5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software update

HemiCane

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone tell me how to check my software version, also is there a way to update the unit or is that something the dealer has to do. ?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
go to driveuconnect.com and click on support and then Software Update and enter your VIN. It will tell you if you have the latest or offer you the latest.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
go to driveuconnect.com and click on support and then Software Update and enter your VIN. It will tell you if you have the latest or offer you the latest.
No, it won’t (it’ll tell you lies) :)

@HemiCane - Hold your fingers on the outermost icons at the bottom of your screen to access system info.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hear things should notify you of ny update you might need

Awood05

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was an OTA update pushed recently? My truck shows my software version as 20.29.13, but doesn’t say when it updated to that. A couple of days ago I noticed a “behavior” change with my system. That has me wondering if there was an update or if I’m just crazy.....probably both.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I have a 2019 rebel with the 12, and I still have yet to receive an update. I’m on 18.45.40

Also shows nothing available on the Uconnect site.

tdeperte

Reaction score
Don't know what the latest version is but my 2019 with the 12 inch has had a non working navigation system since last November. Many calls to the dealer who keep stating don't bring it in we don't have a fix yet. Many calls to Ram Cares and Uconnect and nothing but a run-around and finger pointing. They finally started to advise in early February 2021 that there would be three updates to fix many of our issues. The first two updates would be over the air starting in April. The third and final update must be done by the dealer after the first two over the air updates are completed. I haven't received the first over the air update and calls to Uconnect to advise the person I was dealing with about this and she said she would look into the issue and get back to me. She did not. Calls left on her voicemail have not been returned. I have countless phone calls, promises, appointments broken by the dealer, lies, and I'm still sitting here six months later with a non working Navigation system that I paid for and is under supposed warranty and hasn't been fixed. Pissed doesn't even begin to address my feelings toward Ram. I should have had a new radio or whatever it takes put in a long time ago, whatever it takes to honor the warranty.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2019 with the 12 inch has had a non working navigation system since last November. Many calls to the dealer who keep stating don't bring it in we don't have a fix yet. Many calls to Uconnect nothing but a run-around. They finally started to advise in early February 2021 that there would be three updates to fix many of our issues. The first two updates would be over the air starting in April. The third and final update must be done by the dealer after the first two over the air updates are completed. I haven't received the first over the air update and calls to Uconnect to advise the person I was dealing with about this and she said she would look into the issue and get back to me. She did not. Calls left on her voicemail have not been returned. I have countless phone calls, promises, appointments broken by the dealer, lies, and I'm still sitting here six months later with a non working Navigation system that I paid for and is under supposed warranty and hasn't been fixed. Pissed doesn't even begin to address my feelings toward Ram. I should have had a new radio or whatever it takes put in a long time ago, whatever it takes to honor the warranty.
@RamCares

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Don't know what the latest version is but my 2019 with the 12 inch has had a non working navigation system since last November. Many calls to the dealer who keep stating don't bring it in we don't have a fix yet. Many calls to Ram Cares and Uconnect and nothing but a run-around and finger pointing. They finally started to advise in early February 2021 that there would be three updates to fix many of our issues. The first two updates would be over the air starting in April. The third and final update must be done by the dealer after the first two over the air updates are completed. I haven't received the first over the air update and calls to Uconnect to advise the person I was dealing with about this and she said she would look into the issue and get back to me. She did not. Calls left on her voicemail have not been returned. I have countless phone calls, promises, appointments broken by the dealer, lies, and I'm still sitting here six months later with a non working Navigation system that I paid for and is under supposed warranty and hasn't been fixed. Pissed doesn't even begin to address my feelings toward Ram. I should have had a new radio or whatever it takes put in a long time ago, whatever it takes to honor the warranty.
I went through the same stuff with them, I got mine replaced. They had my truck for a month I refused to drive it and the dealer gave me a loaner. They eventually replaced the radio and made a month payment for me. I could not imagine going as long as you have. Not that it would help. But you could look through my previous posts. Because it’s all not fresh I my head.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
I agree, that is total BS

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I was just looking for my system software version but I can’t find it under system? Navigation shows
7c69480a03f9ff58e437a358b3ab4e40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awood05

Reaction score
I was just looking for my system software version but I can’t find it under system? Navigation shows
7c69480a03f9ff58e437a358b3ab4e40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hold the ‘back cam’ and ‘usb’ buttons at the bottom of your screen for 10 seconds. This brings up Dealer Mode. It’ll show your software version.

tdeperte

Reaction score
Well, to add insult to injury after reading through these threads I have discovered that I have no GPS signals. Apparently that means this is a hardware issue that no update will fix. Which means had my truck even been looked at and diagnosed properly they would not be telling me over and over for months to wait for the updates. The fix is to replace the defective hardware (Radio) and I will be leaving the truck at the dealer until they fix it, period. Can't play nice with these people anymore.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, to add insult to injury after reading through these threads I have discovered that I have no GPS signals. Apparently that means this is a hardware issue that no update will fix. Which means had my truck even been looked at and diagnosed properly they would not be telling me over and over for months to wait for the updates. The fix is to replace the defective hardware (Radio) and I will be leaving the truck at the dealer until they fix it, period. Can't play nice with these people anymore.
This could still be a s/w issue. *If* you wanted to give your dealer a chance and isolate the issue to FCA, you could visit them and ask them to show you the FCA documentation which identifies and links the loss of GPS signal to a s/w issue that they are currently working on. At worse the dealer might even troubleshoot the rf path from the antenna to the receiver if they haven't actually do so already.

I don't see how leaving your vehicle with the dealer provides them any more incentive, even if they give you a loner, if the fix is out of their hands. It's like the old saying goes, "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

dengland

Reaction score
Argh... Same offline issue here on my 2020. It was very frustrating on a recent trip. This entire lack of support with the NAV and maps hasn't gotten any better than it was when I had a 2014. I wish I could learn a lesson.

My Version is 20.04.19
Maps of 18Q2

If I think back, offline started in the general vicinity of the 1 year Guardian free trial.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread