower than the 2009. The only thing keeping me from trading it off or selling is the financial loss that I will take. Additionally, there is nothing else on the market that interests me in the pick-up category

I might just need some extra seat time to give it a chance to grow on me.

Nice truck with great features, but so far I am not overly impressed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had my 2020 for a few weeks and just started having a popping noise when I am slowing down. It happens when it downshifts to first gear. Right before I come to a stop. Usually pops twice. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the truck. I don't know if it's the rear end, transmission, or rear brakes. Definitely not normal. Anybody else hear that? At first I thought it was something loose in the bed of the truck.

Hello OmniMan,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern with your new 2020 Ram. If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Laura
RamCares

flyingron

Reaction score
I have had mine since just before XMas. No problems with the truck itself. The thing that passes for a manual in the glove box is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread