Solid back window

Mopar_maxi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make a replacement solid back window for these 5th gen 1500s?

If/when my rear window frame gets the dreaded crack, I would rather replace it with a solid window and be done with it.

I have yet to see a 5th gen 1500 with a solid back glass.

LimitedGRR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make a replacement solid back window for these 5th gen 1500s?

If/when my rear window frame gets the dreaded crack, I would rather replace it with a solid window and be done with it.

I have yet to see a 5th gen 1500 with a solid back glass.
Apparently FCA will not approve a warranty repair replacing the window with a solid one. Apparently it would violate the warranty since it was not repaired to original. Dealer told me the issue would be with trading in or selling the truck since the truck would have slider controls for the rear window but the solid window would not have the ability to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopar_maxi

Reaction score
Apparently FCA will not approve a warranty repair replacing the window with a solid one. Apparently it would violate the warranty since it was not repaired to original. Dealer told me the issue would be with trading in or selling the truck since the truck would have slider controls for the rear window but the solid window would not have the ability to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t use FCA. I would purchase the window myself and have a shop install out of pocket. If need be, get a tradesman “map light” without the stupid button.

Much better than a cracking rear window frame that FCA has not found a solution for.

STR

Reaction score
Something I wouldn’t be worrying about until it happened. Who’s to say that a solid window wouldn’t crack as well. Unlikely, but it could happen... That’s like replacing a power window with a crank window because the motor might go bad.

Mopar_maxi

Reaction score
Something I wouldn’t be worrying about until it happened. Who’s to say that a solid window wouldn’t crack as well. Unlikely, but it could happen... That’s like replacing a power window with a crank window because the motor might go bad.
If you read it correctly, I said IF/WHEN my frame cracks.