5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some photos from the local dealer

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting pretty close to ordering so I just went to a local dealer with a good selection to compare a few different trims and colors that I'm considering in person. The dealer was closed and I could drive right onto their lot so I took the chance to shoot some pics. My truck really looks dated compared to the 5th Gens.

DSC00310.JPG DSC00311.JPG DSC00312.JPG DSC00313.JPG DSC00314.JPG DSC00315.JPG DSC00316.JPG DSC00317.JPG DSC00318.JPG DSC00319.JPG

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with what others have said that you have to be fairly close up to see the metallic in the ivory, from farther away it looks basic white. That said I do like it, its not overdone and "creamy" looking like some whites can get.

I don't really like bug deflectors but I will say that this mopar one felt pretty solid and integrated into the lines well. Still not my thing but I don't think people that want them would be disappointed with it.

Really digging the look of the Canadian Sport and am partial to blue streak as I'm sure most of you would guess, the sport hood looks awesome.

rjrugby11

Reaction score
Did you see any difference in the body color bumper and the body with the Ivory Tri-Coat? Seeing some earlier pictures showing a difference has held me up on White. Thoughts? Great work by the way and thank you from a newer member!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you see any difference in the body color bumper and the body with the Ivory Tri-Coat? Seeing some earlier pictures showing a difference has held me up on White. Thoughts? Great work by the way and thank you from a newer member!

I've seen those comments as well which is why I posted the shot of the bumper and the body. The color didn't look off to me, seemed like it matched up well.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what's at the top of the potential order list?

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I'm not buying the "Almost ready to buy." You want a 2500HD.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
As far as I can tell only one has landed locally.
Did you notice any quality issues with panel alignment? How about the front bumpers, are the gaps even? The tail light close up shot on the white truck looks like it is not seated properly with a bigger gap on one side. What is your overall impression of the quality of these trucks?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you notice any quality issues with panel alignment? How about the front bumpers, are the gaps even? The tail light close up shot on the white truck looks like it is not seated properly with a bigger gap on one side. What is your overall impression of the quality of these trucks?

I noticed the part on the taillight as well, that was on that while Laramie Quad cab. Overall the body alignment looked good to me on every one that I looked at, aside from the aforementioned taillight on the one truck nothing else stood out to me. I've spend a day with a Laramie Crew with the 8.4 UConnect and 24 hours with a Limited crew with the 12 inch screen. Aside from the rear cross traffic alert slamming on the brakes for me when I was in reverse on the Laramie (We thought it was probably due to the license plate hanging over the blind spot monitor) I haven't noticed anything bad in terms of quality. They feel and look much better built than the 4th gen trucks.

As we all know there are a few common initial issues with some members trucks but I believe that Ram is actively working to resolve initial quality issues on the line. Other than that they seem like solid trucks to me, enough so that I'll be ordering very soon.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a Rebel in sight:LOL:

151 Rebels listed on Car Gurus. Only 50% are actually on the dealers lot. As far as I know, I was one of the first Rebels in my area to be delivered... sadly still at local railyard as of this morning. Pathetic.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Loving that ivory, that dark grey doesn’t look too bad either.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
151 Rebels listed on Car Gurus. Only 50% are actually on the dealers lot. As far as I know, I was one of the first Rebels in my area to be delivered... sadly still at local railyard as of this morning. Pathetic.

Yes I also did a search within 100km of me. 10 in transit. 1 at dealer 80km away that I went in looked at. Thunderstorms from hell so I couldn't really crawl around it and it was a sold order so again I didn't want to crawl around in it when I was all soaking wet. The only thing I did notice is it had the all weather mats(red Ram's head) included in it so I don't have to order those.;)

Users who are viewing this thread