5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold my 2019 Ram 1500 :( What's next??

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Yeah you're right... Other brands are not going to be flawless but maybe they offer better features or better all-around trucks...

I loved it and I was only thinking of extending the warranty after the 36k-mark but I couldn't.
Usually I sell when the B-B warranty expires but sometimes I keep them until the powertrain warranty is up... I like having new vehicles and the warranty expiration just motivates me to trade them in :D
I got a MY 19 I bought early when they 1st came out in 2018. Got 18K on Odometer now, great truck, my only issue was the AC of course. I just bought a Maxcare warranty for another 5 years , that is how much I like this truck even with my lowly Bighorn Trim. Heck, I had the truck 3 weeks, and took a 4050 trip. Best riding vehicle for a trip I have driven in. I took a trip up North in my Kids Honda Civic once, THAT WILL NEVA HAPPEN AGAIN.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO, very humble, if U can afford to pluck 92K down on a truck, mileage probably not a consideration.
The one I looked at last week in the dealer showroom was $77k, which was the same price as the fully loaded limited they had.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The one I looked at last week in the dealer showroom was $77k, which was the same price as the fully loaded limited they had.
I would have bought that without any hesitation. The dealer I bought my Laramie from last June wanted $115k for a TRX. My Laramie is $65K.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would have bought that without any hesitation. The dealer I bought my Laramie from last June wanted $115k for a TRX. My Laramie is $65K.
Yeah that’s why I mentioned it- I couldn’t believe what I was seeing for the msrp.
My laramie was $69k

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can see them taking a bite out of sales from the big 3 with this new truck. How much remains to be seen

Chevy and Ford and Toyota truck owners are the most brand loyal buyers in the entire world, us Ram guys are far less so. I doubt they grab any sales from GM/Ford with a face as hideous as that. Ram owners, possibly...

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Chevy and Ford and Toyota truck owners are the most brand loyal buyers in the entire world, us Ram guys are far less so. I doubt they grab any sales from GM/Ford with a face as hideous as that. Ram owners, possibly...
GM owners apparently like hideous faces, so maybe. 😜

DSPS

Reaction score
My next truck is the Rivian.. with the 400 miles pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two of my good buddies were GM only guys. One of them bought a Tundra this year, the other will be getting one next year

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What draws me to the F150 the most is the power... Ram is a heavy cow compared to them, they are lighter and have sh*t ton of torque... I was really impressed with the 3.5EB and even the 5.0...
Chevy has the 6.2 and it's too, faster and more powerful than the Hemi...
I think I like the 2022 Chevy interior better than Ford...
Exterior-wise, I still think that the Sierra Denali is by far, the best looking truck out there.
Ride quality: Sierra does something that feels more smooth to me, I don't know what is it, it just feel better than the Ram(could be because I usually drive the standard suspension in the Ram and not air suspension).
Ford is not as smooth as Ram or Chevy but they are very good, too. and quieter.
Though call man....
I have always been a Chevy guy. The 5.3 is ok, but nothing like the 5.7 in the ram. I’ve seen others post about the Ford having more power then the 5.7! It could be, I don’t know, but this 5.7 is the funest, quickest truck I’ve ever driven! Not sure why anyone would think they need more speed or power? With that being said my 19 ram was a lemon, I went out and drove all other trucks and decided I like the ram the best! I will never keep this 21 ram past the basic warranty!!! Think tundra Trd pro sport for me next! It’s a hard choice, I do love the ram when they don’t have issues! Good luck!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have always been a Chevy guy. The 5.3 is ok, but nothing like the 5.7 in the ram. I’ve seen others post about the Ford having more power then the 5.7! It could be, I don’t know, but this 5.7 is the funest, quickest truck I’ve ever driven! Not sure why anyone would think they need more speed or power? With that being said my 19 ram was a lemon, I went out and drove all other trucks and decided I like the ram the best! I will never keep this 21 ram past the basic warranty!!! Think tundra Trd pro sport for me next! It’s a hard choice, I do love the ram when they don’t have issues! Good luck!
Every single engine option Ford has to offer except for the 3.3l is faster and torquier than the Hemi... it's not slow by any means but they need to step up their game... their game was always power and speed - Not with the Ram...

silver billet

Reaction score
Every single engine option Ford has to offer except for the 3.3l is faster and torquier than the Hemi... it's not slow by any means but they need to step up their game... their game was always power and speed - Not with the Ram...

The 2.7 has far less horsepower and less torque than the 5.7. It may feel strong off the line because the torque hits quicker in the rpms, but in a drag race it can go either way depending on rear end of each truck and equipment. Guys on this forum have reported beating 2.7's though the other way is certainly possible as well. However, in a drag race keep in mind that it's not just engine vs engine but truck vs truck, the Ram is significantly heavier on average than the Ford is, so the 2.7 has a strong advantage just due to packaging, so at that point it's not a fair comparison if you're just comparing power outputs of both trucks and saying "the hemi is week"; it's not weeker than the 2.7, it's just pushing hundreds of pounds more, for a start.

And finally... the Ford is fast, but it's a weak motor in terms of durability. Even Ford does not put turbos in their heavy duty trucks, though the 3.5 turbo makes more power than the 7.3 does. Remember that, and remember that the 5.7 hemi is the only engine in a half ton that was also used for years in a heavy duty truck. No other half ton engine ever did, so that should tell you something about the strength and reliability of the engine. Ford can keep their turbos, I'm really not interested in paying top dollar for a weak motor that happens to go fast. I'll move directly from my hemi to electric in about 10 years if the grid/system is good enough by then.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Ford has all truck manufactures best in terms of power to mpg with their Ecoboost. The HEMI can’t touch it. But Ford is so overpriced. You can’t get a new f150 nicely optioned without touching 65k even on lesser trim models. The 5.3L Chevy is weak but the 6.2L is amazing. Toyota new IForce twin turbos just announced for the new Tundra also beat the HEMI in terms of power and mpg. Checks new interior looks really good. They all have plus and minuses. I do wish the HEMI had better MPG but the air suspension ride and overall looks and interior and feel of it is the positive trade off.
Ram will be moving to a twin turbo design in the coming years. They are all doing it.

silver billet

Reaction score
Ford has all truck manufactures best in terms of power to mpg with their Ecoboost. The HEMI can’t touch it.

Not true at all. If you're comparing turbo vs hemi, the turbo can deliver better MPG, but I personally have no trouble beating some Ford turbo guys (my hemi record is 25 mpg, 100% highway over 3 hours).

If you're comparing working the truck, as in pulling a trailer, the hemi destroys any Ford turbo for MPG. The second you get into boost, your MPG is worse than the hemi.

And finally, you mentioned "hemi" at the end but you're forgetting that Ford doesn't offer diesel anymore whereas both GM and Ram have diesels which destroy the turbos in terms of MPG, no comparison in either city, highway, or towing.

So it's all about what you're doing with the truck, and how you drive it.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Ram because it has the best ride, best interior, best storage, best looks, best new value for my money, best exhaust note (modded) and it's way more than capable to do the truck things that I ask of it. Lost interest in juvenile stoplight challenges years ago and the Hemi mpg's are more than acceptable to me since my old Titan averaged about 12. Next time I'm in the market to buy, though, Ram will have to earn it again.

All that said, I really wouldn't have minded a 6.4 480-ish hp option... "just because". 😇

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The 2.7 has far less horsepower and less torque than the 5.7. It may feel strong off the line because the torque hits quicker in the rpms, but in a drag race it can go either way depending on rear end of each truck and equipment. Guys on this forum have reported beating 2.7's though the other way is certainly possible as well. However, in a drag race keep in mind that it's not just engine vs engine but truck vs truck, the Ram is significantly heavier on average than the Ford is, so the 2.7 has a strong advantage just due to packaging, so at that point it's not a fair comparison if you're just comparing power outputs of both trucks and saying "the hemi is week"; it's not weeker than the 2.7, it's just pushing hundreds of pounds more, for a start.

And finally... the Ford is fast, but it's a weak motor in terms of durability. Even Ford does not put turbos in their heavy duty trucks, though the 3.5 turbo makes more power than the 7.3 does. Remember that, and remember that the 5.7 hemi is the only engine in a half ton that was also used for years in a heavy duty truck. No other half ton engine ever did, so that should tell you something about the strength and reliability of the engine. Ford can keep their turbos, I'm really not interested in paying top dollar for a weak motor that happens to go fast. I'll move directly from my hemi to electric in about 10 years if the grid/system is good enough by then.
I'm comparing full-size trucks. I wasn't comparing a Ram 1500 to a Toyota Supra... It is a fair comparison.
You don't compare horsepower because it doesn't matter, The F150 is faster and more powerful because it has less fixed weight to deal with(and Turbocharged. And Turbo is king when it comes to torque). To make a good truck you don't just give it some power numbers, you have to give the powertrain a good and balanced platform. Ram is just a heavy truck with a little more HP than a much lighter and better all-around F150 with 2.7L EB.

Users who are viewing this thread