5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLO PERFORMANCE REVIEW

dvrdn

Reaction score
Hello it sounds GREAT .. I have run solo performance on my 2012 and 2016 ford f150 both 5.0 litres , now you got me thinking of running one on my 2019 ram 1500 sport ..what part number is the direct fit muffler? thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I finally got my solo performance direct fit muffler for my 2020 ram 1500. Since I'm better with words and voice (somewhat) I made a video about it lol...check it and my other videos out below.

Sounds great man.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I finally got my solo performance direct fit muffler for my 2020 ram 1500. Since I'm better with words and voice (somewhat) I made a video about it lol...check it and my other videos out below.

Any drone ? My 18” Magnaflow droned between 1400-1600 RPM, which was 45-50 mph. I spend a lot of my drive time in that range. The older the muffler got , 2-3 years old, the worse the drone got. I’m looking for one step louder than stock and a quiet interior. Wonder how their QR300 sounds, thx.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
Been running the Solo Performance muffler delete for awhile. Still have all the resonators with the weep holes plugged. Mild drone at ~ 1600 rpm under load.

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Been running the Solo Performance muffler delete for awhile. Still have all the resonators with the weep holes plugged. Mild drone at ~ 1600 rpm under load.
Hey, did you notice the cold start is INCREDIBLY LOUD in winter cold weather (-28 in canada) it's insanely loud. Is their a break in period, if so how long and how is it after that?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
What are the weep holes being plugged mean?
Each resonator has 4 holes in them for drainage (two in the front and two in the rear) that some say make it sound like there's an exhaust leak. I just plugged them with some hi-temp permatex to eliminate the possibility.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
Hey, did you notice the cold start is INCREDIBLY LOUD in winter cold weather (-28 in canada) it's insanely loud. Is their a break in period, if so how long and how is it after that?
Cold starts are a bit on the loud side, but nothing terribly obnoxious. Never seen a -28° temp down here in FL. 😬

I have the straight pipe Solo so there's nothing to break/wear in.

Jeeper

Reaction score
Just installed the Solo performance muffler delete with the M300 resonator option. Sounds amazing so far. Nice and deep...you know it's there at start up and when on the throttle. No drone that I have heard so far. I also kept the factory resonators at each tail pipe tip in place. Very pleased so far.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Installed the QR300 SOLO system on my truck, their quietest version. Only hear it in the cab during medium to hard accell and no drone at all. Very happy.

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Just installed the Solo performance muffler delete with the M300 resonator option. Sounds amazing so far. Nice and deep...you know it's there at start up and when on the throttle. No drone that I have heard so far. I also kept the factory resonators at each tail pipe tip in place. Very pleased so far.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Well written man, I agree!

Scjshaylen

Reaction score
I had a Solo Cat Back system on my ‘07 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and LOVED IT!!! Sounded awesome.
Considering getting a Solo for my Ram, just need to decide on which one.

Users who are viewing this thread