5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slim's 2019 Ivory Limited

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The bed utility group was an option just like the ram box option. It’s two seperate things but you can get both options. Ram box msrp was 995 and bed utility group msrp was 445

Whereas in previous years everything was included with Rambox option for $1195.:LOL::LOL: That was their big point when it was released this year that Rambox went down to $995 and they didn't tell you that you had to add the BUG to get everything that was on previous versions. So now it cost $1440.:D

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whereas in previous years everything was included with Rambox option for $1195.:LOL::LOL: That was their big point when it was released this year that Rambox went down to $995 and they didn't tell you that you had to add the BUG to get everything that was on previous versions. So now it cost $1440.:D
And even at that they are shipping w/o the bed extender knobs

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my ride today after 126 days and let me tell you the wait is well worth it! RAM knocked it out of the park with this one.

1. The ride is incredible. I have been worrying if I made the right decision on getting the 22 inch rims. I live in New England and I am in snow country. The roads are not in great shape here in many places and these tires and my air suspension handled the road easily. I took it on some pothole filled roads and rough terrain on the way home and I think it rides better than my 2015 with 20 inch tires. Bottom line----If you are worried about the 22 inch tire ride. Don't be! But I'll assume you have air suspension ;)

2. Whipser quiet cabin. Maybe a bit noisy towards the Pano Roof, but just close the shade and problem solved

3. HK Harmon Radio---YES I was probably the first to complain here about the loudness issue when I test drove a Limited back in early May. If the stereo was rated at 900 watts I felt it was putting out 350-400 watts on the loudness level. In my truck I am happy to report I think the loudness is up to 750-800 watts. (using watts for loudness comparison sake) It could use another SMALL bump but now I am pretty happy with it. I tried AM/FM and SiriusXM and the loudness was much better. Did they do anything different to the stereo system since I test drove it? No idea. I just know I didn't like the loudness in the one I test drove.

4. RamBox. I think these are slightly bigger than the previous years. Light above the box instead of on the side is a thoughtful design. Another Home Run!

5. Wireless phone charger. Needed to play with it a bit but I love this. So practical and easy access to boot.

6. Fit/Finish and Paint. This probably should should be #1 on my list. I checked every square inch of this truck. They had it inside when I got there and I looked it over from every angle. When I took the final delivery outside I again did the same. I must say I can't find any problem with my Ivory paint, No scratches to be seen and the interior was flawless in every respect.. The passenger side RamBox sat a bit high, but the dealer made a few adjustments via the adjustment screws inside the RamBox and it sits much better. It is not too far off of a perfect flush finish now. Once the rubber seal is broken in I think it will be just fine. The RamBox opens and closes with ease. No problems. I checked and my tailgate cords are the same length on both sides!

7. A/C----I checked the air conditioner and found it to be perfect.. I ended up setting it at AUTO 70 where I usually have it on my 2015 and it performed just as well as my previous model. I even got a little cold on the way home :) Very Happy!!!

8. UConnect. I really need to read the owners's manual on this. I played with it on the way home but couldn't give it my full attention while driving. So many options!! I love the split screen

9. Automatic side steps. Perfect height. Maybe a little loud but much better than the fixed version on my 2015.

10. So far---NO CLUNK!

11.. E-Torque disabling feature- See below

Neutral

1 E-Torque. I have never had a vehicle with stop/start. My truck appeared to work as designed. Seem to be a slight shudder during operation but not super annoying by any means.
I found I liked it in with traffic if stopped at a traffic light etc, but I got stuck in a stop and go highway traffic jam situation on the way home and because of the creeping forward all the time I disabled it. I think in the long run I will like it, but it might need to be disabled for those highway type situations. The E-Torque is ready to go before my foot leaves the brake and gets to the gas pedal. Definite Plus!

Negative

1. This will be a short list!

2. My RamBox Bed divider never got delivered (WTF!) with the truck and I am missing the Bed Extender knobs like others here. My dealer has already put in the order for these parts and I am expecting them in about 7-10 days

Well my friends that is my delivery and 40 mile driving review. I hope to add more as I go along. Hope to read all of yours now that production seems to be ramping up!

Here are a few picks. Enjoy View attachment 4540 View attachment 4541 View attachment 4542 View attachment 4543
Well I just turned a 1000 miles today. I thought I would share a few observations and thoughts.

1. I love the E-Torque. I have learned how to work the brake pedal in the times I don't want it to shut off. The stop/start is pretty seamless. I do notice that when coasting downhill the truck decelerates pretty rapidly even in top gear. I realize this has "regenerative braking" but if I am not pressing the brakes why is is decelerating? I think this is hurting my gas milage. If I can't find an answer here on the forum, I will probably have that looked at through the dealer. I am averaging 16.6 mpg so far in a healthy mix of city, rural and highway driving. I ultimately would like to see around 19 mpg if possible.

2. My air suspension will not rise automatically above the aero mode after leaving the entry/exit mode. I had that checked at the dealer. They are waiting for feedback from the Ram Tech line. (Case open). Works fine in manual mode.

3. Harmon Kardon stereo working excellent. I could use a 10% boost in volume but I am happy with it after my initial complaints on my test drive vehicle. I can post my radio info if someone can tell me how to find it in the UConnect :)

4. The AC/Climate control is FUNKY! Works well at times and then I'll get a blast of cold or hot air out of the blue. I am the type to just set the temp on auto around 70 degrees. MY 2015 worked perfectly. This one the jury is still out for me, but I do think it won't keep up with the heat in the Summer time next year. Let's hope RAM comes up with a fix because that does seem to be a huge complaint for many here on the forum.

5. NO CLUNK so far! YAY

6. My bed extender knobs were installed by the dealer with no charge. They will not commit to giving me the bed step like everyone else here.
They suggest I contact FCA.

7. I tried the 2018 Mopar Rambox tonneau cover with the fabric top on my 2019. It looks great but the tailgate is hard to shut and it leaks pretty good so it is going back next week. I'm looking at the Bak Revolver X4 or the Retraxpro MX now. Mopar looks like they got covers on the way for the RamBox but not until December! LOL

8. The ride on the 22 inch tires with the air suspension is simply superb!

9. The interior is top notch and fit and finish is great. Might be a little loud up towards the pano roof at times. No complaints though

10. I think the switches that extend off the bottom of the 12 inch screen get in the way of putting my phone in and out of the charger. I wish they were push buttons or maybe the screen could extend down another 2 inches and integrate it with the rest of the screen.

11. I would like to see the sliding center console have more notches cut out along the slide part so I could further customize where I would like the cup holders to be. Sometimes I like to have a large water bottle in there or a gallon of milk for the ride home and it would be nice to lock it in place without the cup holder sliding back and forth. :p Easy fix there for RAM

12. I still find this truck hard to get into ECO mode. Maybe it is related to the point I made in #1?

I hope everyone is enjoying their truck so far. I might think of a few more things after I reflect on what I posted so far. I look forward to reading your experiences and thoughts as you rack up the miles on your 2019 RAM (y)

84cVDfuST2eUXFLS5usBsw.jpg

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Well I just turned a 1000 miles today. I thought I would share a few observations and thoughts.

1. I love the E-Torque. I have learned how to work the brake pedal in the times I don't want it to shut off. The stop/start is pretty seamless. I do notice that when coasting downhill the truck decelerates pretty rapidly even in top gear. I realize this has "regenerative braking" but if I am not pressing the brakes why is is decelerating? I think this is hurting my gas milage. If I can't find an answer here on the forum, I will probably have that looked at through the dealer. I am averaging 16.6 mpg so far in a healthy mix of city, rural and highway driving. I ultimately would like to see around 19 mpg if possible.

2. My air suspension will not rise automatically above the aero mode after leaving the entry/exit mode. I had that checked at the dealer. They are waiting for feedback from the Ram Tech line. (Case open). Works fine in manual mode.

3. Harmon Kardon stereo working excellent. I could use a 10% boost in volume but I am happy with it after my initial complaints on my test drive vehicle. I can post my radio info if someone can tell me how to find it in the UConnect :)

4. The AC/Climate control is FUNKY! Works well at times and then I'll get a blast of cold or hot air out of the blue. I am the type to just set the temp on auto around 70 degrees. MY 2015 worked perfectly. This one the jury is still out for me, but I do think it won't keep up with the heat in the Summer time next year. Let's hope RAM comes up with a fix because that does seem to be a huge complaint for many here on the forum.

5. NO CLUNK so far! YAY

6. My bed extender knobs were installed by the dealer with no charge. They will not commit to giving me the bed step like everyone else here.
They suggest I contact FCA.

7. I tried the 2018 Mopar Rambox tonneau cover with the fabric top on my 2019. It looks great but the tailgate is hard to shut and it leaks pretty good so it is going back next week. I'm looking at the Bak Revolver X4 or the Retraxpro MX now. Mopar looks like they got covers on the way for the RamBox but not until December! LOL

8. The ride on the 22 inch tires with the air suspension is simply superb!

9. The interior is top notch and fit and finish is great. Might be a little loud up towards the pano roof at times. No complaints though

10. I think the switches that extend off the bottom of the 12 inch screen get in the way of putting my phone in and out of the charger. I wish they were push buttons or maybe the screen could extend down another 2 inches and integrate it with the rest of the screen.

11. I would like to see the sliding center console have more notches cut out along the slide part so I could further customize where I would like the cup holders to be. Sometimes I like to have a large water bottle in there or a gallon of milk for the ride home and it would be nice to lock it in place without the cup holder sliding back and forth. :p Easy fix there for RAM

12. I still find this truck hard to get into ECO mode. Maybe it is related to the point I made in #1?

I hope everyone is enjoying their truck so far. I might think of a few more things after I reflect on what I posted so far. I look forward to reading your experiences and thoughts as you rack up the miles on your 2019 RAM (y)

View attachment 5914

Couple of questions.

What do you mean "I have learned how to work the brake pedal in the times I don't want it to shut off." - Can you explain?

Do these come with the BUG - My bed extender knobs were installed by the dealer with no charge.

Thanks for the great review.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couple of questions.

What do you mean "I have learned how to work the brake pedal in the times I don't want it to shut off." - Can you explain?

Do these come with the BUG - My bed extender knobs were installed by the dealer with no charge.

Thanks for the great review.
In regards to the E-Torque, if you are in traffic and if you just slightly creep forward without coming to a dead stop for 2 seconds the engine won't shut off. I just leave a little bigger gap if I am approaching an intersection. You don't really have to move forward much at all to keep the engine on in times you want it to stay on(play with the brake pedal to see what I mean).

Having said that, you get power really quick to go forward once you release the brake pedal and start to move your foot towards the gas pedal.

The bed extender knobs should come with the RamBox option. Honestly I am wondering why I even ordered the BUG as everything seems to come with the RamBox anyway except the bed step which most of us want but nobody has got

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Re: "I realize this has "regenerative braking" but if I am not pressing the brakes why is it decelerating?"
>>> It's designed that way, in order to use as little fuel as possible, by converting as much kinetic energy of the truck as possible into electrical energy pumped into the eTorque battery behind the rear seat. If you don't like that much deceleration, try not pulling completely off the gas. See if you can "feather" the gas pedal in coast-down mode to control the degree of deceleration. It's easy to do in a Prius, but I've not yet driven an eTorque Ram, so I don't know if the eTorque 's decel regen behaves the same way as the Prius. With the Prius, if you pull completely off the gas, you can feel the regenerative braking slow the vehicle fairly significantly, then if you very lightly apply the brakes, you get just a wee bit more regen, without causing any significant amount of friction braking. So at least in a Prius, the way to capture the most energy while saving the most wear on the brakes, is to come completely off the gas pedal and super-lightly apply the brakes. For the last bit of stopping, it's all friction braking, of course.

Re: "...or a gallon of milk for the ride home..."
>>> Why not put the milk in the deepest part of the Ram Box? Maybe with a folded towel in the bottom to cushion it a bit. Of course, then you'd have to make sure you remember to bring the milk in when you get home (the old "out of sight, out of mind" problem) Or, tell Cortana or Siri or Google to remind you to get the milk out of the Ram Box when you arrive home (assuming you have Location enabled on your cellphone). I use those location-based reminders all the time, helps make up for an aging brain that forgets a lot ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread