5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software Update Suggestions to RAM

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The auto-fold feature is my favorite Tazer feature. Has worked flawlessly since the day I installed it...very happy!

JPLomax

Reaction score
The auto-fold feature is my favorite Tazer feature. Has worked flawlessly since the day I installed it...very happy!

Mine too.... just wish it worked properly on mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You may want to unmarry it and start over like a fresh installation...there should not be any glitches in how it operates.

JPLomax

Reaction score
You may want to unmarry it and start over like a fresh installation...there should not be any glitches in how it operates.

I was hoping that the new firmware would have fixed it! It didn’t. I’ll take your suggestion and Un-marry/re-marry it. However, I’m thinking it is the mirror itself. It is way too easy to get it to pop out of its “lock”.

JPLomax

Reaction score
You may be spot on and it could very well be the mirror!

Ya, I unmarried it and remarried it to no avail. It works fine when I put the truck in ACC or RUN. But when I simply press the brake and start it the motor on the drivers side doesn’t even try to move the mirror. The passenger side is flawless. When I shut down the motor the drivers side operates and bounces the mirror in and out a couple inches until it stops in its already in folded position. I also notice when the mirrors are in the out position and I shut the truck engine off, that the driver side fold motor runs significantly longer than the passenger side. Seems to be overrunning the fold motor and it slips the gear. It bounces back out and into the folded position by a few inches, a few times until it finally settles to fully folded. . It doesn’t do this with the OEM switch ever.

Users who are viewing this thread