5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some photos from the local dealer

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The local dealer has a real nice selection right now. Should go over and see what the chances are they would let me test drive a selection. I checked the Rebel out extensively at Carlisle. It is an awesome truck.

And this one is granite crystal, and it just blends the black rebel grille in perfectly, the powerwagon wheels and tires look great.

Glad you decided on the limited @Jared B, but my decision process is all bungled up again.

The 5th Gen Ram is a Homerun in my book.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the Ivory paint. Any info on the "bug shield" on the hood? Semi-Intriguing........

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the Ivory paint. Any info on the "bug shield" on the hood? Semi-Intriguing........

Available in both black and chrome, I was impressed with how sturdy they were and they really fit nicely as well. As you can see from some of the pictures though you can see the fasteners from below, not sure how I feel about that. I'm generally not a fan of bug deflectors but out of any that I've seen these fit the best and flow with the lines better than any others.

https://moparonlineparts.com/1500-hood-deflector-chrome-p-8643.html

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Did you see any difference in the body color bumper and the body with the Ivory Tri-Coat? Seeing some earlier pictures showing a difference has held me up on White. Thoughts? Great work by the way and thank you from a newer member!

i have 2 ivory-tai coats where i live. no issue with body/bumper colours. great paint job imho.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer to see if they had anything new in that might be close enough to what I'm looking for without having to wait for my order to come in.. They finally got a bunch of etorque's in and some more sport models but the they were either crew cab with long bed or quad cab and I am going for Crew Cab short bed. Got some nice comparison shots with my 14. Some people say the 5th gens looks smaller but I don't really see that. The fenders are higher in the front which gives it a bigger look to me.

Attachments

• Rams1 (2).jpg
    Rams1 (2).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94
  • rams2.jpg
    rams2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 95

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer to see if they had anything new in that might be close enough to what I'm looking for without having to wait for my order to come in.. They finally got a bunch of etorque's in and some more sport models but the they were either crew cab with long bed or quad cab and I am going for Crew Cab short bed. Got some nice comparison shots with my 14. Some people say the 5th gens looks smaller but I don't really see that. The fenders are higher in the front which gives it a bigger look to me.

one of the trucks looks like it has attitude -the other (due to the round headlights) looks a little "scared":cool: you decide(y)

D

Deleted member 85

I've seen those comments as well which is why I posted the shot of the bumper and the body. The color didn't look off to me, seemed like it matched up well.
Look at the one I sold - in person it was way off, and in this photo even you can tell;

36852923_10160549661445331_8578421322277715968_o.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You don't need much elbow grease after removing the badges. Try this.
Learned the technique from Darren Priest on Youtube. Works wonders. All you do is stick it in your drill and go to town. It 'erases" the dried up glue and it's scratch free.

Cheers,
Neurobit

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So what's at the top of the potential order list?

Sorry I missed this until now. Limited in Ivory white with body colored bumper group and all the option boxes checked aside from the tow package and ramboxes. I might do a Longhorn instead to get the black/new saddle interior though. Either way it will be one of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread