5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is ending it’s free trial on July 24 and I’m on the fence about renewing the Uconnect. I’m not renewing the Sirius XM part since I use amazon music for my music (no ads or nutty DJs to listen to).

I can see the value in the Uconnect but am wondering what you guys and gals decided to do at renewal time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdemarco

Reaction score
What does everyone mean by renewing Uconnect? do you mean the remote lock/unlock, or the sirius weather ....

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does everyone mean by renewing Uconnect? do you mean the remote lock/unlock, or the sirius weather ....
It’s renewing the phone app to be able to start your truck from tour phone and lock it and all that.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford’s is free and has a boatload more features. Sirius Guardian is an absolute rip off, specially since it does not work so well.
That’s the more infuriating part is other MFGs have the same service with more to offer and don’t nickel and dime us for this basic service. That’s a big part of the reason I haven’t renewed it.

vdemarco

Reaction score
I also will not be renewing it. the most interesting part is the tracking, but that really isn't even reliable. My wife took the truck out for a drive, and i tried looking up where she was with the uconnect app. It only could find her by the time she was back home.

I have no use at all for remote start, i live in California, its never that cold. If i moved Canada then maybe it would be interesting then.

Seems kind of useless to me.

Goomba

Reaction score
That’s the more infuriating part is other MFGs have the same service with more to offer and don’t nickel and dime us for this basic service. That’s a big part of the reason I haven’t renewed it.
Ok, I'm not sure why most of us are complaining because it was a choice we made the purchase the vehicle. That being said, I do agree that given the cost most of us paid for our vehicle, heck even if it was a $20,000 vehicle, those are things that should not be nickel-and-dimed. That being said, the Wi-Fi, if your manufacturer doesn't go through AT&T like FCA, for instance Ford, Lexus, Lincoln or Toyota, go through Verizon which is like 70 bucks a month & I'm paying $20/month for unlimited. That is not bad at all to me but I remember when I kept looking for a truck that had the Wi-Fi, I had a lot of salesman tell me well you know it's not free, it's like $25 a month or something like that. I said, do you know how much these trucks cost? Anyway, my year won't be up until December so I've got another 5 months however by then I do not believe I will have the truck anymore. I just spent too much money & cannot get insurance that costs at all what I think it should. I pay so much for the insurance I can't really afford to keep the truck. If I could get the insurance lower, almost significantly lowered, I would probably keep my truck. I have one ticket yet for some reason it's extremely high. I got a quote on a minivan, $200 less but for a Subaru & a Civic, which this REALLY surprised me, Subaru was about same as what I pay per month now & the Civic was $500 a month versus the $360 I'm paying now.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know we learn a lot of the bad about various things in a forum, as a lot of people like to try to get help on a forum, so we read of a lot of issues. However, in this case, this thread might be more of a realistic implication that there is a very high percentage of owners that do not renew this service. You would think they would get the hint and make the cost more reasonable. I wonder if they are like SiriusXM and will negotiate... as I never pay more than $72 per year for any vehicle.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know we learn a lot of the bad about various things in a forum, as a lot of people like to try to get help on a forum, so we read of a lot of issues. However, in this case, this thread might be more of a realistic implication that there is a very high percentage of owners that do not renew this service. You would think they would get the hint and make the cost more reasonable. I wonder if they are like SiriusXM and will negotiate... as I never pay more than $72 per year for any vehicle.

So far it’s trending like 95% towards not renewing. Should have made this a poll question. And I wish they would try to at least bundle Sirius XM and Uconnect and maybe make it an attractive bundle. I’d be willing to pay 10-15 a month if I had Sirius radio as well as unconnect. Beyond that if I need roadside assistance I can StateFarm roadside assistance and they’ll help. Plus since it’s my insurance, I won’t have to screw around with reimbursements etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dandar

Reaction score
It was hit or miss when it worked. Last time I tried remote start it never started my vehicle and didn't notify me of any errors. Might as well use the keyfob. I actually used the send & go feature more than the remote start but it works fine with just telling it the address once you're inside the vehicle. Either way Sirious XM is a ripoff. Compared to Ford and GMC where the same services are free it absolutely is a ripoff and there is no way in hell I'm renewing it.

Users who are viewing this thread